The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

He can't be in the home dugout at Villa Park at the beginning of next season. You're going to have a situation there where the fans and the club are completely at odds with each other. He was booed when he came out of the tunnel before the Spurs game. He deserved it obviously, but it shouldn't have come to this in the first place.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was booed when he came out of the tunnel before the Spurs game

He was also applauded by quite a few.

I worry that a lot of fans will just accept it over the summer, especially if Lerner spends some money.

I refuse to believe this. I just can't. I was over in the North Stand and all I heard were boos. I just don't believe that people would actually clap him.

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish: "It was an absolutely shocking, woeful display. Maybe some of the boys were thinking about their holidays already.

"That team needs a change and there will be change. That wasn't an Alex McLeish team today. We need to bring more quality into the squad.

"I take (the fans' booing) on my shoulders for the sake of the players, I agree with the fans' frustration about our display.

"I'm expecting the board to back me. I have no reason to think I won't be (Villa manager next season). We've got through a really tough season. I've won lots of trophies as a player and manager and I haven't turned into a bad manager overnight."

BBC Sport page.

Un. ****. Believable.

What **** planet is he on? The players didn't perform because they are as sick of the useless clown as we are. That was their way of saying "Mr Lerner, please sack this idiot because he has no idea and we don't want to play for him".

That wasn't a McLeish team? **** me, that was very much a McLeish team! One devoid of any ideas and ultimately lost!

Just got back from the game, the performance of the team managed to dampen the party atmosphere. In a season of lows we plummeted to a new depth today, had to endure Norwich fans singing "you should've gone down" but at least they supported the 19th minute applause for Stan and cheered the shoes off protest.

Never thought we'd end the season below Wigan.

Just want this nightmare to end.

Â