Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

MON sounds like a beaten man who has gotten it wrong and is fast running out of games. At the moment he's doing a Brian Kerr, but were it not for those last minute goals, it'd be a Staunton.

I really want him to turn it around, for the sake of a trip to France next summer. That team is interesting. I know nothing about Murphy other than that he scored a good few goals this year in the championship. Would have liked to have seen him with McGoldrick

MON sounds like a beaten man who has gotten it wrong and is fast running out of games. At the moment he's doing a Brian Kerr, but were it not for those last minute goals, it'd be a Staunton.

I really want him to turn it around, for the sake of a trip to France next summer. That team is interesting. I know nothing about Murphy other than that he scored a good few goals this year in the championship. Would have liked to have seen him with McGoldrick

I think MON will finally crack the top 4 this time round ;)

Dont understand what he doesnt see in Shane Long, he is easily our best striker at the moment. Typical stubborn O'Neill and he really should be sacked

Trappatoni was slaughtered for a lot less

I agree Long should have started. He picked a player who has never scored for Ireland and has applied his trade at a lower level of football ahead of him and didn't bring Long on until 80 mins. His judgement has always been questionable. 

Always shocking even his subs are predictable for Ireland. McClean and Long always come on in competitive games and rarely anybody else(Keane was an exception today)

• 2 months later...

It might be but Ireland are not blessed with great strikers and its refreshing that players in form are called up instead of being picked on reputation

Not any different really from England calling up Vardy, Carlton Cole or Bothroyd in recent seasons

Â