The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I cant believe people want us to get relegated :shock: strange!

What we need is McTwat to go in the summer and the deadwood. We dont need to be in the fizzy pop league for that to happen.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I sometimes like to stir the pot in 'off topic', but this was quite unexpected. I thank all of you for your comments and am delighted we all feel so passionate.

As for who is a better supporter, who can say? In some ways I'm pretty good, in others I'm piss poor... a definition which would fit many of us. But whatever my failings as a Villa fan, and however crappy the team may be, believe me... I really love Aston Villa.

However, leaving the youngsters aside for a moment, and acknowledging that I do not have to suffer watching them play every week... the very worst thing I can think of is having to start afresh all over again.

I never liked Taylor and O'Leary, but I loved BFR, Little Brian, Gregory and, along with the rest of us, I was over the moon when MON arrived... but it all

ended up in the same old same old... 2 or 3 years followed by having to start all over again.

One can hardly compare us with Man Utd, but am I not right in thinking that Ferguson was seriously under threat when his team finally came good. Yet if Moyses, who everyone acclaims as a great manager, was at Villa Park, we'd have canned him long ago.

I just think it's time we did something long term and radical by going off in a wholly different direction... and I'm open to suggestions.

It's fair enough and I see what you are saying. I'd probably feel the same if we were trying to make progress.

However, this season has just been an absolute disgrace, both to watch and results wise. Our average start has meant that we have got out of a massive relegation battle, and one that we would be probably losing. Apart from Wolves, I don't think I've watched a worse team in the league this season to be honest, and most of it stems from our manager who doesn't seem to have a clue about tactics (the Swansea at home game being a classic example).

McLeish is the crux of the problem on the pitch and simply has to go, he has shown nothing here to suggest he will change his ways from small heath, and it seems the players don't give a toss either. I'd get rid now and put the backroom team (bar Grant obviously) in charge for the rest of the season, then try and rebuild from there.

Our problem off the pitch is then our owner who has got two appointments terribly wrong so far. It is alright cutting back on wages, but if you get the fundamentals wrong and appoint a poor manager then you are going to lose money paying them off. Lerner needs to shape up or sell up in the summer as if we keep employing this clown and his cronies, we are headed straight to oblivion with no quick sight of return.

What we need is McLeish to go in the summer and the deadwood. We dont need to be in the fizzy pop league for that to happen.

IMO thats exactly what we need. We couldn't clear out most of the shite in a cost-effective manner without triggering a few "relegation release clauses"

No one is going to be daft enough to buy Dunne or Collins off us are they?

What we need is McLeish to go in the summer and the deadwood. We dont need to be in the fizzy pop league for that to happen.

IMO thats exactly what we need. We couldn't clear out most of the shite in a cost-effective manner without triggering a few "relegation release clauses"

I understand your point Eames but tbh being one of the only clubs to play in every premier league season is the only honour we have left to our name...

Collins is pretty near the final year of his contract, and I think Dunne is as well. So both will probably be shipped out cheaply. Sooner the better.

Collins is pretty near the final year of his contract, and I think Dunne is as well. So both will probably be shipped out cheaply. Sooner the better.

How many players since Lerner bought the club have run their contract down and left on a Bosman rather than us selling them?

Lerner and Mcleish have made us a laughing stock, there's no pride in being a Villa support at the moment.

Agreed.

The board deserve critisism for appointing him too and if the papers are right about us having a £40,000 a week wage cap for new signings then if it isn't this year we go down it will be next season or the season after the way were going.

What a ridiculous statement that is.

If rumours are correct we are paying £67k a week on Emile.

A high weekly wage doesn't bring you anything if you are paying it to an absolute tosser.

Im 100% confident I could build a team from the PL on players earning >30k a week that would be challenging for a European place.

well why aint you a football manager then?

The board deserve critisism for appointing him too and if the papers are right about us having a £40,000 a week wage cap for new signings then if it isn't this year we go down it will be next season or the season after the way were going.

What a ridiculous statement that is.

If rumours are correct we are paying £67k a week on Emile.

A high weekly wage doesn't bring you anything if you are paying it to an absolute tosser.

Im 100% confident I could build a team from the PL on players earning >30k a week that would be challenging for a European place.

well why aint you a football manager then?

I don't look very good in a 3/4 length sheepskin lined donkey jacket.

:thumb:

That and that pesky lack of a Uefa Pro Licence.

i dont care how much i dislike mcliesh there is no way on earth i want us to go down, even if that meant him getting sacked

i am proud that we are one of the only 7 clubs never to have been relegated since the premier league was formed

We shouldn't need to be either.

I can't believe Lee Dixon said on MotD2 last night that McLeish has done a decent job all things considered!

I don't know how McLeish has such hold on pundits. I actually like Lee Dixon but my respect for him plummeted after that. Fair enough I wouldn't expect him to call McLeish out for the shit job he's done on live TV but he didn't have to say he's done a decent job either.

As I said, it's because McLeish is British. That's why the pundits won't touch him.

We shouldn't need to be either.

I can't believe Lee Dixon said on MotD2 last night that McLeish has done a decent job all things considered!

Maybe Lee Dixon was considering McLeish to be a shite manager, and though,t for a shite manager, to actually not be in the relegation zone is quite decent. :-).

Relegation is not the answer IMO, it never is for any football problem as far as I know. If we get relegated they won't change the manager anyway so what would it achieve apart from giving everyone a chuckle. How many people hoping for releagation have actually lived through it, I have, not good. One of the most horrifiing things I have ever had to go through, easy to say ...harder to actually live it.

My hope now is that Lerner will strip most of the MON purchases out in the summer and get in some quality to put around the kids. He is going to have to dig deep to turn it around but 5 or 6 quality players and things can turn around very quckly.

Dunnno, trying to be a little bit positive. Yes I understand we all don't want the manager but we are stuck with him.

Relegation is not the answer IMO, it never is for any football problem as far as I know. If we get relegated they won't change the manager anyway so what would it achieve apart from giving everyone a chuckle. How many people hoping for releagation have actually lived through it, I have, not good. One of the most horrifiing things I have ever had to go through, easy to say ...harder to actually live it.

My hope now is that Lerner will strip most of the MON purchases out in the summer and get in some quality to put around the kids. He is going to have to dig deep to turn it around but 5 or 6 quality players and things can turn around very quckly.

Dunnno, trying to be a little bit positive. Yes I understand we all don't want the manager but we are stuck with him.

You really think that is gonna happen ?

Randy wouldn't cut back back on wages - transfer fees - to suddenley open the cheque book again. The 40k wage limit and no new money for players stories are much more beleivable.

How sad its now got to the point where a clubs own supporters want their side to get relegated just so they can get rid of the clown in charge
OK, there's the 64 Dollar question (maybe worth a poll?)

I know what we REALLY want is survival AND a new manager. But let's say that's not an option. If you HAVE to choose, which would you prefer?

(A) Relegation and a new manager (for the sake of argument, somebody you approve of)

OR

(B) Survival, but AMcL stays in charge

???

Â