The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been mentioned to stop a planned protest against Spurs, they might try a 30 year European Cup day.

Wouldn't that make things worse ?

Mcleish and Alan Hutton standing next to Mortimer, Withe and Shaw would make my blood boil !!!!

It's not just relegation that will cost Randy big, the longer McFucktard is here, with shit performances, low league positions and disenchanted fans, the revenue is sure to drop off.

Our only saving grace could be that Lerner realizes at some point that he is going to lose more than sacking the useless word removed would cost him!

I really don't think Lerner understand the relationship between shit football and attendance. He will find out this summer when the season ticket sales will be a disaster.

I remember congratulating the General with our attendance against Newcastle. We had 34 000 and I said it was a remarkable achievment considering the summer's transfer window and the appointment of the manager.

I think the numbers will drop significantly next season when season ticket plummet.

The cost of sacking him and replacing him is far higher than the lost revenue of the season tickets.
It might be, but as they can't afford to change the players, then changing the manager is cheaper - Chelsea last night beat Barcelona, yet under AVB they lost to the likes of us. Only difference - a change of manager.

well that will be good with only half a full stadium

dont try win us over with cheap tricks faulkner get rid of mcleish and then you can start gaining us back otherwisee am not interested in any PR stunts you have to ffer us

I really hope you are right! I'm not an optimistic as you!

Problem when youre close to a club - you analyse other factors - the chairman, personality etc. But if look at history poor perfoming managers generally get axed at the end of the season.

Pretty much a goner in my book.

We simply cannot wait til the end of the season for the simple reason that he simply doesn't have the stomach for a relegation fight. 2 relegations in 3 years says that. It's not a myth, or a fantasy but stone cold fact. He has a history of NOT being able to halt a slide, stop the rot. He simply cannot find answers.

We are in a dogfight, and yes, in theory 3 more points will probably suffice. But as with the noses last season, he simple doesn't know how to get the points when the chips are down.

Get rid. Get rid now and get someone in who'll give the players a rallying cry til the end of the season.

The cost of sacking him and replacing him is far higher than the lost revenue of the season tickets.
It might be, but as they can't afford to change the players, then changing the manager is cheaper - Chelsea last night beat Barcelona, yet under AVB they lost to the likes of us. Only difference - a change of manager.

I agree with your logic I just don't share your faith.

The cost of sacking him and replacing him is far higher than the lost revenue of the season tickets

but relegation would cost randy a hell of a lot more, so he would ahve to be an absolute fool to stick with mcleish next season.

He would have had to be an absolute fool to appoint him in the first place but we are where we are aren't we.

Did anyone else think when they got there ST pack through the post that it was weird that AM wasnt in any photos that featured in the booklet.

Very Intersting - Hardly a vote of confidence - 2 possible reasons:-

1.Hes not a selling point

2.He may not be here !

Those Hleb quotes are priceless.

"At Birmingham, the team played the long-ball game, practically bypassing midfield. To get into the game you had to play up front or linger at the back with the defenders to get hold of the ball, which more often than not flew right past me."

"The day before a game he would come onto the pitch and show us what to do: 'You stand here, the goalkeeper will give you the ball here, kick it as far as you can and don't pass to anyone nearby. And we all run."

Imagine trying to play under this clown.

"At Birmingham, the team played the long-ball game, practically bypassing midfield. To get into the game you had to play up front or linger at the back with the defenders to get hold of the ball, which more often than not flew right past me."

"The day before a game he would come onto the pitch and show us what to do: 'You stand here, the goalkeeper will give you the ball here, kick it as far as you can and don't pass to anyone nearby. And we all run."

Yeah, what a foookin idiot. Clueless tw*t.

Those players he had at Brum must have been world beaters to get to 9th in the PL playing under this clown. I mean, the consistency of performance required to do that, their highest ever PL finish, in spite of such farcically bad tactics. Those players must surely have gone onto far far bigger and better things afterwards .....

Did anyone else think when they got there ST pack through the post that it was weird that AM wasnt in any photos that featured in the booklet.

2.He may not be here !

I wasn't stating that as a vote of confidence:-) however I am pretty sure that as the managers have appeared in all the other ST packs I have received (as they are an integral part of the club) I think it shows, as you put, he isnt a good selling point.

2.He may not be here !

I think it is more of number one i'm afraid

Those players he had at Brum must have been world beaters to get to 9th in the PL playing under this clown. I mean, the consistency of performance required to do that, their highest ever PL finish, in spite of such farcically bad tactics. Those players must surely have gone onto far far bigger and better things afterwards .....

Sarcasm noted, but these were all players that he bought... so what's your point? He's a tactical mastermind who gets the best out of the shit players he buys? Somehow I don't see it.

Sarcasm duly noted, no the cluess t*** took them down. It fills you with dred that a bloke, who put his own team together then relegated it, is being aloowed to do the same at out club. Not mention some of the stats from his Rangers days, I mean who finished 3rd with Rangers.

Sarcasm noted, but these were all players that he bought... so what's your point? He's a tactical mastermind who gets the best out of the shit players he buys? Somehow I don't see it.

My Bluenose mate tells me that the unbeaten run they had was down to McLeish caving into fan pressure to play 4-4-2. Once he switched the tactics they started picking up results.

Once he went back to 4-5-1 with an isolated striker they fell apart.

Hleb's comments are quality though. McLeish and Grant are utterly clueless.

Â