Wedding Photographer Problem!

lammy123

Hi All,

Time for some wisdom from VT! (well advice really).

I got married 3 weeks ago, just got back from Honeymoon and started to review photo's from photographer. Well don't get me wrong there are some nice pictures however we asked for a few specific things that were not done! We'd discussed this with the photographers previously as we wanted them specifically for the album/storybook thing we're having!

The things that were not done where: We asked for photo's for each table from the meal! We had sent specific photo's from the venues brochure which we wanted recreating but they weren't done! We asked for photos from the day to projector slideshow for the evening which I had to request on the day and only got a few! She said to my better half she hadn't done a pre visit to the venue and it was the first time she'd been there - very un-professional! plus a few other little things which are not really important but are highlighted by the others.

So where does that leave me - To put it mildly we are both very pissed off about the omissions that we specifically asked for - if it were some other service which I'd had bad service from I'd refuse to pay/change supplier(or similar). But this is impossible in this situation (the other half already paid them and they've got all the photos). And now I have to speak to them to get the Album created and pictures need editing etc but I really need to point these bad points things out to her and still get her to do a good job with what we eventually get!

What approach would you take with this!!!

I'm not sure where you can go on pictures that you wanted that she hasn't taken...... however it does seem massively unprofessional for her not to do a pre-vist and reccy.

Best I can suggest is that you ask for a hefty discount for the bits she has failed to do for you - and impress upon her that you expect everything to be dealt with as a priority.

How about getting everyone to dress up again and re-enact the whole day, then get a good photographer to re-do the pictures.

thought about this too - but cant afford it.

I've got to say the photo's/albums they'd done before looked the business! Doesn't really make sense!!

Looks like she's done you up the wrong un :(

Seriously, a hefty discount is all you can hope for unless you have a time machine. They should know that word of mouth is important in their profession, so lopping a wedge off the bill is the least they can do. Good luck

Should have employed VT's very own Damian Brown...

Thanks man!

Should have employed VT's very own Damian Brown...

Was on the short list but You know what women are like when the see something they like!

:angry:

i'm defnitely short..

Three words...

Small Claims Court

If you've got email/written evidence that you had agreed to those requests this will definitely help if you went that route. So you'd want to keep the "photographer" sweet until you raise that :S Hopefully they accept their error and work hard to make you both happy before it got to that hassle.

Try the above, if nothing is given as discount / compensation, get some negative reviews written. If they have any website profiles / Twitter pages etc track them down.

Can be quite satisfying and could be used as your bargaining tool before writing anything about them.

I appreciate it's not going to sort out the photo issues you mentioned though. Worth speaking to all the guests to see if they have any good ones that you can use.

I'll be definitely asking for a discount - i think its just a case of when to bring up which severity of punishment.

1) Ask for discount (or throw some extras in) and work to be done as priority (forgot to say the wife had an email while we were on honeymoon suggesting we get the photo's sorted asap so we get everything back before Christmas!), Calm and Gentle - as in the end of the day they need to do the work.

2) Threat of Bad reviews,

3) Bad reviews

4) small claims court as a last resort but the only thing I have is the list of photo's we wanted when we had the meeting with her which is highly edited by hand and the email I sent her (which she acknowledged) of the specific photo's we wanted.

5) Photoshop

6) Punch in Ovaries

7) do her up the wrong 'un.

8) Time Machine

Photoshop all the faces of the attendees at your wedding onto the photos of a glamorous celebrity wedding.

Something a bit like this.

princewilliam3320.jpg

Obviously you won't be able to get it looking as good as mine, but with practise you won't know it's been shopped.

Â