Xbox One

hogso

FUT is pretty much killing the FIFA series to be fair, can't wait for next gen PES. Saying that, I find the NBA 2k series to be the best sports games available, 2k14 on next gen looks amazing.

Anybody grabbing their XONE tonight?

Edited by samjp26

Just due to the fact that EA basically own the only football game with a license has just sapped the genre into this disgusting bubble thing that can do what it wants and generate ludicrous amounts of money (so they can tear apart smaller companies and take the best developers), is just a horrible thing. The most revolting company on the market is now being found out for what it is and would be generally quite nice if Konami can change the rules a bit this generation. 

Probably not the most popular opinion on a football forum, but I don't understand football games, they've strived and strived to be simulations but left the fun behind. Games are meant to be fun, football games are just a chore, like it's just there because your mates play it and it's a bit of a laddy thing to do. The genre needs a kick up the arse and it's a shame because the absolutely unbelievable amount of people that play these games could generally be having a great time with really creative, beautifully designed games on the market that don't really get their dues. Just an opinion, of course :P

Edited by nobler

Just due to the fact that EA basically own the only football game with a license has just sapped the genre into this disgusting bubble thing that can do what it wants and generate ludicrous amounts of money (so they can tear apart smaller companies and take the best developers), is just a horrible thing. The most revolting company on the market is now being found out for what it is and would be generally quite nice if Konami can change the rules a bit this generation. 

You could make a pretty sound argument that this in itself adds to the realism of modern football.

my criticism of EA sports games at the moment would actually be that they don't get lazy and streamline the games, there are some great features on Madden that would improve FIFA (the training and scouting for example) and likewise there are some things on FIFA that would improve madden (the loading screen challenges for a start) i bet if i played NBA it would be the same

Mine was apparently delivered to No.7 at 11.50 this morning, so I'll be getting round there lively on the way home from work!

Are you getting FIFA Rob? Let me know if it's any good as I'm contemplating getting it on the PS4 and i'm sure there won't be much between the versions.

Haven't played a FIFA game since about 2004  :D

Nothing wrong with EA as a company these days IMO. 8 years ago you had a point

They are a company that doesn`t care about consumers. While that might give off profit right now, they could end up in a a bad state quick. I really despise them. The fifa franchise would be so much better if someone else was running it

Â