Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

Forde, Meyler, O'Shea, Wilson, Ward, McGeady, Whelan, Quinn, McClean, Keane, Walters

Neuer, Rüdiger, Hummels, Boateng, Durm, Ginter, Kroos, Bellarabi, Götze, Draxler, Müller

That's such a bad team. I guess he wasn't joking about only playing Hoolahan in home games...

Also don't understand why he's picked Whelan and Quinn again, they were poor against Georgia and that was the only time they've played together.

Edited by packoman

Some good results but at the back of my mind I have a feeling with it being an MON team you'll continue picking up good points away...but will hit a brick wall in home games. Are you capable of breaking down Scotland and Poland and win those home games, think that will be the difference between finishing 2nd and 3rd or even missing out.

Jaysus what a night, couldn't have played this game at a better time either, I really hope Whelan never starts for us again he was poison and the subs made a huge difference to the side.

Can't wait for Glasgow now, should be a cracking atmosphere with 2 sides playing with confidence

Great result and performance by the players but it papers over the crap managerial performance last night. Taking Keane off for Gibson, not starting Hoolahan and no game for Long who against a team that is vulnerable to pace

If Trappatoni had made them decisions he would have been rightfully slaughtered

Yeah but when you are a country that qualifies (briefly) for finals there is more chance to rack up caps ;)

true but you should also have a better pool of players than Shaun Wright Phillips ;)

We do, you are right we really should have let you have him ;)

• Like 1

I thought MON's team selection & tactics were alright. The only thing I could quibble with was Keane/McGeady up front, the team was pretty solid at the back and in midfield 'til Mr. Unpopular Glenn Whelan went off injured. 

Fairplay to MON for having all 3 of his subs onto the pitch by the 75th minute. I was actually cursing Wes when he fumbled a few times towards the end of the game.

Let's drink it in:

VelvetyAlienatedCaribou.gif

Yeah but when you are a country that qualifies (briefly) for finals there is more chance to rack up caps ;)

true but you should also have a better pool of players than Shaun Wright Phillips ;)

Its grand, we will take this Grealish boy instead ;)

Its grand, we will take this Grealish boy instead ;)

You had him, it is us that will be taking him ;)

• Like 1

Anyone else get their Scotland tickets today? Look to be all sold out now, Strachan v MON in Celtic Park with both teams going well, this promises to be some night, the Irish are going to take over Glasgow next month, cannot wait for this trip!

Â