Stone Roses to reform

ChristchurchVillan

I went to a Versus Cancer gig a few years ago and Ian Brown and a few others closed with I am the Resurrection.

so really I have already seen them perform.

plus Ian Brown is awful singing live. Definitely an album singer.

I guess people want to go to say "I was there". don't expect any kind of in tune singing or indeed in time with the music.

If I wanted to see a technically excellent singer I'd go and see Celine Dion.

What a joke, their touring afterwards anyway, £60, plus hotel and travel and a 3rd night in the wings anyway, its exploitation....

£50 to see one of my favourite ever bands for the first time in twenty years compared to the same amount for a shit Premier League match. No comparison.

It never ceases to amaze me that a reformed band sell way more tickets and create far more buzz than they did when they were actual active in the first place.

Last time I saw them, I don't recall a mad rush for tickets at Sheffield Arena. I'm not even sure we had a problem getting tickets for Wolverhampton Civic either come to think of it.

Why now?

Or is it just touts snapping half of em up ?

Standard career move, innit?

Farewell tour --> Remastered albums --> Reunited tour --> Deluxe remastered albums --> One member dies --> Box set, book, DVD and reissue albums again, etc., etc.

Thinking about it... are there ANY major bands apart from The Beatles, who split, swore they would never re-form - and actually kept to their word?

Can't think of any offhand.

Standard career move, innit?

Farewell tour --> Remastered albums --> Reunited tour --> Deluxe remastered albums --> One member dies --> Box set, book, DVD and reissue albums again, etc., etc.

At the record company meeting

On their hands - a dead star

And oh, the plans they weave

And oh, the sickening greed

At the record company party

On their hands - a dead star

The sycophantic slags all say :

"I knew him first, and I knew him well"

Re-issue ! Re-package ! Re-package !

Re-evaluate the songs

Double-pack with a photograph

Extra Track (and a tacky badge)

:winkold:

Thinking about it... are there ANY major bands apart from The Beatles, who split, swore they would never re-form - and actually kept to their word?

No can't think of any either...... Led Zep tried but broke down eventually. Problem is its too much of a cash cow to resist.....

No can't think of any either...... Led Zep tried but broke down eventually. Problem is its too much of a cash cow to resist.....

The Clash? I think they flirted with it, but never actually did.

It never ceases to amaze me that a reformed band sell way more tickets and create far more buzz than they did when they were actual active in the first place.

Last time I saw them, I don't recall a mad rush for tickets at Sheffield Arena. I'm not even sure we had a problem getting tickets for Wolverhampton Civic either come to think of it.

Why now?

Because you have the people that were fans then and could go and want to go again, then you have the fans that were too young. On top of that you now have a large amount of new fans that have got into the Roses through word of mouth, recommendations etc or through friends and family since they split. In other words the fan base will be much bigger now.

I don't give a **** if it is just a typical money making scheme on the bands part they have been one o my favourite bands for years and I was too young to see them first time around

I've said since I was 15 that I would pay big money to see them but never thought I would get the chance.

And as someone said earlier its not actually that much more expensive than going to watch a premier league football match (minus the accommodation) so it's all **** good

Just listening to them on my iPod on the bus with a big shit eating grin on my face

As in well known terms

The Smiths

theres quite a few just cant think at moment

The Jam

To be fair, the only times they've got back together were for

Live Aid

Atlantic Records Birthday Party

And the Ahmet Ertegün tribute concert

None for money that's for sure. If they ever did reform for some proper shows then I can't think of many bands, or any in fact that would come anywhere close to that level of demand ticket wise.

Thankfully I think old Percy is strong enough to resist the dollar

Why now?

Because you have the people that were fans then and could go and want to go again, then you have the fans that were too young. On top of that you now have a large amount of new fans that have got into the Roses through word of mouth, recommendations etc or through friends and family since they split. In other words the fan base will be much bigger now.

Plus there's the fact that music scene is mostly dire at the moment, and instead of the likes of The Stone Roses and The Smiths we have shite like Muse and Coldplay filling stadiums.

As in well known terms

The Smiths

theres quite a few just cant think at moment

The Jam

The Clash.

The Clash? I think they flirted with it, but never actually did.

About to. Before tragedy struck. All agreed and everything apparently.

Â