Final Fantasy

hogso

FFXVI trailer from the State of Play the other day, featuring some gameplay and a song about summons, sorry, Eikons. 

I'm hoping for the best, given the dev team, and really hoping for something a bit different on that basis. At the moment, it certainly seems different for an FF - perhaps a little too different for some - but, if the dev team can take their success from FFXI and XIV (and to a lesser extent DQB), the game should play really well. 

I still want to see a lot more of it, but what I will say at least, is that I do like the FF's were summons are a big part of the story. 

Almost everything about this game could suck and I'll still probably enjoy it as the combat director on FF16 worked on Devil May Cry 5, and Dragons Dogma which are two very gameplay first experiences. Any game that puts gameplay first is likely to be enjoyable regardless of what the other departments bring to the table. It's why Forspoken (another Square Enix game) concerns me because the gameplay looks average, which means everything is resting on the story, and most stories in video games are mundane and cliché. Most video games rely on the tired trope of, "you're the only one in the world that can save us all" which was great as a power trip when I was 6 years old and dumb as shit, but as an adult it's overdone and not interesting. So FF16 focusing on gameplay is perfectly fine by me, and maybe the story will be half decent too.

On 18/05/2022 at 22:19, hogso said:

Following @Ingram85s post about FFX in another thread, I almost feel obliged to follow it up with a bit more detail about what was actually going on.

Don't read the following if you ever intend to play Final Fantasy X, as it will give the whole thing away. 

Reveal hidden contents

The Fayth are individuals who willingly gave up their lives, and became - literally in a way - immortalised in statues. Their actual bodies were sealed away, and via some sort of ritual, their souls were striped apart from their physical bodies. So they're not exactly dead, but they're not alive in the conventional sense either. A lot of the Fayth were sealed away in temples. 

Pyreflies are an aspect of nature in Spira. They aren't actually flies, although they resemble glow bugs when in high concentrations. Instead, they're something quite ambiguous, but they do have the ability to manifest unreal things, and give them shape, and a physical presence, in Spira. 

Ten thousand years before the events of the majority of the game, there was a war between Bevelle and Zanarkand, which the former won, and the latter was largely destroyed. Yu Yevon, the leader of Bevelle, took his most loyal followers, and turned them in to Fayth. 

Fayth have the ability to dream, and those dreams can manifest in to something real within Spira due to the power of the Pyreflies. So, when a summoner calls an Aeon, they're actually calling forth the dream of a specific Aeon from a Fayth they have encountered at a temple. For example, the Fayth who dreams of Shiva would have lived in a very cold climate, so it's almost like a representation of their personality. 

Yu Yevon encased a large number of Fayth within a wall near to Mount Gagazet, and used their power to dream of Zanarkand at it's peak, as a way to preserve it - the buildings, the people, everything, as it was before the war. In a way, that version of Zanarkand is a huge summon, albeit one completely inaccessible to the normal inhabitants of Spira. The people within this dream think they are real, such is the power of the Fayth. They fall in love, have children, work, play, as if they were alive. And they did this for ten thousand years. 

This summoning of Zanarkand was of great importance to Yu Yevon, so much so that he created an 'armour' for himself so his summoning would not be disturbed. This armour is Sin. Yu Yevon lost his humanity as a result doing this, but such was his obsession, he went on summoning dream Zanarkand via the Fayth. At the same time, Sin began to rampage across Spira. 

Occasionally during those ten thousand years, Sin would be defeated, and a period of calm would begin. In essence this period of time is how long it takes for Yevon to jump from his current body to the body of the summoner who defeated Sin, and in doing so, a new Sin is created. 

The Fayth grew tired of this continual dream, and the effort of maintaining dream Zanarkand for thousands of years. The Fayth from temples who are manifested as Aeons by summoners can come and go from dream Zanarkand as they please. It is Bahamut, who appears as a child, who selects Tidus to be the one to defeat Yu Yevon, and stop the dream of the Fayth. 

Tidus himself, then, is a summon created by the Fayth, and manifested in Spira by Pyreflies, so he appears to be a real person. He himself also believes his Zanarkand to be real.

When Yuna and her guardians eventually defeat Sin and Yu Yevon, they break this cycle, and Spira enters a period of eternal calm. 

Because of that, though, Tidus can no longer continue to exist in Spira, the real world, because the Fayth are finally at peace, their dream of Zanarkand ended. 

