Under 19s in NextGen series

fantram

Forget about the first team and the useless clueless McLeish. Tonight Villa's Under 19s stand a very good chance of qualifying for the last 8 of the NextGen Series. A draw against Ajax at VP will be enough to take us through :) Look forward to reports from those of you lucky enough to be able to get to the game ;)

excellent performance from him tonight in the nextgen, moved the ball on quickly, never gave it away, he's just a superb footballer, i think he's got much more of a chance than gardner of making it here. He's a natural footballer, his first touch and passing is top drawer, i love watching him play

excellent performance from him tonight in the nextgen, moved the ball on quickly, never gave it away, he's just a superb footballer, i think he's got much more of a chance than gardner of making it here. He's a natural footballer, his first touch and passing is top drawer, i love watching him play

excellent performance from him tonight in the nextgen, he consistently beat ajax's right back for pace and skill, he can also cross the ball very well, he's got real potential, i'm very excited about this player

Who?

More enjoyable than watching the first team that's for sure . Technical ability shone through and you would think there are one or two who can make it . Sat with Des Bremner who came just to take a game in and see Gardner he said definately more promise than his brother but they won't rush him into the first team just yet because of the injury he had .

I still think a true midfielder would be better than some of the people playing in midfield at the moment but anway good performance and some decent potential talent there .

Yes, this competition is one small glimmer of light in what looks like a long dark season. Hopefully we'll see at least 2 or 3 of these make the grade here at Villa and have succesful careers here.

excellent performance from him tonight in the nextgen, he consistently beat ajax's right back for pace and skill, he can also cross the ball very well, he's got real potential, i'm very excited about this player

Who?

I would imagine he is talking about cameron from what I saw last night. He had an excellent fist half last night, as did Carruthers. For me Cameron though will struggle when he comes against a full back who is as quick as him as I don't believe he is that skillful. Carruthers is the more skillfull out of the two but he just got kicked for most of the night.

DJ had a solid game and looked like he wanted to get the ball down and play football, and was quick to break going forwards.

Gardner didn't do too much last night except score the goals, reminded me of Frank Lampard in that respect.

Graham when he came on looked good and did the best skill of the night in the last minute when he skinned about 4 ajax players and was through on goal before unbelievably the ref brought it back for a foul on him instead of playing the advantage. the Ref got rightly booed by the fans for that.

Our two centre backs looked solid and assured and Neslon-Addy also looked good. Kinsella struggled for me, but he might have just been nervous in front of the fans.

all in all it was a very good performance.

I would imagine he is talking about cameron from what I saw last night. He had an excellent fist half last night, as did Carruthers. For me Cameron though will struggle when he comes against a full back who is as quick as him as I don't believe he is that skillful. Carruthers is the more skillfull out of the two but he just got kicked for most of the night.

DJ had a solid game and looked like he wanted to get the ball down and play football, and was quick to break going forwards.

Gardner didn't do too much last night except score the goals, reminded me of Frank Lampard in that respect.

Graham when he came on looked good and did the best skill of the night in the last minute when he skinned about 4 ajax players and was through on goal before unbelievably the ref brought it back for a foul on him instead of playing the advantage. the Ref got rightly booed by the fans for that.

Our two centre backs looked solid and assured and Neslon-Addy also looked good. Kinsella struggled for me, but he might have just been nervous in front of the fans.

all in all it was a very good performance.

I agree with almost all of this, though I thought Gardner grew into and influenced the game (beyond his goals) more and more as it went on. He always wanted the ball and he tracked back well, too. Johnson was class, really strong performance, but what I liked in terms of shap was that he and Gardner were never both abandoning the middle of the park if one burst forwards; it felt weird to watch a Villa side that had such a strong midfield prescence, actually!

I thought Kinsella did alright against their no. 7 who looked a threat in the first half, but got exposed a few times.

Agreed about Cameron - superb last night but a lot of it was down to pace. Not to worry, though, with how young these are.

The ref pulling the game back after Graham's superb play was outrageous! He seemed a bit of a jobsworth though, constantly calling for free kicks to be re-taken over a matter of a yard etc.

One of the things that I liked was how often we just wanted to play the ball short and keep on going when we won a free kick. It was a nice little indication of how these are being coached to play. Though, as my mate said, you've got to make sure you're all on the same page with that kind of play, as we played it short from one free kick in the second half just as one of our centre backs had began to get himself into the area!

If anything disappointed me, it was Ajax. Undoubted ability in the team, but they just seemed to want to kick us once we got our noses in front. As a team,I was so impressed with how we didn't give them space to play.

Superb night, superb tonic after watching the first team.

Do we have confirmation yet that there will be no further Next Gen games at VP yet? Until next season anyway. Seems a shame to miss out on seeing them in the next stage of the competition. I can see why they'd fly off somewhere for the final, but 2-legged home & away quarters and semis would surely be the best way to go?

Â