Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

Keogh to start ahead of Clark? neither fills with confidence but Keogh has looked iffy in friendlies.

So? They all qualify under the rules and want to play for Ireland, I don't see the issue. 

Do you have a problem with Sterling and Berahino being in the English squad? or Hargreaves, Barnes when they were playing?

Wouldn't you be annoyed if you were an Irish player and your place in the squad was taken by an Englishman?

The wise and genteel BOF (where's he gone to?) answered this Q all the way back in 2011 in this very thread:

I don't have a problem with them for the simple reason that they are only separated by one generation. Many say that being born in a stable doesn't make you a horse. If your family are recently of one nationality then you should be able to declare for that nationality. In reality, 'plastic' can go in front of any nationality.

As for Stephen Quinn, great banter  :D

So? They all qualify under the rules and want to play for Ireland, I don't see the issue. 

Do you have a problem with Sterling and Berahino being in the English squad? or Hargreaves, Barnes when they were playing?

Wouldn't you be annoyed if you were an Irish player and your place in the squad was taken by an Englishman?

Stephen Quinn even called Jack Grealish a plastic paddy when we played against Hull.

I have no problem with Sterling and Berahino. I wouldn't have taken Hargreaves or Barnes though.

McCarthy out. The Scots will have to focus all their booing on McGeady.

Don't Barnes and Sterling have pretty much the same back story though? Both were born in Kingston, Jamaica, and both moved to England at an early age (Barnes at 12, Sterling at 5). 

Yeah I basically go by their accent. Sterling has a London accent whereas Barnes has a Jamaican one. 

Also there is a big difference between 5 and 12. Sterling spent most of his childhood in England whereas Barnes mostly grew up in Jamaica.

SCOTLAND XI: Marshall, Whittaker, R.Martin, Hanley, Robertson, Maloney, Mulgrew, Brown ©, S.Fletcher, Naismith, Anya

IRELAND XI: Forde, Coleman, Keogh, O'Shea©, Ward, Hendrick, Gibson, McGeady, McLean, Long, Walters

Stephen Quinn even called Jack Grealish a plastic paddy when we played against Hull.

I have no problem with Sterling and Berahino. I wouldn't have taken Hargreaves or Barnes though.

Don't Barnes and Sterling have pretty much the same back story though? Both were born in Kingston, Jamaica, and both moved to England at an early age (Barnes at 12, Sterling at 5).

Yeah I basically go by their accent. Sterling has a London accent whereas Barnes has a Jamaican one.

Also there is a big difference between 5 and 12. Sterling spent most of his childhood in England whereas Barnes mostly grew up in Jamaica.

So it's completely arbitrary then?

So it's completely arbitrary then?

No don't be stupid. It's based on accents silly.

• Like 2

Ireland only have themselves to blame. Oneill by taking off Long and not replacing him with Keane played for the draw and Scotland fully deserved to win the game. Anyway I think Poland and Germany will definately be the top two sides.

manager should have been sacked for that, he got lucky vs Georgia and Germany but his negative tactics and long ball game have as I said when he was appointed found out at this level.

take nothing away from Scotland a very deserved win for them

manager should have been sacked for that, he got lucky vs Georgia and Germany but his negative tactics and long ball game have as I said when he was appointed found out at this level.

take nothing away from Scotland a very deserved win for them

Lambert thread is in the Villa talk section mate.

• Like 1

was only short of moving Coleman to left back and Hendrick to right back. think his deployment of Coleman is horrid, arguably the best attacking right back in Premier League yet he wouldnt let him cross the halfway line

dont even get me started on Stephen Ward

• Like 2

Â