There's a little more to it than that - Yu Yevon's daughter, Yunalesca and her husband who were the first to defeat Sin play a significant role in the lore and history of Spira, as does Auron when it comes to the actual 'isekai' of Tidus from dream Zanarkand to the real world. He's actually undead and also comprised of Pyreflies like Tidus, but instead of being a summon, or dream, it's easier to think of him as a ghost who was tied to the real world which prevented his soul from moving on. 

It's kind of beautiful when all that comes together at the end of FFX. 

Can you do one of these for 8 please?!  I've ready so many "explained" articles and I still... just don't get it😅

3 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Can you do one of these for 8 please?!  I've ready so many "explained" articles and I still... just don't get it😅

Ah, yeah, I could give that a go. 

Unfortunately...VIII is comfortably amongst my least favourite FF's, and it's entirely due to certain aspects of the story, which are just, well, dumb for lack of a better word. 

Like I said in that FFX post, the end is beautiful when it comes together (admittedly there may be multiple playthroughs required to understand everythingthough), and not only that, but the pace of the story cracks along brilliantly well, the world through Tidus' eyes as a stranger in a strange land is handled really well, as are the various twists and turns along the way. 

There are significant moments in the plot of VIII that makes very little sense, and some of the lore which is very important to the world is literally hidden. 

It's a shame because there is some great stuff in VIII in the story, and in fairness to the way SE did things at the time, the staff learnt a lot from VIII, and wouldn't have made the game X is without having made that game, and written VIII's story, the way they did. 

It was one of my favourites but replaying 7 to 10 last year yeah it's the weakest

Its more a case of fond memories because that was the time when I first got in to hype surrounding games, i was 14/15 can remember definitley reading gamesmaster and I'm sure at least one other every month, re2 was 98, ff9 was 99 and that was the time when I was reading up on those games, knew what day they were released and got them day one

For FF7 and RE1 I just kind of discovered them myself after they'd been released but FF8 and RE2 I tracked for over a year 

Edit - and triple triad is still brilliantly **** frustrating

Edited by villa4europe

The nostalgic appeal of VIII is definitely strong with me too, and it's not a bad game, there's just aspects of the story I really don't like. 

VIII was the one for me too were there was very real hype. I was 13, got OPSM every month at the time, and got the special VIII issue, with the demo. I played that thing to death (it was the Dollet mission). That particular issue made me aware of games not released in Europe too, like Parasite Eve, Xenogears, Wild Arms 2 and FF Tactics. There was only a postage stamp sized screenshot and 5 or so lines of text per game, but I was intrigued by them, got copies from a dodgy bloke my Dad knew who chipped my PS1. Drove my parents mad getting a TV for my bedroom which supported NTSC/60hz. After that I was utterly hooked, skipped school to buy IX on release day so I could play it all day, and didn't miss a release after that. 

Isn't one of the popular theories with 8 that

Spoiler

Basically most of the game is a 'death dream', where Squall is killed during a boss fight and everything afterwards is his mind processing his death?

Because from what I remember of it, the game is pretty straightforward until he gets injured in a cutscene a third through, which is then brushed off and the rest of the story is completely mental and doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Isn't one of the popular theories with 8 that

Reveal hidden contents

Basically most of the game is a 'death dream', where Squall is killed during a boss fight and everything afterwards is his mind processing his death?

Because from what I remember of it, the game is pretty straightforward until he gets injured in a cutscene a third through, which is then brushed off and the rest of the story is completely mental and doesn't make any sense.

Yes it is! 

Spoiler

That occurs at the end of disc one, when Squall's squad are sent to Deling City to assassinate Edea, the sorceress. 

The plan goes wrong, Irvine misses the shot, so plan B comes in to effect which is essentially rush her head on. 

You have a boss bottle, then there's a CG cutscene where she impales Squall with a huge piece of ice. 

A pretty cool scene, pardon the pun, and adds a decent little cliffhanger at a time you physically had to get up, open the game case, get disc 2, open the PS1, take disc 1 out, and replace it, knowing Aerith had been killed in 7, and thinking, holy shit Squall is dead! 

Way later in the game, a brief image is shown of the below, which fueled the Squall is dead theories. 

1cf8i4qtm9q31.jpg?auto=webp&s=5783223cff

It is just that though, a fan theory. You can actually see in the cut scene that it impales his shoulder. Now...granted...it still appears to be a bad injury which isn't really addressed at all at the start of disc two. In fact Squall basically just wakes up and says something like, where has my wound gone? And that's that. 

