Under 19s in NextGen series

fantram

Do we have confirmation yet that there will be no further Next Gen games at VP yet? Until next season anyway. Seems a shame to miss out on seeing them in the next stage of the competition. I can see why they'd fly off somewhere for the final, but 2-legged home & away quarters and semis would surely be the best way to go?

They're one-leg ties, with the group winner getting the home advantage - according to Villa Central who have the NextGen Twitter as their source.

Hopefully we can top our group so that we can play the QF at home AND probably avoid Barcelona.

Do we have confirmation yet that there will be no further Next Gen games at VP yet? Until next season anyway. Seems a shame to miss out on seeing them in the next stage of the competition. I can see why they'd fly off somewhere for the final, but 2-legged home & away quarters and semis would surely be the best way to go?

They're one-leg ties, with the group winner getting the home advantage - according to Villa Central who have the NextGen Twitter as their source.

Hopefully we can top our group so that we can play the QF at home AND probably avoid Barcelona.

Good news! Here's hoping for a Rosenborg win or draw @ Ajaz next week then

excellent performance from him tonight in the nextgen, moved the ball on quickly, never gave it away, he's just a superb footballer, i think he's got much more of a chance than gardner of making it here. He's a natural footballer, his first touch and passing is top drawer, i love watching him play

excellent performance from him tonight in the nextgen, he consistently beat ajax's right back for pace and skill, he can also cross the ball very well, he's got real potential, i'm very excited about this player

Who?

1st was daniel johnson, the 2nd was courtney cameron, they were both excellent last night, they've got real futures at the football club

We seem to have a winger factory at the minute at youth level. I wonder how much this has to do with Ashley Young being their role model?

I doubt that AY being a role model would have an effect. I would imagine John Robertson had big influence on the coaching of the youth set up when he was here. He was a winger in his playing days and therefore would have put that image to the coaching drills. I remember reading that James Milner advised that he helped him develop considerably by getting him to think of different situations that he would face in a game and then trying to think of different solutions to these.

I would also imagine that MON would like wingers developed as that is the style we played, therefore he would have had the youth set up in that manner.

I think SGC may be correct on Johnson, he does look a bit good in the little clips I've seen, but saying that, even a **** clock tells the right time twice a day.

he's excellent, a really great football talent, i think he'll break through to the first team this season

We seem to have a winger factory at the minute at youth level. I wonder how much this has to do with Ashley Young being their role model?

I doubt that AY being a role model would have an effect. I would imagine John Robertson had big influence on the coaching of the youth set up when he was here. He was a winger in his playing days and therefore would have put that image to the coaching drills. I remember reading that James Milner advised that he helped him develop considerably by getting him to think of different situations that he would face in a game and then trying to think of different solutions to these.

I would also imagine that MON would like wingers developed as that is the style we played, therefore he would have had the youth set up in that manner.

Well it is really depressing to think of what McUseless thinks are decent wingers??? Hutton and Heskey will keep out all our wingers ATM!

Went to the Rosenburg and Ajax games down at VP, was impressed with Gary Gardner, Courtney Cameron, Graham Burke, Jack Grealish, Jordan Graham and Daniel Johnson.

Grealish impressed against Rosenburg and Graham's run against Ajax made everyone sit up and take notice, superb bit of skill, shame the ref pulled play back!! Two very promising wingers, although I haven't seen enough of them to judge if they will be world beaters yet!!

The quarter finals are only one leg, if we are runners in our group we will be away to the winner of group A, probably Barcelona. We need Rosenburg to do us a favour and get a win or draw against Ajax so we win the group, then we will be at home, against Marseille.

Edit - won't be Celtic so changed to Marseille!!

Â