Under 19s in NextGen series

fantram

The date hasn't been set yet. Marseille still have to play Celtic on 7 December. Technically we could still end up playing Barcelona, but Marseille would have to beat Celtic by 8 goals lol So, yes, we'll be playing Marseille :) Interestingly Man Citeh lost all 6 of their games in this comp ;) The group tables, results and fixtures may be found here

Good news that we will have the next game at home, but it does beg the question, where are the next games played? Are they the ones that they go abroad for or is it just the final? Maybe I'm just rubbish at finding the info, but the website doesn't seem to be very clear at all...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The NextGen Quarter Final clash with Marseille is on this Wednesday, 25 January.

The OS has been doing a preview series with info (ok, it’s a bit limited and in typical OS style!) – links to the 3 parts below:

Part 1 Defenders Siegrist , Barrett (keepers), Webb, Williams, Donacien, Bryan, Kinsella, Nelson-Addy.

Part2 Midfielders Carruthers, Johnson, Gardner, Cameron, Graham, Grealish.

Part 3 Strikers Burke, Drennan, Robinson, Taylor.

Up The Villa

:clap:

Gardner said in the post match interview on Saturday that he'd love to play on Wednesday for the U19s.

Hope so. He scored hat tick V Ajax in the last group match at VP.

We battered the group leaders for the most part as well.

Would be absolutely fantastic if we can progress to the Semi Finals. The further we go the more accolades

our academy will get and rightly so.

Gardner said in the post match interview on Saturday that he'd love to play on Wednesday for the U19s.

Suggesting that he might not be involved. Yeh shame, but I did wonder due to his 'first team commitments'. As someone sid in his thread, maybe he'll just play one half or 60 mins or so.

who's going to this then? Hopefully get a good turnout. Can you just turn up with your season ticket at the trinity?

You can, but the free ticket for season ticket holders has now passed. You will have to pay £3

who's going to this then? Hopefully get a good turnout. Can you just turn up with your season ticket at the trinity?

My party of 3 will be there and are looking forward to it. I love cheering on a Villa match without the first team fan moaners.

The club sent out free tickets to season tickets holders who asked. I'm not sure if they'll accept ST cards at the turnstiles. If not, it's only £3. 8)

Can't see Gary Gardner playing in this, and i think our team will miss him a great deal.

His own tweets suggest otherwise and so do Mat Kendrick/Tim Abraham's....

They interviewed him this afternoon.

MatKendrick:

It's fair to say that @Gards38 full Prem debut has not dampened his excitement for the @NextGenSeries He wants to lift the trophy for #avfc

MatKendrick:

Yes, he'll be playing, I think

B'ham Mail NexGen Preview

Can't see Gary Gardner playing in this, and i think our team will miss him a great deal.

I suspect Gardner will not play and the team may miss his ability. If GG is fit and eager there might be an option to play him for 60 to 70 minutes or keep him on the bench 'just in case'.

Hopefully the 11 starters will prove they are far from a one man team. :flag:

Â