There's a lot of examples of style over substance in FF, and for me this is definitely one of the worst. You can almost imagine the meeting - hey wouldn't it be fun if we fake out kill Squall to give the fans a shocking moment! Yeah! And then, not explain it at all! 

• Like 2

The ...is Dead theory is the one I quite like (chiefly as I can actually sorta follow the narrative logic thereafter), the competing Dream/Time Compression stuff gives me a headache.

36 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

The ...is Dead theory is the one I quite like (chiefly as I can actually sorta follow the narrative logic thereafter), the competing Dream/Time Compression stuff gives me a headache.

Spoiler

In my head Squall is dead, at the end. Not from an earlier chapter though, from the lost in time segment. His 'ghost' is with Rinoa on the ship balcony at the end / or it's her imagination/grief. I'm sure as the camera zooms out and pans around you can't see him there but you can see her.

That ambiguous nature of the ending of FFVIII is something I do like, I have to say. I personally don't agree with the above, but it's purposefully done that way to encourage debate and let players draw their own conclusions, which I always appreciate.

Anyway, let's give an FFVIII explainer a go. I won't point out which bits I think are dumb, I'll just try and present it all as well as I can.

This is going to be a long one, so grab a coffee, tea, or other preferred beverage. It's longer than FFX, which although difficult to understand without knowledge of a few pieces of lore, isn't too bad once your grasp them...FFVIII's issue is the timeline, so I feel the need to give a lot more context for this one. 

Spoiler

Thousands of years ago, in pre-history, a man, perhaps even a God, named Hyne ruled the world. He tired of the world in which he resided, so built tools to maintain the world, and keep order for him, so he could finally rest. These tools were actually people, the descendants of those who reside in the world of FFVIII that we know. When Hyne awoke from his slumber, he was surprised to see how many people now inhabited his world, and as a result, he choose to kill their children. The people rose up against him as a result, and Hyne was arrogant; he believed his magic would make short work of his tools. However, Man had a wisdom, and ingenuity, that Hyne underestimated, and he was forced to surrender -  cutting himself in two, and offering half of his body to Man, as a way to bestow upon them the magic which they coveted. But they were all of them were deceived...the half of his body offered up held no magic power at all. Instead, Hyne gave his power to a Woman, and disappeared, forever.

The first Woman to receive this power was the first Sorceress, and She was only able to die once those powers had been transferred to a new host. This process become known as the 'Succession of Witches'. A Sorceress may, therefore, select the individual whom they wish to transfer their powers to before they die, often selecting individuals who showed certain talents. Throughout history, the Sorceress of any given era was generally feared, if not respected, although She was not necessarily evil. Indeed, some used their powers to aid those facing oppression.

During this time, a phenomenon known as the Lunar Cry, or Moon's Tears, caused havoc on the world. For reasons that are never fully understood, a wealth of monsters grow on the moon, over the course a hundred years or so; to the point that the moon would literally overflow with monsters, and they pour out, invading the planet. This caused untold destruction when it occurred, even ending whole civilisations - one of which was the Centra, a highly advanced people. As a result, the moon has been an omen for all of humanity across history.

Around 20 years before the majority of events in the game, Ellone is born in Winhill. She is an enigma; born with the innate ability to not only use telepathy to speak to others, but more significantly, she can connect with other peoples consciousness', and effectively move them backwards in time, so their consciousness can inhabit the body of someone in the past - so they can experience, first hand, events which Ellone choses. Around the same time, Dr. Odine of the technologically advanced country of Esthar, begins to experiment with magical beings which become known as Guardian Forces. He discovers a process where these beings can be 'junctioned' to the human mind, allowing them to 'draw', stock, and use magic; effectively emulating the powers of the Sorceress. This ability is not without it's consequences, though - it causes severe memory loss in most users. This discovery causes shockwaves around the world, with some scientists of the time rejecting outright the consequences it would have on war, founding the isolated city of Fisherman's Horizon, dedicated to pacifism. 

A few years later, a particularly powerful Sorceress named Adel becomes aware of Ellone's powers, and chooses her to be the ideal next host for the Succession of Witches, recognising the potential for her power in her aim for total domination of the world. She is the leader of Esthar, whose soldiers are dispatched to Winhill to capture Ellone. Her parents protect her, but are killed in doing so. As a result, Raine, a woman of the village, takes her in, and cares for her over the coming years. At the same time, due to the tension across the world caused by Adel and Esthar's actions, they come in to direct conflict with Galbadia, who although not as technologically advanced, are militarily advanced. This became known as the Sorceress War, resulting in many children being orphaned due to the lives lost across the world.

