Under 19s in NextGen series

fantram

Blast I thought this kicked awf at 7pm... never mind it's HT and we're winning.

Funny the youngsters seem to know how to hold a lead far better than the senior squad.

Ohhh...

I know....commentator's curse!

TBF that was a really young squad out there and we're a few missing.

First time I've seen anything of Grealish and was impressed. The kid's got bags of skills and was being doubled-up upon as soon as they realised he could skip round players with ease. Got brushed off the ball once or twice but still very promising indeed.

I also thought Connor Taylor looked very comfortable on the ball and could be a little belter.

Daniel Johnson looked strong, composed and skillful, Johnson was decent on the left and I thought Drennan looked a fantastic hold-up player when he got the service (is it this fella who Sir_Gary_Cahill regards one of the worst players he's seen?!).

Problem was our defence as a unit looked dodgy. Rosenburg were ok but we made it a bit easy for them in and around the box.

Overall, I'm very impressed and look forward to seeing these lads progress.

drennan was awful when i've seen him but that was only 2 or 3 times, i was right about grealish though

Yep, hats off to you on that one, he looks the real deal. In fact, I found myself willing every player to pass it to him as I felt as though he'd never lose the ball and would dance around however many players tried to crowd him out.

A brilliant prospect, looks up there with the young Wayne Rooney, but you often see young lads who have amazing ability, only for them to simply fizzle out.

We'll see in a couple of years.

Â