The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really believe that the majority of fans don't want McLeish gone. I've yet to meet a Villa fan that wants him to stay.

Totally agree have yet to speak to any supporter who wants him to stay.

Big problerm! Lerner and the board will never know this.

Well if I were AMC and I knew I was losing Downing and Young the first thing i'd say to Randy before taking the job is that "I will lower the wage bill and lose quality players as long as you give me time to get my own players" ......... This summer I can only imagine there's going to be a huge overhaul in the squad. AMC will have a chance to bring in his own players and Randy will give him the opportunity to do that. If we're still in a relegation battle by Xmas next season then he will be gone IMO.

Whilst I think our squad are capable of a higher position then where are at the minute, I don't think our squad is very good at all. In a way McLeish deserves the chance to get in his own players and then try it.... but i'd rather he didn't. :D

don't forget when we were fielding, Bent, Dunne, Petrov, the results weren't great.

I think until around a month ago Mcleish may have got another season (but i don't agree he was getting funds). The failure of the £300 season ticket offer - and the closeness of the relegation zone have changed all that.

I get the feeling the penny has dropped with the board hence the desperate ringing around current and former season ticket holders. I think it's a ploy to gauge the feeling and for that reason McLeish is a dead man walking.

I think we will survive by the skin of our teeth. If we can pick up 4 points in the next 2 games then it means we can vent our fury at the manager and board safe in the knowledge we will be in the premiership next season.

How about a Spanish style 'white hanky' protest?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkerchief

In Spanish football, it is a common sight to see supporters waving white handkerchiefs as an expression of deep emotion, both positive in admiration of an exceptional performance by their team or a particular player (even an opposition player as was experienced by Ronaldinho during a victory for FC Barcelona over Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, in which Madrid fans openly applauded his performance), or more commonly negatively in disgust at an especially bad performance by their team.

The White hanky waving is the best way to show you want the Manager out and it is very visually effective but can't somehow see our supporters all taking a hanky to the game.

A piece of bog roll covered in shit would be an even better way of showing disapproval.

Protesting is pointless. We protested when he was appointed and it meant nothing. It just makes a club look small-time and the fans look ridiculous.

As others have said staying away is the only way to really protest. I will be at the Bolton game on Tuesday supporting the players but still giving shit to McLeish whenever possible.

'Protesting is pointless'.

'Staying away is the only way to really protest'.

'I will be at the Bolton game on Tuesday'.

Are these contradictory statements or am I missing something?

I don't really believe that the majority of fans don't want McLeish gone. I've yet to meet a Villa fan that wants him to stay.

Totally agree have yet to speak to any supporter who wants him to stay.

Well I want to him to stay..................

.................away from Villa Park, the farther the fuggin better!!

I reckon McLeish is in a win-win situation at Villa Park. He won't get sacked even if we finish 17th. Next season all he'll then need to do is improve on that (say by finishing 14th) and the idiots we've got in charge will be smug and claim that he's made 'progress'.

and if he is sacked he was never given a chance and not wanted for his sha connections :P

The White hanky waving is the best way to show you want the Manager out and it is very visually effective but can't somehow see our supporters all taking a hanky to the game.

Maybe we can wave pie wrappers? ;)

Â