At this time, Laguna, Ward, and Kiros are members of the Galbadian army, and amongst other missions, are dispatched to a Centra Excavation Site. At this site a huge Crystal Pillar is discovered, which can incite a Lunar Cry at will. Adel wishes to use this tool against her enemies, so builds around it a huge mobile fortress called Lunatic Pandora, which is moved to Esthar. Laguna & Co desert the army, are injured in the process, and Laguna ends up in Winhill recuperating from his injuries, where he meets Raine and Ellone. The three of them become close, until Adel dispatches soldiers to Winhill once more to abduct Ellone; and are this time successful.

Dr Odine experiments on her, and develops a junction machine which, like his work on GF's did, manages to emulate her powers, meaning in theory, one would be able to send their own consciousness or that of others, in to the past. 

Laguna & Co leave Winhill to rescue Ellone; and play a key role in ending the Sorceress War, particularly Laguna. He dupes Adel in to entering a capsule which is then sent in to space, isolating her powers - however, this does cause radio waves on the planet to be useless, due to the interference caused by this device. As a result of his role, Laguna becomes President of Esthar. Free from Adel's power, Esthar recognises the danger posed by the Lunatic Pandora and they drop it in to the ocean.

Around the same time, Ellone returns to Winhill to live with Raine, who unknown to Laguna, is pregnant with his child. This child is Squall - with his mother passing away a short while after. Edea Kramer sets up an Orphanage to care for the children impacted by the war from around the world - including Squall and Ellone, as well as Zell, Quistis, Selphie, Irvine and Seifer. 

Far in the future, the Sorceress Ultimecia wishes to achieve 'time compression' - a state where she is the only entity in the universe, living perpetually for an infinite span of time; total, unending, control. In this future world, Ultimecia has already achieved almost total domination of the world. Very few structures still exist, except for her castle. The only force remaining to stand up to her are the White Seeds, an elite human army whose numbers are almost completely annihilated. This isn't enough for Ultimecia though, who wants to progress with her plan to achieve time compression. To do this, she uses Odine's junction machine to send her consciousness back in to the past. This machine is limited in it's capabilities, and to capture all of time within her time compression, she knows she must make use of the Ellone's natural ability to go back as far as possible, allowing her to cast her spell and encapsulate as much of eternity in to it as she can.

An Ultimecia who is apparently dying appears at Edea's orphanage, whom willingly takes on her Sorceress powers, protecting the children from the burden. With Ultimecia is a person who appears to be an older version of the child Squall that Edea is caring for. He tells Edea that he is a member of Seed, an organisation which has successfully ended the succession of witches, and Ultimecia's threat to all of history. This person then disappears back in to the portal from where they came. This encounter leads Edea to form Seed and abandon the orphanage; after which she confines herself to the White Seed ship, in an attempt to subdue the threat her powers may pose to the world. Ellone is also sent in to hiding, in an attempt to avoid anyone else from seeking to misuse her powers.

Cid Kramer, Edea's husband, finds a sponsor to fund Seed in a Shumi called Norg. Over a period of years, Centra technology, adapted by Esthar, is used to construct huge mobile buildings which are called Gardens - which will house the students who will become members of Seed. These Gardens in effect become bigger and better versions of the original Orphanage Edea and Cid ran - although now with a focus, the mission to defeat Ultimecia in the distant future. To do this, they make use of the junction system to gain powers from GF, gaining powerful magic and abilities in the process, at the cost of memory loss for most people. 

The children from the orphanage are moved to the Garden's, and begin their training to become members of Seed. At some point around this time, Ultimecia sends her consciousness back in time using the junction machine and takes control of Edea (under Ultimecia's control referred to henceforth as Edea*), who leaves the White Seed ship, and begins to infiltrate the Galbadian government with the aim of locating Ellone.

Ellone travels to Balamb Garden, bumps in to her old friends from childhood who have no memory of her, and warns Cid of Edea*'s erratic behaviour, and her belief that the time to complete Seed's mission is at hand - Ultimecia has put her plan in to full effect, and her quest to complete time compression is now a very real possibility. As a result, Cid entrusts Squall, Quistis, and Selphie with a bit more freedom than you may otherwise expect for newly qualified Seed, knowing that all life, and time itself, is now under threat. 

