England v Spain Freindly

andykeenan

God help us if Hart ever got injured.

Don't actually rate him THAT highly. He spills more shots than he really should do, and often into dangerous areas.

He's no Seaman / Banks.

Ive said exactly this Shillzz, look at the goals in the CL away at Munich abd home against Valencia, parry's the ball back into the centre of penelty area.

I don't entirely disagree with this but just look at the alternatives!

Don't actually rate him THAT highly. He spills more shots than he really should do, and often into dangerous areas.

He's no Seaman / Banks.

Ive said exactly this Shillzz, look at the goals in the CL away at Munich abd home against Valencia, parry's the ball back into the centre of penelty area.

He could have pushed it wide or out for a corner?

He's no Seaman / Banks.

Should've done better with Young's shot which led to Bent's debut goal as well ;)

Indeed. If he can't hold onto the ball (which he clearly has trouble with), then he should atleast learn to parry the ball safely towards the corner flag. As Wiggy says, he basically gifted Bayern their goals, despite the song and dance he made about it.

He's no Seaman / Banks.

Ha ha, I meant alternative England goal keepers.

He's no Seaman / Banks.

Ha ha, I meant alternative England goal keepers.

I know, i was jus **** wid ya! 8)

i think if he goes with a 3 up front gabby has every chance, bent and welbeck are too similar to ever work IMO

id like to see gabby - bent - sturridge and really go at them but no doubt like countless others we'll try to match them and nullify them and get battered

Micah Richards top of league and in form of his life cant get in squad but Glen Johnson has and he isnt even best English right back at Liverpool.

Also if on form why is none of Newcastle back line there. He might not be better but Ryan Taylor is on better form than Baines or Cole at the moment and Steven Taylor should be in ahead of Cahill

could be a good thing if you get spanked as a positive result will mean the hype will continue and England be labelled as among the favourites

I remember the England-Argentina game in 2005 after you just lost to Northern Ireland but won a friendly undeservedly and were pushed to 2nd favourites for World Cup and golden Generation tag was made heavier.

Spain Squad :

Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), José Reina (Liverpool), Víctor Valdés (Barcelona); Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Gerard Piqué (Barcelona), Jordi Alba (Valencia), Raúl Albiol (Real Madrid), Nacho Monreal (Málaga); Xavi (Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Santi Cazorla (Málaga), Javi Martínez (Athletic Bilbao), Cesc Fábregas (Barcelona), Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona); David Villa (Barcelona), David Silva (Manchester City), Fernando Torres (Chelsea), Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao), Juan Mata (Chelsea), Jesús Navas (Sevilla).

could be a good thing if you get spanked as a positive result will mean the hype will continue and England be labelled as among the favourites

I remember the England-Argentina game in 2005 after you just lost to Northern Ireland but won a friendly undeservedly and were pushed to 2nd favourites for World Cup and golden Generation tag was made heavier.

Yeah, I also remember beating France the year before the World Cup '98 , and that got everyones hopes raised. The English Press don't help matters, by constantly building up the team before tournaments.

In reality, I would say there are four teams definitely better than us/England in the Championships already with others still to qualify. I would say that Spain, Holland, Germany and France would beat us most days. I would put us alongside Italy as potential longer shots to win the tournament. You never know though, Tournaments come and go very quickly and it is all about timing your form right, and hitting a rich vein at the right time.

For the game against Spain, I see another night of chasing after the ball and coming up short. We will lose by 1 or 2 goals.

Who's hyping us or labeling us as among the favourites? People constantly use this as a stick to bash us with but the fact is nobody's really hyping us up for this tournament.

Who's hyping us or labeling us as among the favourites? People constantly use this as a stick to bash us with but the fact is nobody's really hyping us up for this tournament.

dont think you got my point. If England win against Spain the hype will begin and will last until the summer until your inevitable glorious failure

Surely Bent and Gabby have to start up-top together?
Very unlikely with Capello in charge.

Why do you say that? Because he doesnt play in-form players?

Exactly that. I was surprised to see Gabby called up to be honest. His call-ups are very much in line with tabloid hype. Plus you see the likes of Glen Johnson in there, who has never ever been good enough full stop and then add to that he's in there ahead of someone who's arguably been the best in the league this season in that position and you see the idiocy of it all.

dont think you got my point. If England win against Spain the hype will begin and will last until the summer until your inevitable glorious failure

You actually said if we beat Spain the hype would continue.

whats all this no poppy outrage bullshit?

**** the FA, if they are that bothered about having poppies about maybe they should give vauxhall some money back and take down that van behind the goal and stick a poppy there

absolutely no danger of that happening

Â