The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before and I'll say it again........

However good the management and ownership of a company are - if the employees of that company simply won't pull their weight, then

the company performance suffers.

I'm glad I've maintained a modicum of sympathy for McLeish all season. He might not be the best motivator of these bunch of employees

of AVFC. It makes me angry that many of our present employees couldn't give a hoot about results and they've been sheltered from the firing

line by having such an unpopular manager, who is a thoroughly decent and genuine man.

I wonder how many of the protestors have an inkling of what's been going on behind the scenes at BMH. Maybe their hatred might

be aimed at a slightly different angle tomorrow before the game.

im glad most of us have been vocal and not tried to pretend this shower of shit ginger pockmarked nasty person from ooop north is anything other than total shit at the job in hand

making up excuses for a shit manager seems really odd?

it isnt as if it is a contensious issue or open to debate, he has been utter utter w@nk and proved to be one of the worst ever managers in our history

so why do certain members still pretend he is not shit?

very very wierd

get that cowardly lying ginger shit stinker out of my club ( the manager AND faulkner)

Yeah I watched Gillette Soccer Saturday.

Can somebody clarify, is Merson back on the sauce ? He was banging on and on about wolves being a big club on the basis that his brother had a wolves shirt when he was 8

I joined Merse in he company of about 100 other people on Thursday evening and he wasn't drinking any alcohol.

And I think that Wolves are a big club as well!

Well I quite frequently see him in a pub in Sutton with a pint in his hand.

Yeah I watched Gillette Soccer Saturday.

Can somebody clarify, is Merson back on the sauce ? He was banging on and on about wolves being a big club on the basis that his brother had a wolves shirt when he was 8

I joined Merse in he company of about 100 other people on Thursday evening and he wasn't drinking any alcohol.

And I think that Wolves are a big club as well!

Well I quite frequently see him in a pub in Sutton with a pint in his hand.

I avoid Apres and the Greenhouse like the plague....

...too old for the former and too ordinary for the latter

im glad most of us have been vocal and not tried to pretend this shower of shit ginger pockmarked nasty person from ooop north is anything other than total shit at the job in hand

making up excuses for a shit manager seems really odd?

it isnt as if it is a contensious issue or open to debate, he has been utter utter w@nk and proved to be one of the worst ever managers in our history

so why do certain members still pretend he is not shit?

very very wierd

get that cowardly lying ginger shit stinker out of my club ( the manager AND faulkner)

Well thank you for that well reasoned contribution. I suppose next up is a debate on the compulsory wearing of "sportswear" and Lizzie Duke jewellery.

While Charlie Nic was talking about us i didn't hear any comment from Merse concerning Coker.

When did Merse speak about Coker and what did he say?

Spoke of him last week and then later on in the program today... pretty much said that we were stupid to let him go and he was a big player for us. I do agree we could do with him now, but he was never worth the wages he wanted.

:thumb:

2 little things ive noticed recently that make me think mcliesh is due to leave. 1 he no longer talks about the summer rebuild and what happened to kello we was supposed to be signing him ages ago. I reckon everythings on hold till end of season and amc will leave. Hooray!!

Julie you said "However good the management and ownership of a company are - if the employees of that company simply won't pull their weight, then the company performance suffers. "

Can't disagree but the role of management is to motivate and get your team to perform or change it. It's what you sign up to.

2 little things ive noticed recently that make me think mcliesh is due to leave. 1 he no longer talks about the summer rebuild and what happened to kello we was supposed to be signing him ages ago. I reckon everythings on hold till end of season and amc will leave. Hooray!!
I reckon everything is on hold until the end of the season but I don't think he's definitely leaving. I think Lerner will give him a chance to sweet talk his way back into the job. This is what worries me. Now personally I find McLeish incredibly uncharismatic but Lerner clearly doesn't or he wouldn't have hired him.

i'm not convinced anything will change whetther he leaves or not.

If he doesnt leave he'll sign more shit players and we'll continue to play complete anti football

if he leaves, i dont think anyone will want the job - certainly noone who could do anything better anyway.

Either way unless something monumental changes in the summer we're going down next season, if not this one

Everything points to him going.

But this time last year there was nothing to suggest that we would hire a twice relegated ex blues manager. I don't think anything has been decided - and there will be the review mid may, where I believe Mcleish will be offered the chance to state his case. Heres the rub though - I don't think Alex will want to stay - but he will box a bit clever, because he won't walk away for nothing, equally and quite rightly Lerner won't want to pay up his contract in full.

All being well, we have got out of jail this year - but it won't keep happening. What I hope lerner will bear in mind is the feasible scenario that we loose our first two games next season - where on earth would we be then ?

I just can't see how this would be allowed to continue. It's obvious it's not working so why drag it out until it is totally beyond repair? We can have another transition period but this time hopefully it will work out - if we get someone decent in to manage the team and build throughout the Summer Window.

If McLeish stays we will probably be relegated next season. He doesnt have what it takes to manage at such a high level in the premier league. Quite why Lerner appointed him we'll never know. It feels as though he is punishing us somehow. We'll, nutsacks to that - I havnt spent a penny on Aston Villa since January, and I will continue not to spend until someone else is brought in to get us where we belong....

I like the advert.

It's a small dig at Lerner and i think after the last two years it's needed.

And, if taken as the views of a large proportion of our support, which it will be to support media stories, pretty much confirmation that Villa supporters were never prepared to give the man a chance.

Nice one!

I'm with TT on this.

If we have a load of senior players who couldn't give a stuff about the club - and you were the owner of AVFC. I think after the money MON spent on many of them, I'd be a bit reluctant to spend much more until I knew the ring leaders were gone.

We do have many young talented players coming through the ranks but they need to be supplemented with additions who actually care about the club.

I think perhaps we might look to the Scandinavian market particularly Norwegian players to supplement Academy graduates. I have a friend in the City who used to live in a flat above Hangeland of Fulham. He is a very intelligent guy apparently and he can't bear all the WAG culture that comes with the PL and many of the English players. Apparently he said that it's just disgusting to see that reserve team players arrive in Chauffeur driven cars for training at teams like Manchester City as they're so overpaid, whilst most of the clubs are basically bankrupt.

He also said in Norway players are brought through the ranks with more discipline and they appreciate success more. All of them are made to continue with their education as well as football, because it is drummed into them that they could break a leg or something & their career could be over. Yes John Carew would be an example of playboy and I'm sure there's others but we've bought English players in the main and tried to buck the foreigh trend and look where it's got us?

Julie you said "However good the management and ownership of a company are - if the employees of that company simply won't pull their weight, then the company performance suffers. "

Can't disagree but the role of management is to motivate and get your team to perform or change it. It's what you sign up to.

I also said for the record on many occasions - as decent a guy as Mcleish is - he lacks the skills to be a man motivator.

MON WAS/IS a good motivator but I think even he struggled with some of our dressing room, which in the main he spent Lerner's Millions on. I think this may have played some part in him walking out also.

We need James Milner back if possible. We've missed him more than anyone IMHO. He's hardly played at City and if he gets a PL medal this season, maybe we could tempt him back.

Ah, James Milner was freaking brilliant for us. Just look how we played in the first game of last season... We won 3-0 against west ham and looked decent... He then left, everything went to shit.... Not saying we were a one man team, but... He was quality and we miss him.

I would choose him over Young,Downing and Barry without doubt....

Â