Stone Roses to reform

ChristchurchVillan

This is what my mate put on Facebook. It made me smile...

Save money on pricey Stone Roses tickets by forcing a confused goose to honk along to early Byrds songs, whilst channelling Terry Duckworth.

This is what my mate put on Facebook. It made me smile...

Save money on pricey Stone Roses tickets by forcing a confused goose to honk along to early Byrds songs, whilst channelling Terry Duckworth.

:crylaugh::clap: :notworthy: Absolutely bang-on. Brilliant.

EDIT: And stolen for FB!

At first I was rather non-plussed about the whole idea but when you see and hear all the X factor shite floating around then even a half arsed Roses would be a Godsend.

I'm bringing back my old avatar in celebration. :clap:

Have to say I couldn't give less of a shit if I tried. Ian Brown is a talentless grubby Manc with a big divorce settlement to pay off.

They were shit at the time, 20years ain't going to make them any better.

They were shit at the time, 20years ain't going to make them any better.

I think critical analysis would suggest you were wrong. The guitarist alone, was, in fact, very very very good indeed. That you didn't llike them does not diminish their quality. From todays perspective, it might be hard to see what the fuss was about, and yes, the gross over hyping didn't help.Me, I too was meh about them, til I actually listened to the first album, properly. There are many bands who's singer cannot "conventionally" sing, indeed, the same allegations appear with regrettable frequency every decade. Indeed,you grandparents were saying the same about Frank sinatra. But the style,the groove of the Roses,fitted perfectly into that mid to late 80's. It's easy to say they sound like the Byrds, but thats lazy, from people who haven't actually really listened to much Byrds, and only know the early Dylan lyriced output.

I think they could sell out pretty much anywhere on their comeback gig. They were the band that kinda kicked the 1990s off and Liam Gallagher made a career out of pretending to be Ian Brown. They transcend generations too, I would wager that the debut album still gets played all the time in student bars.

He's not a great singer in the traditional sense and he has turned in some dire live performances over the years, but if you catch him on a good night he can get very very close to the album vocals. I've seen him live 5 times , met him once and only there was only one occasion where he wasn't up to scratch and that was the last V Festival I went to . To call him talentless is just an SGC level of absurdity. I've bought every single one of his solo albums and the man is a **** genius, regardless of whether his vocals are any good.

The thing Ian Brown has in spades in presence. He is a genuinely great front man. Seen him live more times than I care to remember, and yes, the singing can be a bit wobbly at times but that is not really the point. Its one of those things where if you get it then I dont need to explain, and if you dont then no explanation will ever be good enough.

They weren’t shit thats for sure. They were pretty good.

But I am not sure they are even the best band to come out of Greater Manchester. Maybe just below the Paris Angels and just above the Mock Turtles...

Lies. Power, corruption and lies! 8)

The thing Ian Brown has in spades in presence. He is a genuinely great front man. Seen him live more times than I care to remember, and yes, the singing can be a bit wobbly at times but that is not really the point. Its one of those things where if you get it then I dont need to explain, and if you dont then no explanation will ever be good enough.

Spot on! All the miserable bastards can do one, this is tremendous news, and I for one will be hammering the phone lines on Friday morning. Already booked my hotel room!

Â