Squall meets Rinoa, who has her own potential when it comes to the Succession of Witches. Occasionally, the members of Seed find that they fall unconcious and assume the bodies of Laguna & Co in the past, witnessing the events from their point of view during the Sorceress War. Seifer, who was an unsuccessful candidate, dedicates himself instead to becoming the Sorceresses Knight, and submits himself to Edea*'s command. 

Edea* kills Galbadia's president and assumes de facto control of the country. Following a failed assassination attempt, she imprisons the members of Seed under Squall's command, and has Seifer torture him to understand what Seed's purpose truly is. They don't actually know their mission, as it has never been formally disclosed; Ultimecia, and her plan for time compression, has remained a secret. Seifer believes that this information would have been entrusted to them when they graduated to become Seed, which he never did. Frustrated, Edea* orders Galbadia's army to launch missiles at Balamb and Trabia Garden's; Balamb Garden mobilises and avoids the attack, but Trabia is destroyed. The party make their way there, and it is here that Irvine reveals to the group that he knows them all - except Rinoa - as they grew up together in Edea's orphanage. Why only Irvine remembers this is unclear, and although the rest of the group don't recall anything, they agree that there does seem to be some unspoken connection between them.

Given the failed assassination attack on her by Seed, although Edea* may not know what plan they have, she knows she is under threat and so attempts to wipe out Seed, using her influence in Galbadia. This becomes known as the Garden War, which culminates in the Battle of the Gardens where Squall's forces face Edea* head on within Galbadia Garden. Edea* orders Seifer to raise Lunatic Pandora from the ocean and trigger a Lunar Cry, having failed to destroy Balamb Garden. 

They manage to defeat Edea* in battle, inadvertently causing Ultimecia to transfer from Edea* to Rinoa. This causes Rinoa* to fall in to a coma, causing Squall to realise his feelings for her, and so he searches for a way to wake her up. The members of Seed learn of Ellone's powers - and seek her out to see if she can rouse Rinoa from her coma. She's on the Lunar Base, effectively in hiding from Ultimecia.

Squall & Co travel to the moon, and discover that it was Ellone who was purposefully sending them back in time to experience the Sorceress War first hand, via Laguna & Co. This was actually an attempt by Ellone to change the past, to help Laguna to somehow end the threat posed by Ultimecia, rather than simply sealing Adel away. She also hoped that with her intervention, she may allow Laguna to spend more time with Raine before her death.

Rinoa* awakens and opens Adel's cell, Ultimecia having deciding that she would be a much better and more powerful host than Rinoa* . At the same time, Seifer triggers the Lunar Cry.

With Rinoa again conscious, she, Squall, and the other members of Seed along with Ellone come to understand Ultimecia's goal of time compression, and with the help of Dr Odine, Esthar, and Laguna who is now revealed to the party to be the president of Esthar, they formulate a plan to defeat her. If they defeat Adel*, Rinoa would be the only host available for Ultimecia to transfer to, which they can use to their advantage. They also promise to meet each other when it's all over at the Orphanage where they grew up together.

Adel* orders Seifer to capture Rinoa, and Adel* junctions Rinoa to herself to boost her power. Squall & Co battle Seifer and then Adel* and defeat her, executing the first part of their plan. Ultimecia transfers to Rinoa, and at the same time, Ellone uses her powers to send Rinoa* in to the past, where Ultimecia casts her time compression spell, with Ellone then sending Ultimecia and Rinoa back to their original bodies. It's only via the bonds - and love - that Squall & Co share that allows them to survive time compression, and arrive in the future, at Ultimecia's Castle. 

There, the group witness White Seed's dead at the foot of her fortress - showing that Seed have been battling Ultimecia for generations, giving up countless lives in an attempt to defeat her. They battle many strong foes in her castle, as well as contending with some lingering affects of time compression which have temporarily inhibited some of their abilities, before they battle her face to face. 

Ultimecia uses her powers to summon the most powerful GF from Squall's mind - Greiver (OK, I said I wouldn't put my own personal comments anywhere, but I feel the need to here. It's a bit like in Ghostbusters when Gozer manifests as the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man. Yeah).

