England v Spain Freindly

andykeenan

Last fifteen minutes are fairly academic now as far as I am concerned. So many substitutions have been made now that it isnt really the same game. I'd like to see us hold on, but I dont think it matters whether we do or not. Any lessons that can be learned from tonight have already been learned.

Yeah, good defensive performance. I'd even go for someone like Lescott as MotM. This match was won by lads consistently getting their foot in at the right times, not to mention making good use of a set piece. I was expecting to be underwhelmed but England won deservedly and what's encouraging is I think we can also play better than this.

Some might point to the dominant possession Spain had, but for all of that they had no cutting edge. Hart had like one (tame) save to make, which came in the last 5 minutes. Passing well and creating pretty triangles doesn't entitle you to win every time.

Spain's run ended at Wembley.

What run? They have had poor results in friendlies over the last year or so (they have lost four of their last six after tonight) so lets not get too carried away. It wasnt that long ago we beat Germany in Germany but we still spend most of the time after that result being shit.

Alan Green on radio 5 just said darren bent is not good enough for international football and wellbeck is better. Can I have your thoughts on that please?

Another pundit named Alan said that Man Utd wouldn't win anything with kids. It's just one person's opinion, but because he happens to be in the media so it gets noticed. Doesn't mean he is right and IMO he isn't

Â