The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Relegation is not the answer IMO, it never is for any football problem as far as I know. If we get relegated they won't change the manager anyway so what would it achieve apart from giving everyone a chuckle. How many people hoping for releagation have actually lived through it, I have, not good. One of the most horrifiing things I have ever had to go through, easy to say ...harder to actually live it.

My hope now is that Lerner will strip most of the MON purchases out in the summer and get in some quality to put around the kids. He is going to have to dig deep to turn it around but 5 or 6 quality players and things can turn around very quckly.

Dunnno, trying to be a little bit positive. Yes I understand we all don't want the manager but we are stuck with him.

You really think that is gonna happen ?

Randy wouldn't cut back back on wages - transfer fees - to suddenley open the cheque book again. The 40k wage limit and no new money for players stories are much more beleivable.

I think you would be able to get rid of given,dunne,warnock,ireland,gabby and get some money in. heskey,cuellar,guzan will go for free and petrov will retire.

We could make a few bosman signings from Europe and maybe make a couple of signings for cash.

I think the team needs an overhaul like this and it could be easily done. I am concerned about mcleish doing this task though as I don't trust him in the market.

If the 40k limit is true and the no money thing then we are finished, I agree with that but what is said by business and what is actually done are miles apart. MON said he would find the best possible players for AVFC, did anyone actually beeleive him ? I didn't and look at the rubbish he bought, our training ground is the equivelent of Steptoe and Son Ltd at the moment. That's past though.

If I was Lerner I would look at the kids we have and think 2-3 years down the line. Add som echeaper older players (of high quality) to bring them through and then spend big on proper long term players at that point.

The kids value and experience will go up through basci playing time + they will have the confidence of not playing with the MOPN muppet sqaud.

I am trying to think of a way out of this, we will still have the same manager so we need to pull our socks up and get back to supporting the Villa. Nobody is bigger than my club but devoting 800 + pages to him no matter what is said there is getting us nowhere. The one person you want to read it won't.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't dump the lot. Unless some gullible manager (e.g. O'Neill) comes in for the likes of Warnock, Dunne and Hutton we'll be stuck with them in the Championship.

This is the way I see it too!

I bet the likes of Dunne & Warnock never had relegation clauses put into their contracts when they joined a top 6 club so we would probably still be watching the same shit next season, albeit in a different league, where the teams we'd play will out-battle us because our gutless manager will sit back and try not to lose games.

I think that, even if he took us down, Lerner would still keep him on because of his "success" of getting Blues back up!

Not for me, get him out ASAP so that he can't damage our club any further.

We don't seem to have a decent cenre back at the club - just hope we don't buy Roger Johnson !

I think Baker will turn out to be a cracking player.

yeah and me, impressed by him again yesterday, **** up aside he played well, made 2 very good blocks vs welbeck and to be fair id rather he **** up for 1 goal vs utd in a 4-0 loss and learnt from it then did it vs sunderland or bolton next week

I think Spurs at VP, we need to make our feelings known when they come out for the lap of shame, by making it clear in numbers by booing McLeish and asking for him to be removed!

Do you think the club will hold a lap of "honour" after that final home game if we are not safe from relegation? I doubt it!

But, if we stayed up after the game at Norwich, ****, I could see the Mayor giving McLeish a civic reception and hacking the top off a Flights coach to tour around the city centre in!

Tell you what I would like to see. Maybe 30,000 A4 posters saying McCLEISH OUT! being held aloft by the fans at every home game until the end of the season. They don't even need to be fancy do they? Just a plain A4 size piece of paper with two words on it. Straight to the point.

I think Spurs at VP, we need to make our feelings known when they come out for the lap of shame, by making it clear in numbers by booing McLeish and asking for him to be removed!

Do you think the club will hold a lap of "honour" after that final home game if we are not safe from relegation? I doubt it!

But, if we stayed up after the game at Norwich, ****, I could see the Mayor giving McLeish a civic reception and hacking the top off a Flights coach to tour around the city centre in!

