Final Fantasy

hogso

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Surprise for me was that the exclusivity for remake and PS is over but still no xbox release, especially when crisis core is getting a xbox release 

Ever crisis looked like a 50/50 remake remaster of 7? So yeah I'd probably play that 

I didn't think Crisis Core would ever get another release, due to the copyrighting issues with Gackt (voice / model for Genesis, famous J-Pop star) which have been reported for years. Guess they sorted that out and he'll take a bucket load of money from all those releases across platforms.

Ever Crisis is an interesting one. It'll feature battles more closely related graphically to Remake using an ATB to make it turn based, but with entirely re-built maps based exactly on the original, and it also appears to use the original script too. BUT. And it's a big but. This is a mobile game, and we know it will have gatcha mechanics. It's also episodic, much like other FF mobile games, so new 'levels' will be released every few months or so. You'll be able to run through the levels with different costumes, equipment, even party members with different difficulty settings.

I hope you'll be able to pick it up when all the levels are released (ie. you can play through Crisis Core and then FFVII) just to see the pretty new environments, but it might not be that simple unfortunately!

Confirmation that development had also commenced on the third and final FFVIIR game. 

I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's subtitle is Resurrection. 

• 2 weeks later...

I went back to my FFX Plat attempt save. 

I've now completed the sphere grid for everyone, beat Nemesis, beat Penance, leaving only one trophy to go after four hundred and eighty three hours. Yes, 483. I'll be damned if I don't plat it now, but I've never, ever, got 200 lightning dodges. I'll persevere, but never **** again will I grind out the sphere grid, and **** the earth eater grind for fortune spheres in particular. 

By way of comparison, I played the story through in a new save whilst Resonant Arc did their recent analysis. My time on the save at the last point before going up against Yu Yevon was 33 hours! 

• Shocked 2

On 17/06/2022 at 12:44, hogso said:

Confirmation that development had also commenced on the third and final FFVIIR game. 

I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's subtitle is Resurrection. 

His first sentence says their are FOUR FFVII games... so the 3rd game can't be the final one?

Wait so they're making up a new part of the FFVII story to insert into the already planned 3 part Remake? Is that what they're saying. OR is it a stand alone title outside of the core FFVII storyline? 

2 hours ago, hogso said:

I went back to my FFX Plat attempt save. 

I've now completed the sphere grid for everyone, beat Nemesis, beat Penance, leaving only one trophy to go after four hundred and eighty three hours. Yes, 483. I'll be damned if I don't plat it now, but I've never, ever, got 200 lightning dodges. I'll persevere, but never **** again will I grind out the sphere grid, and **** the earth eater grind for fortune spheres in particular. 

By way of comparison, I played the story through in a new save whilst Resonant Arc did their recent analysis. My time on the save at the last point before going up against Yu Yevon was 33 hours! 

Bloody hell mate, how’s it taken you that long!? I gave up on lightning dodging missing out on the plat, but I topped out at 120 hours

@ender4 @CVByrne the 4 FFVII games in development currently are FFVII Rebirth, FFVII Part 3, FFVII Ever Crisis and FFVII Crisis Core Reunion.

Ever Crisis is a mobile game which will be a scene for scene remake of FFVII OG whereas the Remake trilogy is essentially a sequel, which will become more obvious in Rebirth (most fans assume).

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Bloody hell mate, how’s it taken you that long!? I gave up on lightning dodging missing out on the plat, but I topped out at 120 hours

I know, crazy isn't it. The simple answer is, I'm not really sure. It's a save file begun on the PS3 when FFX HD first came out, continued on PS4, and now here I am trying to finish it on PS5. First trophy was earnt in March 2014, so although the hours total is monstrous, broken down over an 8 year span it's not too bad! I can definitely say I didn't complete monster catching, the arena, item grinds for the best equipment or the sphere grid in the most efficient way, though. 

Edited by hogso
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Thanks Hogso. So the remake trilogy won't be the remake of the FFVII story for the modern consoles? 

That's a crushing disappointment

It’s sounds like it is… but just with a lot more side stories and depth to be spread out over 3 games and with different characters perspectives.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Thanks Hogso. So the remake trilogy won't be the remake of the FFVII story for the modern consoles? 

That's a crushing disappointment

No, it won't be a remake of OGs story, we know that much already given the ending of Remake. However, the devs have more or less confirmed that all the original locations and characters will be there. 

The story of the Remake trilogy appears to be, in short, the same set up as OG, but somehow Aerith has knowledge of what is 'supposed' to happen, with the events of Remake setting out Cloud and co breaking away from fate, allowing them in theory to stop Sephiroth using the black materia, Aerith from dying, etc. 

Some fans speculate that it's all a big bait and switch, and Aerith will die anyway. Others believe Cloud will die, and Zack will effectively take over as leader of the group. 

Next game should feature the death and more importantly the gold saucer, have red as a playable character maybe go as far as cid but I can see them leaving 2 characters for the final game 

There's a lot to get through 

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Next game should feature the death and more importantly the gold saucer, have red as a playable character maybe go as far as cid but I can see them leaving 2 characters for the final game 

There's a lot to get through 

I reckon the next game will have Red and Yuffie as playable characters, and Cait Sith similar to how Red was at the end of Remake

Cid and Vincent for the 3rd.

But that means that Rebirth will cover from Kalm to Mt Nibel, leaving the final installment to pick up at Rocket Town to the end. Seems a lot to cram in. In reality I think you'd want Rebirth to cover up to the Temple of the Ancients - but that allows for all possible characters to be available in Rebirth.

A rumour - originating from 4chan so take with a very very large grain of salt - suggested that Cid couldn't be playable, and would instead be a shop / upgrade guy. Which would be a huge disappointment, as like Yuffie and Vincent his 'dragoon' job skills will play a lot differently to the rest of the group, which was one of my favourite things about Remake, getting grips with how Tifa plays and having her be probably the most devastating playable character available. 

The same 'leak' also suggested that it's Genesis from Crisis Core pulling the strings in the background, which will be revealed at the end of Rebirth. 

I don't believe that for a second. But it's interesting to note, and perhaps look back on this post in a couple of years for a good laugh (or cry). 

Â