The party overcome Greiver, and defeat Ultimecia - but such is the curse of the Succession of Witches, that Ultimecia cannot truly die without passing her powers to another. She and Squall are transported in to the past, and arrive at the Orphanage, where Ultimecia passes her powers on to Edea, and Squall tells her that Seed are the only hope in defeating Ultimecia. Squall's consciousness is confined to the void left behind from the collapsed time compression as a result. The other members of the party use their bonds to remember where they should be, and their promise to meet at the Orphanage, and return to their own time, the Succession of Witches ended, and Ultimecia defeated.

Rinoa finds Squall's body at the field next to the Orphanage; Seifer now reformed enjoys a spot of fishing with friends; Laguna & Co along with Ellone return to Winhill to visit Raine's grave, and he recalls his last conversation with her where it is revealed that they were betrothed; Zell, Selphie, Quistis, Irvine, Cid and Edea, as well as other Seed members and students attend a celebration aboard Balamb Garden; Squall appears on the balcony of Balamb Garden and smiles, kissing Rinoa, underneath the moon. 

(whether Rinoa either used some lingering Sorceress power to re-connect Squall's consciousness to his body / resurrect him, or simply fantasised of him being aboard Balamb Garden during the celebrations as he isn't seen by anyone else apparently, is up to the individual)

~~~CONGRATS~~~

Here's a bonus which some of you may not be aware of. The opening FMV is accompanied by probably the most famous song from FFVIII, Liberi Fatali, or Children of Fate in Latin. Given what happens in the game, this is probably a reference to Squall inadvertently placing the idea for Seed in to Edea's mind, putting himself, and countless other members of Seed - and indeed children - at the mercy of Fate in the coming generations.

The song opens and ends (and has a few alternate versions across the rest of the game emphasising the words) with the phrase;

Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec

Unlike the rest of the lyrics in the song, this is not Latin.

Spoiler

Instead, it is an anagram of 'Succession of Witches' and 'Love' - the threat to the world, and it's solution in the game. I've said before that there are many bad examples of style over substance in FF. This is not one of them, and it really is very cool when you know.

I'd still maintain that FFVIII is amongst my least favourite, but writing that all out, does actually help me appreciated it a little more. Even if there are a lot of gaps and questions that aren't answered. 

Don't ask me to do a IX one, my familiarity with the lore of that game is lacking in comparison to others. I'd love to do a Xenogears one though, as that has the best lore of any video game I've ever played, probably. 

Edited by hogso
  • Thanks 1

I dunno man. I feel like I'd need to play it through again myself, rather than reading up on it to refresh my memory...which I'd have to do as I haven't played it start to finish for a long time. Pretty sure it'd be accurate to say I've played 1, 5, 7, 8, 10, 13, 14, 15 and Tactics since I last played 9. So yeah, it's overdue. 

Latest rumours (via a twitter account which has called the announcements of a whole bunch of stuff recently) are that there will be a new Crisis Core game revealed on the FFVII Anniversary event tonight. Whether it's a remaster or remake, I guess we'll find out. Great game, but would really benefit from some QoL features, so I hope it's more of a remake than a straight remaster.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, hogso said:

Latest rumours (via a twitter account which has called the announcements of a whole bunch of stuff recently) are that there will be a new Crisis Core game revealed on the FFVII Anniversary event tonight. Whether it's a remaster or remake, I guess we'll find out. Great game, but would really benefit from some QoL features, so I hope it's more of a remake than a straight remaster.

Love Crisis Core. I was so high on FF/Kingdom Hearts when it came out, and til this day it's the only FF game I truly 100%'d/finished. I've gotten close with FFIV on the PSP too.

Well, you guys know it's not going to take much to impress me, but, that was rather more than was anticipated. 

FFVIIR on Steam tomorrow

Something about FFVII First Soldier 

FFVII Ever Crisis is looking decent 

Crisis Core remaster on every platform going

FFVIIR Rebirth aka Remake Part 2 teaser, with tentative release date of Q4 2023

Confirmation the Remakes will be a trilogy 

You can also garner enough from the details of Rebirth that they are fully committing to that Remake ending, which was so divisive. If the final game does end with Cloud and Zack teaming up to take down Jenova, I wouldn't be surprised. 

Edited by hogso

Surprise for me was that the exclusivity for remake and PS is over but still no xbox release, especially when crisis core is getting a xbox release 

Ever crisis looked like a 50/50 remake remaster of 7? So yeah I'd probably play that 

Still got to play the yuffie game, will probably push that back to next summer and do the lot

And I'm off to pre order the vinyl

Â