The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, McLeish has had an easy ride at VP. Apart from a rather brief and pathetic 'Alex you're t**t' chant there was no anti McLeish feeling around the ground today, no anti McLeish chanting and no anti McLeish banners draped around.

So, if he remains at VP and continues to serve up his tripe brand of football and his pathetic excuses for not winning the fans only have themselves to blame to a degree for not making any effort to let him know what we think of him and to force him out.

i agree to an extent, there are fans dotted about who try and get songs going, i saw it today, after the "you're a tw*t" chant 2 blokes tried to get a "villa is ours" chant going

they promptly got told to sit down, be proper fans and support the team

its utter bullshit

i cant see this whole once we are safe he's having it actually happening either

Let's ship some of them dudes in from Bahrain and up the anti.

I just posted the stats in the relegation thread - 1 win in 11 home games. 8 goals in that time.

If he had 1% of dignity he'd sling his hook tonight and take Grant with him. What use is writing notes down in the 70th minute of a 6-pointer?

This club is on it's knees thanks to the ginger shit-house. He deserves everything he gets from the fans here on in.

You are all so deluded, we just had an excellent 0-0 win! Be Happy! :D

:lol: .

Gotta have a bit of a laugh in desperate times haven't we :) A little off topic, I'm currently watching Dortmund celebrate winning the league.

One day I'll see a team of Villa players that happy, One Day.

To be honest, McLeish has had an easy ride at VP. Apart from a rather brief and pathetic 'Alex you're t**t' chant there was no anti McLeish feeling around the ground today, no anti McLeish chanting and no anti McLeish banners draped around.

So, if he remains at VP and continues to serve up his tripe brand of football and his pathetic excuses for not winning the fans only have themselves to blame to a degree for not making any effort to let him know what we think of him and to force him out.

i agree to an extent, there are fans dotted about who try and get songs going, i saw it today, after the "you're a tw*t" chant 2 blokes tried to get a "villa is ours" chant going

they promptly got told to sit down, be proper fans and support the team

its utter bullshit

i cant see this whole once we are safe he's having it actually happening either

Proper fans! What fans stand by and watch their club go to ruin and do nothing about it?

The 'Proper' fans are the ones that can see the 'wood for the trees' and don't stand idly by why all around them falls apart.

I agree, he's getting a very easy ride.

Part of the problem is the fans who don't want him there aren't attending the games in protest, and consequently their voice isn't being heard. I haven't been for the last few games myself as I was fed up watching the turgid shite being served up. If I did attend I think I would be quite vocal but my money is staying in my own pocket for the time being.

My pals today got told he is doing the best he can and to give him full support by a group in front of him, was in the Trinity to be fair. They followed them out of the ground to, "ave a word", but met up with families so did'nt wanna cause any disrespect.

I would seriously like to know off any fan how they could ever support this useless Manager. Is there anyone on here that still supports McTwat!

He was brought in to do a job with limited funds yes. But not drop us down so far we are shitting relegation. He's had 20 million thats hardly limited. Any other industry he would have been sacked by now, needs to be gone at the end of season, if not its just crazy insane that they would keep him.

I agree, he's getting a very easy ride.

Part of the problem is the fans who don't want him there aren't attending the games in protest, and consequently their voice isn't being heard. I haven't been for the last few games myself as I was fed up watching the turgid shite being served up. If I did attend I think I would be quite vocal but my money is staying in my own pocket for the time being.

I agree that a lot of fans are staying away because they don't want him at VP but there were over 30.000 there today and I seriously hope that the vast majority of them don't actually want him. If they do then there is no hope with so many thick 't**ts around!

I'm 30, yes I know I do not act it ;) but I have been (must not mention what / how long) and my opinions of managers has never really been hatred by the end of their reign, I will not list them all as I think it would be hard to admit that I had "my own mind" for when they were in charge, when we are younger we sort of follow the crowd, I never hated anybody though..

Big Ron - Incredible football, the way it should be played, breath-taking, exciting, so unlucky with the final step. I never hate or hated him when at the club or after, he gave it his all and came so close.

Little - absolutely idolised the man, as much as I LOVED Atkinson's football, Little was the manager I most connected with. I was heart-broken when he left. No hatred at all - he took us as far as he could, never forget how happy he looked at Wembley and he deserved everything that day, his day.

Gregory - gave us some good days out, interesting formations (3-5-2) and an incredible unbeaten run, An amazing cup final and made me believe, we again came so close. I felt angry when he left but only with how things ended, I never hated him and never will.

Taylor 2 - the wrong man at the wrong time, made bad signings and couldn't inspire. I could not blame him for anything that happened, he made the choice to come back because he cared, his heart chose. What we could've done with an Allback moment at Sunderland today... no hatred from me.

O'Leary - a very interesting first season which showed potential, made some errors and annoyed fans by showing a complete and utter disrespect, had too much of an ego for us and left at a time when things were looking up. Bemusing reign, based on an ego rather than lies.

MON - This is hard... this guy came to be my new Little, I believed every single word from him, I was taken in by the charm and the success. I was so excited for the season to come, even with the impending sale of Milner. This guy broke my heart and let me down more than any other manager at this club. I cannot forgive but I thank him for the moments of fun.. "One Randy Lerner..." fans on the pitch Cup semi moment.. THEY MADE ME BELIEVE...

