The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Thankfully, my decision not to renew coincided with MON leaving, so i've missed all this rubbish.

Just to update you.

It's not much different.

The football is a different kind of rubbish. Trying to pass (badly) over using Dunne and Collins just to hit long balls all of the time.

McLeish probably thinks that he is a bit more positive, as he generally leaves one up when the opposition have a corner at VP.

The messiah managed to get them to win ugly at VP occasionally. AM can't even achieve that.

If you managed to endure the O'Neill dirge by renewing all of the time, then I take my hat off to you.

I cry for our football club. If only a footballing manager had been hired in 2006, with all of the investment that was available.

But that was not to be, and we are where we are. The only thing that we can pray for is that the next one is a footballing manager.

:yawn:

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully, my decision not to renew coincided with MON leaving, so i've missed all this rubbish.

But that was not to be, and we are where we are. The only thing that we can pray for is that the next one is a footballing manager.

Fingers crossed, although the only two managers he's had to appoint, have been a disaster, third lucky then?

Fingers crossed, although the only two managers he's had to appoint, have been a disaster, third lucky then?

Three, he appointed O'Neill (but he didn't fire him :winkold: )

Fuckner is a good business man, a numbers man, you can see it in him. But as we all know it take much much more than someone who knows business to run a football club. Fuckner has to take the biggest blame for me, he has completely no idea of football, or running a football club, I doubt he's ever kicked a football. I can just imagine it now in the board room "yes Randy what a fantastic move it is to hire McLeish, make sure you pay him loads keep him here" ????????

Faulkner is a good business man, a numbers man, you can see it in him. But as we all know it take much much more than someone who knows business to run a football club. Faulkner has to take the biggest blame for me, he has completely no idea of football, or running a football club, I doubt he's ever kicked a football. I can just imagine it now in the board room "yes Randy what a fantastic move it is to hire McLeish, make sure you pay him loads keep him here" ????????

Faulkners the one closest to Mcleish - so I imagine his input will be key is Mcleish's removal.

Faulkner does attend the majority of the games - he can't have missed the non impact of Hutton and Nzogbia @ £14m

So, 36 games 34 points

385 corners and no goals

7 wins from 36 games

And the media STILL think we don't like McIdiot because he came from City !

Last but not least, where are we heading ?

Good grief, his win percentage is under 24%, and that includes 4 cup games (2 won 2 lost). His league win percentage is 20.5%!

I know we haven't lost a great deal but simply drawing all the time doesn't get you very far and if you couple that with hardly ever scoring you've got yourself a recipe for dangerously low attendances right there.

You'd be better off just not going to the games at all, you'll save yourself money, and it'll hit Lerner where it hurts, forcing him to take notice, as he doesnt seem too bothered at the moment. Why anyone would want to set foot in VP at the minute with AM in charge, i don't know, we're going no where, and the football is dire.

I'm a season ticket holder, so that would be pointless. Going to Villa park is something I look forward to every week. I don't enjoy the football we're playing, but I enjoy singing, chanting and getting behind the boys. So my way of protesting against our manager is by chanting, your way is by not coming. We have different ways of doing the same thing.

Whilst its good you still go down, i don't why you'd want to renew - we're going no where with AM in charge, we can't win games, football is dire, RL doesnt seem to be bothered, offers nice gestures of free travel every so often hoping it'll keep us quiet, but we never hear from him, half the players dont seem bothered, and its expensive.

Luckily I'm still young enough to live with my family - my dad who loves Villa and will support them till the end (the same as me) pays for my season ticket. It's something we do together, we don't get to spend much other time together as he is often working around the country and I board at school during the week. Going to Villa is our time we spend together and we both enjoy it even if the football is shite.

Good grief, his win percentage is under 24%, and that includes 4 cup games (2 won 2 lost). His league win percentage is 20.5%!

I know we haven't lost a great deal but simply drawing all the time doesn't get you very far and if you couple that with hardly ever scoring you've got yourself a recipe for dangerously low attendances right there.

It is McIdiot's attitude,he does not mind if we dont win, as long as we dont lose.That's why a draw is a good result as far as he is concerned.So next season expect to lose against the "elite" teamslose 2 or 3 other games and draw the rest. :|

What annoys me is we have the foundations to be a Top 4 side with our loss ratio. All we need to do is attack more and have strikers that take chances.. We have drawn more than anyone in the league, those are games we didn't lose but could have won.. We have drawn 15 games this season that we could have easily won had we played a little bit more attacking, that's 45 points dropped.. If I remove the 15 points from those draws and then add on the 45 from those wins we would be on 66 points or 3rd in the league. This season could have been so different as we aren't losing games we just aren't winning them either..

It is McIdiot's attitude,he does not mind if we dont win, as long as we dont lose.That's why a draw is a good result as far as he is concerned.So next season expect to lose against the "elite" teamslose 2 or 3 other games and draw the rest. :|

Oh well, at least it's a good money maker. I worked out that with the rate we draw you could make quite a bit of money by betting on draws in every game (barring against the elite teams of course).

. Faulkner has to take the biggest blame for me, he has completely no idea of football, or running a football club, I doubt he's ever kicked a football.

haha, it amazes me when people make posts like this.

So what is it that Faulkner does on a daily basis then? Also, what part exactly did Faulkner play in hiring McLeish. Who did he get advice from? Was it from Randy or was it from other "experts"? Was it even Faulkners decision to appoint McLeish? So why should Faulkner take the biggest blame?

Fact is you probably cant answer any of those questions as you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. So to say "Faulkner has to take the biggest blame" is a little bit silly, dont you think?

Faulkner is just doing the job he's asked to do AFAIK... Working with McLeish to lower the wage bill and then rebuild the squad with a tighter budget. As far as i can tell that is what he is doing. Unless you know differently?

billy mcneill mkII

Faulkner is a good business man, a numbers man, you can see it in him. But as we all know it take much much more than someone who knows business to run a football club. Faulkner has to take the biggest blame for me, he has completely no idea of football, or running a football club, I doubt he's ever kicked a football. I can just imagine it now in the board room "yes Randy what a fantastic move it is to hire McLeish, make sure you pay him loads keep him here" ????????

Faulkners the one closest to Mcleish - so I imagine his input will be key is Mcleish's removal.

Faulkner does attend the majority of the games - he can't have missed the non impact of Hutton and Nzogbia @ £14m

This is the worry why he wont be sacked. McLeish might be a useless manager but I bet he can blow Fuckners mind explaining the reason we are not performing with no blame on himself.

So, 36 games 34 points

Other way round.

I think if we keep it at more points to games played we will be ok. We need to finish on 39/40 points (or more, you never know)

There are 5 "elite" teams, Man U,Man C, Arsenal,Chelski and Liverpool.That's 10 games ( home and away ) that leaves us 28 games to get a result ! we need more than draws.

faulkner a good business man and numbers man? Really, on what planet.customer services manager for MBNA, then he let the spending of MON get way out of control especially wages. then after announcing record losses mcleish is appointed who upset the fans and we now have lower support and less revenue. mcleish is also a piss poor manager and our league places are lower meaning less prize money. I would say he is an incompetent business man and that he has little or no grasp of numbers. his customer service skills also strike me as woeful.

Â