Jewelry

kidlewis

Pink Sapphires are beautiful !

My husband bought me one from the jewellery quarter for valentines day. It has an emerald cut pink sapphire and and 4 diamonds either side. 2 round diamonds and 2 emerald cut diamonds. He said the jewellers were great and he basically told them exactly what he wanted and they made it to suit. And mine is 18ct white gold and is perfect. I agree with Laura in that I would rather have good stones than platium. Ill find out the name of the jewellers.

I'd phone Gemstv - I've seen my perfect engagement ring SO many times.

They used to do personal shopping service, I'm sure if you told them what you want they would help. They have lots of gorgeous Tanzanite rings in that style, but the middle is not Emerald cut. I bet they will help you out. They make their own rings and certify them, they don't buy in. 0845 6588 663.

They used to do personal shopping service, I'm sure if you told them what you want they would help. They have lots of gorgeous Tanzanite rings in that style, but the middle is not Emerald cut. I bet they will help you out. They make their own rings and certify them, they don't buy in. 0845 6588 663.

they weren't helpful at all. called up and they said

"what's on the website is what we've got, if it's on there then it's sold out".

sounded pretty not bothered tbh.

Oh I'm SO disappointed. I'll write an email to their MD as I have his email address. That's shit.

Ok we'll keep looking! Hehe. Perfection takes time anyway, it should never come too easy. ;)

http://www.jewellery-workshop.co.uk/buy/Tanzanite-Diamond-18ct-Ring.html

that ring is the one I would like to get and asked them to quote me on a larger size.

they are in maidstone, no way I can get down there and back without her knowing. damn it.

would have to buy it over the phone, which I feel a bit worried about.

:S

Oh I'm SO disappointed. I'll write an email to their MD as I have his email address. That's shit.

Ok we'll keep looking! Hehe. Perfection takes time anyway, it should never come too easy. ;)

Well this needs to be sorted out lol

Do you know who you spoke to?

http://www.jewellery-workshop.co.uk/buy/Tanzanite-Diamond-18ct-Ring.html

that ring is the one I would like to get and asked them to quote me on a larger size.

they are in maidstone, no way I can get down there and back without her knowing. damn it.

would have to buy it over the phone, which I feel a bit worried about.

:S

This ring but 0.7 ct tanzanite and 0.4ct diamonds.

Apparently bicknells said that AAA relates to the tanzanite being near flawless

Looking at rings on the likes of Amazon for a big site for comaprison on price, I think if I can get the ring style mentioned above based on the quality and size of the diamonds for about £1,500, then I will be getting a good deal.

Goldsmiths and Ernest Jones etc are asking for a lot more cash for lesser rings based on size and clarity etc.

where's Laura when you need her? :)

Hey, sorry don't get on here at weekends.

Yes, Bicknells are correct, the grading of Tanzanite is based on quality and which part of the mine the gem comes from.

AAAA is the best grading, followed by AAA, AA, A & B.

This is a good Tone / Saturation guide for the kind of colour you should be expecting at that quality.

tone-saturation-chart.gif

So you should be expecting Tanzanite at AAA quality to be around this colour:

tanzanite_grade_AAA.jpg

With the quotes you have been given is that for them to make a ring specifically for you to your requirements? What happens if they make it and you aren't happy?

It would be ideal if you can browse rings that fit your specification that are already made - you do need to see these 'on hand' really to decide whether it's right. Have you found anywhere where you can do this?

**** hell, over a grand on a ring? Thats the price of a fecking car to me. I got my ex a £120 ring from H.Samuels that she was chuffed to bits with because it was more than I could afford at the time. I know money is relative to each person but jesus thats insane.

Also, I think you clarified this but I wanted to double check, is the main stone being Emerald cut an absolute must? I've found some stunning pieces in your price range but the main stone isn't Emerald cut.

£ 1,249.95 - 18k White Gold, AAA Tanzanite Oval 2.6 Carats & 2 Round Diamonds at 0.4. 30 day money back guarantee.

919744.jpg

Also, I think you clarified this but I wanted to double check, is the main stone being Emerald cut an absolute must? I've found some stunning pieces in your price range but the main stone isn't Emerald cut.

£ 1,249.95 - 18k White Gold, AAA Tanzanite Oval 2.6 Carats & 2 Round Diamonds at 0.4. 30 day money back guarantee.

919744.jpg

it's probably the only fixed thing in my head for her. :(

Â