The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a big name to control and motivate the players. Its obvious some players think they are bigger than Mcleish, same happened with Houllier. There would be no chance in the world McLeish could control a team like man City or Chelsea for example.

Rodgers or Lambert have quality and I may try but I doubt they could control the likes of Collins, Dunn, Nzog.

Totally agree , people keep saying lambert or rodgers to take us to another level , but if they ain't got money , would they have done better than mcleish ?

Yes. Yes they would.

No, no they wouldn't

They most likely would. You rarely see them setting out for draws (read: losses, as that is the outcome of such a mentality). That in itself could have won us a fair few more points than we currently have. For all the good things McLeish does (ie: blood youngsters...that's really all I can think of :lol:), he gets the most fundamental thing wrong which is sending out his team to try to win a game of football and not fear the opposition.

Yeah and right now if you set our side up to attack we'd lose every game 4-0.. We don't have the strength at the back, nor the strength in the middle to attack. Teams like Swansea they attack because in the worst case scenario they just go back to the Championship, they have nothing to lose.. Blackpool did the same and for every good win, they got smashed twice as badly. We don't have the quality to attack right now, teams like Swansea don't have the quality either but what they do have is youthful spirit something we lacked until two games ago..

No, but I'm not having it that Martinez, Rodgers or Lambert have done anywhere near enough to warrant getting the Villa job

We are a worth much more than that

Stop dumbing the club down

I can understand your objections to Martinez, but what about Rodgers and Lambert? The latter in particular has done a fantastic job at Norwich. That's undeniable. Coincidentally both Rodgers' and Lambert's teams are above us despite having less resources and arguably weaker squads.

What exactly do you mean by "we're worth more than that" and "dumbing the club down"? I get the impression you're again Rodgers and Lambert purely because they're not big name managers.

We need a big name to control and motivate the players. Its obvious some players think they are bigger than Mcleish, same happened with Houllier. There would be no chance in the world McLeish could control a team like man City or Chelsea for example.

Rodgers or Lambert have quality and I may try but I doubt they could control the likes of Collins, Dunn, Nzog.

There should be no excuses. These players get paid big money and they owe it to the fans to perform. This half arsed attitude shown by some of the seniors is a big part of our problem. They need to be moved on before we can go forward, i dont care who the manager is they need to go

No doesn't have to be a big name, Sam Allardyce is a big name, wouldn't want him or Kenny Dalglish another big name

No, what I want is a manager with a track record of success at the highest level

Once we've straightened the books out we should appoint a top class manager and start all over again

I think it's called hapless endeavour

Norwich & Swansea will both be relegated next season

I guess we should all go to the bookies, you seem so sure. And what about the 3 promoted teams, and the teams 3 currently near the bottom who will survive this season. Remember only 3 sides go down.

Totally agree , people keep saying lambert or rodgers to take us to another level , but if they ain't got money , would they have done better than mcleish ?

Yes. Yes they would.

No, no they wouldn't

They most likely would. You rarely see them setting out for draws (read: losses, as that is the outcome of such a mentality). That in itself could have won us a fair few more points than we currently have. For all the good things McLeish does (ie: blood youngsters...that's really all I can think of :lol:), he gets the most fundamental thing wrong which is sending out his team to try to win a game of football and not fear the opposition.

Yeah and right now if you set our side up to attack we'd lose every game 4-0.. We don't have the strength at the back, nor the strength in the middle to attack. Teams like Swansea they attack because in the worst case scenario they just go back to the Championship, they have nothing to lose.. Blackpool did the same and for every good win, they got smashed twice as badly. We don't have the quality to attack right now, teams like Swansea don't have the quality either but what they do have is youthful spirit something we lacked until two games ago..

I'm not saying go on an all out attack for 100% of every single game. But we should be more than capable of hurting teams with the players we have at our disposal. Besides our defence is better than that of Norwich and on Swansea's, in fact aren't Swansea interested in James Collins?

Am I saying that our players our world beaters and that the next manager will suddenly help them realize their awesome potential (like Stu is making out)? No. But they are capable of far more than 15th and in danger of relegation.

There should be no excuses. These players get paid big money and they owe it to the fans to perform. This half arsed attitude shown by some of the seniors is a big part of our problem. They need to be moved on before we can go forward, i dont care who the manager is they need to go

You also have to consider there are a lot of players that would still very much love to play for a team like Aston Villa. Just because McLeish may sign a player typical of him doesn't mean they will be worse. If they arrive and they play with passion and pride especially if they are now playing for a bigger club than they came from, we will be playing better football and winning more games as a result.

