Stone Roses to reform

ChristchurchVillan

Do It Yourself (Seahorses) >>> Second Coming >>> The Stone Roses >>> Anything else by Ian Brown.

That said, Squire's "Time Changes Everything" and "Marshall's House" are dire too.

Only saw them twice back in the day, and both times they were woeful. Ian Brown makes my hair curl whenever he opens his gob on stage.

Add to that the first album no sounds terribly feeble and dated and i've got more interest in the Steps reunion

And, whilst I can understand the other 3 needing to do it, Mani should stick with someone worthwhile like Primal Scream.

Loved the bit about 'ruling the world again' ... when did SR ever rule anywhere apart from the UK for a very brief (if at all) period ?

Just about all of Ian Brown's solo stuff has been shite, and as long as Squire remembers that being in a band is all about drowning Brown's awful singing out with a ten minute guitar solo with the amps all jacked up to 100 they'll be great.
Fixed.

I have spent half the morning thinking about the set list. :?
Mister Tambourine Man

Whole Lotta Love

Turn! Turn! Turn!

Heartbreaker

Eight Miles High

Black Dog

Chestnut Mare

Stairway to Heaven

Something by Michael Jackson

maybe ian brown's vocals aren't the best, granted. but Reni's drumming is world class. mani's bass playing stands up to the test of his peers and as Risso said (this is becomin to often now...) if John Squires remembers what made him good and not think its all guitar solos, then you'll have a great band back together.

Just about all of Ian Brown's solo stuff has been shite, and as long as Squire remembers that being in a band is all about drowning Brown's awful singing out with a ten minute guitar solo with the amps all jacked up to 100 they'll be great.
I talk shite

Fixed!

I have spent half the morning thinking about the set list. :?
Mister Tambourine Man

Whole Lotta Love

Turn! Turn! Turn!

Heartbreaker

Eight Miles High

Black Dog

Chestnut Mare

Stairway to Heaven

Something by Michael Jackson

:crylaugh:

I like it, but I discovered Jackson Pollock on the back of being a Roses fan. His painting number 5 got name checked on 'Going Down' and somehow I found myself going to the Jackson Pollock exhibition at the TATE in London because of it. Classy stuff!

Can't really see why they have achieved such a 'cult' following; I have listened to them but thought they were a bit light-weight tbh.

Much prefer 'Stone Temple Pilots' !

Anyway glad for their fans that they are re-forming but of much more musical importance is the terrible news that Westlife are to disband :D

Â