Houllier - an error, as much as you could see he WANTED us to play, it was not the right time. Anybody in their right mind could see it was not the best choice, a few games into the season where we needed a strong leader, I did not, I do not hate this man. I find it hard to accept some of his comments though. Too old fashioned.

McLeish - We told Lerner, we have seen this man set teams up to defend, we have seen the long balls, we have seen the lack of passion, we have seen him spend £25m and get relegated from a position of strength, we have seen him fall apart when his team does, we have seen his loyalty where he jumps at the chance to move to neighbours and resigns by e-mail.. and we tapped this man up.. after proclaiming we do things the right way (but that is for another argument). This man has single handedly taken us from where we could finish, to where anybody with any ounce of talent and endeavour wouldn't have us. Look at the "lesser" teams... Norwich, Swansea... even the Wigans and others who have spent less than McLeish even had THIS SEASON and have still managed to succeed in a league that is supposedly too hard and too much expectation for even Villa fans to expect?

He has lied, he has put the fans down, he has put the club down, he has put the players down, he has held grudges, he has failed to put the right team out, he has stuck by those failing, he has NOT PUT US OUT TO WIN.

The lies and excuses though, they are even worse than what DOL has said, DOL got more stick. His ambition on the pitch and lack of respect is worse than Houllier - as is his win/loss record, yet again he gets less stick.

It defies belief.

And, for the first time ever, I hate a manager with so much passion.

I'm 30, yes I know I do not act it ;) but I have been (must not mention what / how long) and my opinions of managers has never really been hatred by the end of their reign, I will not list them all as I think it would be hard to admit that I had "my own mind" for when they were in charge, when we are younger we sort of follow the crowd, I never hated anybody though..

Big Ron - Incredible football, the way it should be played, breath-taking, exciting, so unlucky with the final step. I never hate or hated him when at the club or after, he gave it his all and came so close.

Little - absolutely idolised the man, as much as I LOVED Atkinson's football, Little was the manager I most connected with. I was heart-broken when he left. No hatred at all - he took us as far as he could, never forget how happy he looked at Wembley and he deserved everything that day, his day.

Gregory - gave us some good days out, interesting formations (3-5-2) and an incredible unbeaten run, An amazing cup final and made me believe, we again came so close. I felt angry when he left but only with how things ended, I never hated him and never will.

Taylor 2 - the wrong man at the wrong time, made bad signings and couldn't inspire. I could not blame him for anything that happened, he made the choice to come back because he cared, his heart chose. What we could've done with an Allback moment at Sunderland today... no hatred from me.

O'Leary - a very interesting first season which showed potential, made some errors and annoyed fans by showing a complete and utter disrespect, had too much of an ego for us and left at a time when things were looking up. Bemusing reign, based on an ego rather than lies.

MON - This is hard... this guy came to be my new Little, I believed every single word from him, I was taken in by the charm and the success. I was so excited for the season to come, even with the impending sale of Milner. This guy broke my heart and let me down more than any other manager at this club. I cannot forgive but I thank him for the moments of fun.. "One Randy Lerner..." fans on the pitch Cup semi moment.. THEY MADE ME BELIEVE...

Houllier - an error, as much as you could see he WANTED us to play, it was not the right time. Anybody in their right mind could see it was not the best choice, a few games into the season where we needed a strong leader, I did not, I do not hate this man. I find it hard to accept some of his comments though. Too old fashioned.

McLeish - We told Lerner, we have seen this man set teams up to defend, we have seen the long balls, we have seen the lack of passion, we have seen him spend £25m and get relegated from a position of strength, we have seen him fall apart when his team does, we have seen his loyalty where he jumps at the chance to move to neighbours and resigns by e-mail.. and we tapped this man up.. after proclaiming we do things the right way (but that is for another argument). This man has single handedly taken us from where we could finish, to where anybody with any ounce of talent and endeavour wouldn't have us. Look at the "lesser" teams... Norwich, Swansea... even the Wigans and others who have spent less than McLeish even had THIS SEASON and have still managed to succeed in a league that is supposedly too hard and too much expectation for even Villa fans to expect?

He has lied, he has put the fans down, he has put the club down, he has put the players down, he has held grudges, he has failed to put the right team out, he has stuck by those failing, he has NOT PUT US OUT TO WIN.

The lies and excuses though, they are even worse than what DOL has said, DOL got more stick. His ambition on the pitch and lack of respect is worse than Houllier - as is his win/loss record, yet again he gets less stick.

It defies belief.

Amen.

It defies belief.

Wow. I'm also 30 and it's scary how you've captured how my thoughts on past Villa managers too. Well played sir.

It defies belief.

Wow. I'm also 30 and it's scary how you've captured how my thoughts on past Villa managers too. Well played sir.

I am not 30 but you have said it for me too.

I actually sit there mid week and get upset thinking about Villa its that bad. It has a huge effect on my life.

In times like that it's time to take a hiatus from the club. Maybe some will look down on me as a lesser Villa fan for this, but at the end of the season I will weigh up just what I get from Villa and decide whether to have a break.. I mean supporting Villa these days gets me so angry and worked up that it's just not healthy.. So yeah I'm certainly contemplating taking a step back, I'll still watch match of the day and check the scores but I may not live the club day to day like I do now as it's just too stressful.

Â