Player quality to me isn't set in stone just because they are deemed crap at one club does not mean they will be crap at ours, the same is very much true the other way round just because they are good doesn't mean they will be here.. The best we can hope for is whoever we bring in no matter who they are, is that they perform to their best while here. If they give that then they are already better players than 70% of the players we have.

We had plenty of shots / corners v Chelsea

And wasn't it about 20 shots on target v Fulham ? The fulham who incidentally won 3-0 at Bolton yesterday

All this with an injury ravaged team

You also have to consider there are a lot of players that would still very much love to play for a team like Aston Villa. Just because McLeish may sign a player typical of him doesn't mean they will be worse. If they arrive and they play with passion and pride especially if they are now playing for a bigger club than they came from, we will be playing better football and winning more games as a result.

Player quality to me isn't set in stone just because they are deemed crap at one club does not mean they will be crap at ours, the same is very much true the other way round just because they are good doesn't mean they will be here.. The best we can hope for is whoever we bring in no matter who they are, is that they perform to their best while here. If they give that then they are already better players than 70% of the players we have.

This is something ive alluded to in the past. Our transfer policy is all wrong. Instead of signing up and coming players who are hungry for success and make a name for themselves we sign over the hill shyte who have no real interest in being here. Havent both Ireland and Warnock said they would rather not be here (or something similar)? Im sure the likes of Collins and maybe even Bent couldnt give a toss either way. This attitude then permeates through the squad and its just counter productive.

I think a big part of Swanseas and Norwichs' success is down to their players wanting it more. Who would have wanted us to sign nathan dyer at the start of the season? You would have been laughed off these message boards if you did, such is the small mindedness of some people. I rate Snodgrass at leeds, think he would be a great addition. But i got pelters on here when i suggested it. No doubt in my mind that he will play in he prem one day and be a good player

In reality we need a manager with a proven track record of success. McLeish has not, what ever Lerner and the board say they were wrong. Houllier was a little out of touch being out the game for so long. O'Neil was proof it works, but a little control on the finances could have seen us still up there near the big boys.

Tin hat time... but just trying to be a wee bit positive...

Finally seen some passion out of the team the last two games from young lads who obviously are proud to wear the claret & blue.

If we've kicked McLeish for the performances on the pitch all sason...then we have to surely give him a bit of credit for getting the youngsters playing with a bit of grit and belief.

I've said before many of the senior players in our squad were abandoned by MON who walked out on a dressing room he'd supposedly lost, did nothing under Kevin MacDonald. Looked anything but committed under Gerard Houlier whilst making out Gary McAllister was THE problem. Made Gordon Cowans practically refuse to work with them....and now has McLeish behind closed doors bemoaning the lack of team spirit.

Someone posted yesterday that we need MON back and he'd get the best out of this lot and keep us up. Sorry that doesn't wash with me MON walked out on a squad of players who in the main he'd assembled expensively whilst casting aside home grown talent.

McLeish to his credit has not in the main moaned he's remained dignified and respectful and just got on with the hand he was dealt.

Yes, let's give him some credit for picking the youngsters because he surely would have picked them if he had Dunne, Cuellar, Petrov, N'Zogbia and Bent available to him wouldn't he!

The youngsters showed some passion because that is their nature and they haven't been subjected to McLeish long enough to have it knocked out of them yet.

McLeish deserves no credit for playing the players available to him due to injuries/ill health.

Yes, let's give him some credit for picking the youngsters because he surely would have picked them if he had Dunne, Cuellar, Petrov, N'Zogbia and Bent available to him wouldn't he!

Well said.

People seem to just blindly try and support this manager. I still believe some fans can't turn against Lerner for what ever reason.

Finally seen some passion out of the team the last two games from young lads who obviously are proud to wear the claret & blue.

If we've kicked McLeish for the performances on the pitch all sason...then we have to surely give him a bit of credit for getting the youngsters playing with a bit of grit and belief.

I've said before many of the senior players in our squad were abandoned by MON who walked out on a dressing room he'd supposedly lost, did nothing under Kevin MacDonald. Looked anything but committed under Gerard Houlier whilst making out Gary McAllister was THE problem. Made Gordon Cowans practically refuse to work with them....and now has McLeish behind closed doors bemoaning the lack of team spirit.

Someone posted yesterday that we need MON back and he'd get the best out of this lot and keep us up. Sorry that doesn't wash with me MON walked out on a squad of players who in the main he'd assembled expensively whilst casting aside home grown talent.

McLeish to his credit has not in the main moaned he's remained dignified and respectful and just got on with the hand he was dealt.

Good post, well made point, but you'll need that tin hat round here :winkold:

McLeish to his credit has not in the main moaned he's remained dignified and respectful and just got on with the hand he was dealt

GRENAAAADE

Â