Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

TBH I think we were the authors of our own misfortune with the goal. It was less about City stepping up a gear than it was about our lads suddenly forgetting how to string two passes together, so possession constantly turned over. Before the match I would have considered 0-1 a predictable HT scoreline, but considering how we got at them at the beginning it's disappointing.

turned it off already, cant be arsed with this anti football garbage

don't let a good half hour of football against one of the better teams in the league get in the way of bashing manager eh?

sorry but i just dont like the guy as a manager

he plays football the wrong way and i cant take seeing us play like this

:(

We've always been known for playing the top two teams in the league off the park away from home haven't we eh?

Disgrace that we have ceased to continue.

im past the stage of being angry and reacting to a post like yours

we have played scintillating football in all our other games this season though, i can see your point

Yes but I'd imagine that your initial dislike of our current manager comes from your displeasure that he managed our rivals. He hasn't played scintillating football obviously, but prior to today against possibly top of the table by five o'clock, he has hardly disgraced himself in that we have not lost a game.

Managers will always have to face people like you. They will never be given a chance.

it has absolutely nothing to do with who he used to manage

i was fuming at the time of his appointment because he had just relegated a team, and we finished 9th, and because he is known for playing abseil football

but i was willing to give him a chance after he said he could play good football with better players, but he hasnt and i doubt he ever will. this is mcleish and we had better get used to it (which evidently im stuggling to)

Possession, 48%

Shots, 6-5 to Man City.

Hardly been anti football has it? (I'm not even a fan of McLeish but this by it's own has been pretty good and we've kept the ball along the floor for large parts)[/quote

mate I know your not a fan of AM which is fair enough, at least your not completed blinded by your dislike and can see this is a decent performance, for that I duff l my cap to you sir. how anyone can slag this first half given the quality we are playing is staggering]

I've always been very patient with Heskey, and had a lot of time for him as a player.

But I've barely seen him today and when I have, he's been jogging around at just above walking pace, not looking interested in any way. The only positive off him so far has been that header. Which was badly off target.

Great commitment by DeJong and Delph. Don't see players go in like that and make no fuss afterwards anymore. Bit of karma for THAT "tackle" in the World Cup aswell.

Possession, 48%

Shots, 6-5 to Man City.

Hardly been anti football has it? (I'm not even a fan of McLeish but this by it's own has been pretty good and we've kept the ball along the floor for large parts)

Helps when Collins isn't booting it 50 yards.

Considering who we are playing, having half the possession and for 1/2 the game, looking the brighter team, it's not bad.

I was expecting complete domination on all counts considering we are playing one of the best sides in the league.

Should take Delph off for Bannan at HT though.

i missed the first 9 minutes, i presume it was all us then? because since then we have reached their area 2 times, once we managed somehow to pass it all the way back to given and the other was from a free kick which heskey facing away from the ball let it hit his fat head and go well wide.

they have had close to 70% of the ball and 95% attacking compaired to us.

heskey is a waste of 1 player and at the moment delph is a waste of another as when he gets it he is looking to pass it backwards rather than give it away every bloody time.

take heskey off who is a complete waste of space with bent and gabby on and take delph off

pack the midfield and get a tracker to take on whoever is the breaking midfielder

ireland to be told to release it forwards on the ground and quickly to take advantage of gabby and gives bent time to get in the box.

So you're moaning about the football and then saying we need to pack the midfield and be more defensive?

Right ..

They have had not had 70% of the ball as all websites will who do proper statistics for the game will show.

I have nothing against Mcleish, he's done ok with little backing, and I missed the first 20 min, but must disagree with those who say we are doing ok ?

We are awful. So what that it is Man City ? Anyone see Norwich at Man U the other week, and other examples this year ? I've seen 3rd Division Teams compete better at big Clubs in the Cup.

Where is our movement, running off the ball, closing down ? Even if we can't pick a pass - which we are woefully unable to do at the moment - we should be doing those things. City look off the boil - although obviously always a threat - and we are allowing them to get by.

Very Poor, like the players have the 'it's Man City' approach of too many on here.

Hopefully Mcleish wants, and can get, a reaction like he did at QPR.

We need to take a fight to them.

(Oh, and although I have no problem wit hthe guy generally, what on earth is Heskey doing ?)

A rocket from Mcleish and a sneaked win or good Draw. More of this and 3/4-0.

Delph is killing all our attacks. He turns it over almost everytime he gets the ball. We need Bannan. Our movement was really good for around 20 minutes, then we just stopped playing. It was an unlucky goal to concede but they deserved it. Now might as well push for a goal.

I've always been very patient with Heskey, and had a lot of time for him as a player.

But I've barely seen him today and when I have, he's been jogging around at just above walking pace, not looking interested in any way. The only positive off him so far has been that header. Which was badly off target.

Great commitment by DeJong and Delph. Don't see players go in like that and make no fuss afterwards anymore. Bit of karma for THAT "tackle" in the World Cup aswell.

Heskey had a stinker. Agreed about de Jong and Delph. Gained respect for de Jong after that!

Need to get Bannan, Nzog or Albrighton on soon and go for it!

I have nothing against Mcleish, he's done ok with little backing, and I missed the first 20 min, but must disagree with those who say we are doing ok ?

We are awful. So what that it is Man City ? Anyone see Norwich at Man U the other week, and other examples this year ? I've seen 3rd Division Teams compete better at big Clubs in the Cup.

Well to be honest, the first 20 minutes, we were the better team and had the best chances ...we've been the worse team last 25 minutes of the half but given who we are playing, over a 45 minute spell, we've had around 45-50% of the half, it's not a disgrace.

Most will struggle for that!