Jewelry

kidlewis

**** hell, over a grand on a ring? Thats the price of a fecking car to me. I got my ex a £120 ring from H.Samuels that she was chuffed to bits with because it was more than I could afford at the time. I know money is relative to each person but jesus thats insane.

I know one months gross salary is what people (dont know which people) say you should spend.

I just want to get something very nice, and unfortunately tanzanite, saphire rings aren't cheap.

Also, I think you clarified this but I wanted to double check, is the main stone being Emerald cut an absolute must? I've found some stunning pieces in your price range but the main stone isn't Emerald cut.

£ 1,249.95 - 18k White Gold, AAA Tanzanite Oval 2.6 Carats & 2 Round Diamonds at 0.4. 30 day money back guarantee.

919744.jpg

you know what, where did yo usee this?

it looks v nice, not sure how I would get to see this in person if you got it from a website.

Laura, do you think she would be overly bothered if I didn't get her an emerald cut one?

few girls in the office said they wouldn't even care (all three are married).

they said as long as it's nice she won't mind.

that ring does look nice and I would be happy to get it.

just not sure how fussy she would be when I reveal it to her.

women can be strange creatures you know.

Laura, do you think she would be overly bothered if I didn't get her an emerald cut one?

Mrs Eames essentially chose her own..... (wasn't the plan long story..... don't ask)

But all I can say is that if she opens the box, looks at the ring that you've just spunked £1500 on and says "sorry kidlewis, the tanzanite is the wrong shape" I'd be tempted not to marry her anyway. :thumb:

Mrs Eames essentially chose her own..... (wasn't the plan long story..... don't ask)

But all I can say is that if she opens the box, looks at the ring that you've just spunked £1500 on and says "sorry kidlewis, the tanzanite is the wrong shape" I'd be tempted not to marry her anyway. :thumb:

it's going to be under my bell end so......

:D

It's a tough one - personally I would prefer to pick my own ring because I know what I love - however, if the man of my dreams put as much thought into it as you have and presented me with a ring he thought I would love, well I think it would melt my heart.

What matters is that you want to spend the rest of your life with her.

Link to that ring...

This is an online sale only so you wont be able to view in person, they use their 30 day money back guarantee for people to 'try before they buy' - I'm just on the phone to them to ask if they have any promo videos with someone wearing this piece.

**** hell, over a grand on a ring? Thats the price of a fecking car to me. I got my ex a £120 ring from H.Samuels that she was chuffed to bits with because it was more than I could afford at the time. I know money is relative to each person but jesus thats insane.

I know one months gross salary is what people (dont know which people) say you should spend.

I just want to get something very nice, and unfortunately tanzanite, saphire rings aren't cheap.

Oh, I didnt realise it was an engagement ring, just thought you were splashing out on her. Fair enough then, makes more sense.

It's a tough one - personally I would prefer to pick my own ring because I know what I love - however, if the man of my dreams put as much thought into it as you have and presented me with a ring he thought I would love, well I think it would melt my heart.

Link to that ring...

This is an online sale only so you wont be able to view in person, they use their 30 day money back guarantee for people to 'try before they buy' - I'm just on the phone to them to ask if they have any promo videos with someone wearing this piece.

Unfortuantely its hard to convey the effort involved in the whole process..........

Link to that ring...

Unfortuantely its hard to convey the effort involved in the whole process..........

perhaps I could put a powerpoint presentation together on the research, forum, various quotes etc.

Hey, what can I say, i earn pittance as a health care assistant, so £120 was a lot for me just as a christmas present, obviously id spend more on an engagement ring though, maybe not £1250, but at least a good third of that. Only the best for my darlings :thumb:

Link to that ring...

How dare you post Jewellery Channel products ;) lol

Sent you a Pm Bennett

You and Laura have been helping a lot.

Got the style now and the gem stone sorted. It's just size and price

Nothing massive but something reasonable. Don't want something the size of a Malteser more skittle

the jewellery store don't give insurance or valuation certificates for their rings. I would have to buy the ring and take it to safeguard in brimingham and pay to have it valued.

which will be about £50-70 I think.

I've emailed safeguard in Birmingham asking how accurate are the prices on jewellery tv in comparison to their valuations as the quality of the ring results in quotes double the price on the high street.

I would expect the valuation they give to be more than £799 considering (even though the diamonds are SI not VS) that the value would be more.

I got quoted £1,775 for a similar ring from that jewllers in the quarter and the one in Maidstone.

surely SI instead of VS quality diamonds wouldn't cost an extra £800!!!!??

I've emailed safeguard in Birmingham asking how accurate are the prices on jewellery tv in comparison to their valuations as the quality of the ring results in quotes double the price on the high street.

I would expect the valuation they give to be more than £799 considering (even though the diamonds are SI not VS) that the value would be more.

I got quoted £1,775 for a similar ring from that jewllers in the quarter and the one in Maidstone.

surely SI instead of VS quality diamonds wouldn't cost an extra £800!!!!??

Yup probably would - and to be honest, you won't see the difference on a hand. SI IIRC is visible to the naked eye but you have to work hard..... VS is one of those Jewellers eye telescope things.....

Â