Tell you what I would like to see. Maybe 30,000 A4 posters saying McCLEISH OUT! being held aloft by the fans at every home game until the end of the season. They don't even need to be fancy do they? Just a plain A4 size piece of paper with two words on it. Straight to the point.

was it ajax villa's "not wanted" poster? we need a few thousand of them printed out

was it ajax villa's "not wanted" poster? we need a few thousand of them printed out

Yeah, something like that or your avatar mate :D

How about a supporters group, stand outside the the entrances to the holte and hand out A4 signs with McLeish out on them, it's a simple but straight forward strategy, we did it all those years ago with Doug and his £ pound signs.

Another bug bare for me is how little the local press want to criticise McLeish.

Relegation is not the answer IMO, it never is for any football problem as far as I know. If we get relegated they won't change the manager anyway so what would it achieve apart from giving everyone a chuckle. How many people hoping for releagation have actually lived through it, I have, not good. One of the most horrifiing things I have ever had to go through, easy to say ...harder to actually live it.

My hope now is that Lerner will strip most of the MON purchases out in the summer and get in some quality to put around the kids. He is going to have to dig deep to turn it around but 5 or 6 quality players and things can turn around very quckly.

Dunnno, trying to be a little bit positive. Yes I understand we all don't want the manager but we are stuck with him.

You really think that is gonna happen ?

Randy wouldn't cut back back on wages - transfer fees - to suddenley open the cheque book again. The 40k wage limit and no new money for players stories are much more beleivable.

I think you would be able to get rid of given,dunne,warnock,ireland,gabby and get some money in. heskey,cuellar,guzan will go for free and petrov will retire.

We could make a few bosman signings from Europe and maybe make a couple of signings for cash.

I think the team needs an overhaul like this and it could be easily done. I am concerned about mcleish doing this task though as I don't trust him in the market.

Possible fees - if indeed anybody will pay a fee:-

Warnock 1m

Ireland 2m

Cueller \ Heskey- free out of contract

Dunne 2m

Gabby 8m

So about 12m - thats if we find a buyer - and Randy releases all that cash for players. - For all his faults I can't see Mcleish getting a better striker than Gabby in - Robbie Keane perhaps.

We don't seem to have a decent cenre back at the club - just hope we don't buy Roger Johnson !

Liklehood is an influx of foreign players we haven't heard of - pretty risky IMO

Not sure about the gabby comment. there are hundreds of better strikers than gabby out there.

I fully expect and influx of foreign players in the summer. If the 40k wage limit thing is true then bent would also be out the door.

A wage cap is needed. When lerner took over i think our wage bill was about 25m and now its over 80m. that's a massive jump considering we have achieved **** all

How about a supporters group, stand outside the the entrances to the holte and hand out A4 signs with McLeish out on them, it's a simple but straight forward strategy, we did it all those years ago with Doug and his £ pound signs.

Another bug bare for me is how little the local press want to criticise McLeish.

I suppose that if the did they would be frozen out a bit?

if you follow the local rags on twitter IMO every now and then they drops hints that they arent impressed, abraham more than kendrick especially during the matches, but they are playing it safe by only using retweets and articles expressing fans opinions rather than their own, the brum mail have started doing a web page with the best fans tweets on it after every game

but theyd be crazy to bite the hand that feeds so they wont stick their own name on an opinion like that any time soon

The Mail is a joke, and Kendrick hasn't got a back bone. A recent article he did, which was suppose to be on a number of topics involving the Villa, with questions coming from fans, was a joke. The clown edited it so the first question was from someone asking him whether he was annoyed at the anti-Mcleish Brigade.

He knows how the fans feel, and knew this would annoy a lot of us, so god know why he thought it would be a good idea to the edit the piece in this way.

I agree Matt Kendrick and the birmingham mail is a poor excuse for a rag

Isn't the job of a journalist to be objective and unbiased? Its almost as if McLeish has bribed the staff of the Birmingham mail with the rediculous amounts of money he's being paid by Lerner to print this bullshit week in week out

Grow a pair please Mr Kendrick and print in black and white what is actually going on at the Villa and stop pretending everything is rosey when it clearly isn't

Its about time the incumbent we have in charge starts to get exposed in not only the local media but also the national media for the tool he really is

Or maybe "MCLEISH OUT" to save ourselves some embarrassment.

Â