The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B) he knows that if he gets sacked he gets a huge payoff and most people not associated with the club will put it down to fans not giving him time because he is a former Blues manager and he will get another job.

That's a good point.

He's in a pretty good situation really. After getting relegated for the 2nd time in 3 years he manages to get a premiership job and a pay rise.

He has an owner with low ambitions and even if he fails to meet those low ambitions he's got excuses ready so it won't effect his reputation in the sport.

It's a disgrace that Lerner gave him a job and it's a disgrace that he still has a job.

Unfortunately because of the money paid to MON and houllier I don't see any scenario in which Mcleish is sacked.

I read some posts on a couple of other Villa forums,just out of curiosity and they both had a AMC thread,they also both have a season ticket thread.I did'nt count the number of posts or anything like that but reading them you get the impression that well over 90% of supporters want McStupid out and on the ST thread it seems that about 60% are seriously thinking about not renewing their ST"s.

So I would say that VP will be a pretty desolate place next season.

The worst thing about those post-match comments is the fact that before saturday, we had the best away record in the prem at the emirates. So not only was McCleish being defeatist, negative and an insult to our club, he was also being completely ignorant.

I honestly hope that if he's still here next season, VP is empty every week. Serves RL and PF right.

what irks me is i used to have some clue at what our best eleven was and who should be playing - and could rage at Eck for not picking the best team, but Heskey aside he seems to have turned our entire squad into clueless headless chickens.

So based on the players at the start of the season and now - how has Eck done?

Ups

Cuellar - probably just because he plays

Collins - looks better next to Cuellar

Hutton - injured now but was starting to do well

Ireland - our best player

Weimann - needs chances

Downs

Given - has started making mistakes - as well as not coming for crosses so he started as 7/8 rated player now i wouldn't give more than a 6

Gabby - isolated, clueless and sulks a lot

Albrighton - Oh dear

Heskey - even worse than last season

Gardener - such promise fading fast

Delph - looked utter garbage before his injury

Dunne - not sure Eck is responsible for his form but we look better without him

Delf - all gone wrong

Same

Warnock - part liability part awesome defender

Zog - partly mismanaged and partly frustratingly average to awesome most of the time

Herd - somewhere between solid and average

Petrov - Average - above average with smatterings of consistency, drive and guile

Bannan - Eck can't work out how to get the best from him either

Lichaj - some potential

so pretty much the players form and performance levels has got worse not better under Eck, Ireland is benefitting from playing rather than Eck's cunning man-management!

I read some posts on a couple of other Villa forums,just out of curiosity and they both had a AMC thread,they also both have a season ticket thread.I did'nt count the number of posts or anything like that but reading them you get the impression that well over 90% of supporters want McStupid out and on the ST thread it seems that about 60% are seriously thinking about not renewing their ST"s.

So I would say that VP will be a pretty desolate place next season.

I started a ST renewal thread on here a while back and last time I looked I think about 60% said they wouldn't be renewing.

I must admit, and it hurts me to say it, but I will be one of those not renewing next season. I hate seeing Villa lose or play badly full stop but I have always gone there with hope of seeing them put up a fight. I am no glory hunter, how can I be when they haven't won anything for 16 years? It's just that I cannot bring myself to go and watch my club suffer like it is under the current management. It's got that bad for me that I just don't want to watch us suffer like that again next season.

As soon as McLeish goes I will be back at Villa Park but whilst he is there, I won't be. Neither will my Dad and Brother, whom have both decided that, along with me, they cannot stomach watching us be so gutless any longer. I understand cut-backs and all that but the way McLeish gets us playing is just too terrible to carry on watching. I know people will think I am a poor fan for not sticking by the club but this feels like the only way I can protest against the current management situation and that's why we're doing this next season.

I hope the club turns it around and gets me back, regardless of who the manager is, but I cannot see McLeish doing anything to win me over, I just can't.

We dont want him as manager and he knows it.

We think heskey is a waste of space and he knows it.

Every time i look at him in our dugout it just dont look right and never will.

Im sick of hearing about the cost of sacking him , the cost of keeping him will be awfull for the team next year running out to 25000 fans , if there lucky.

Im bemused by the whole sorry episode, i really am.

Time for Lerner to grow some balls and pull the trigger

just imagine the sheer relief at getting that information.

sack him today and i will renew for next season this week.

please.

problem is if we sack now who do we get? please dont tell me you want k-mac as he is not the answer. i think we give him until end of season and pray we stay up then sack him. surely after the poathetic season we have had no-one can disagree with that decision.

a chumpionship manager at best

Time for Lerner to grow some balls and pull the trigger

just imagine the sheer relief at getting that information.

sack him today and i will renew for next season this week.

please.

I think there are thousand who would do that. I have not renewed yet and I am having a real head and heart debate over what to do. Head says no heart says yes. What I will do is wait until the last possible moment before deciding.

Thinking about the cost of getting rid of McLeish I recall he is on around £2m a year and I think he signed a three year contract so that means it would cost £4m to get rid (£2m x 2).

If you assume a season ticket is £500 that equates to 8,000 season tickets. We have lost close to that already in match attendance although admittedly those are not season tickets. Next year will be far worse so it seems to me a one off cost of £4m is a no brainer to preserve future revenue.

Lets hope the Board can do the maths too.

I must admit that to start with I thought that McStupid was just a manager that was not very good and a bit ignorant about real football.But after hearing about how he slings off at the players and the fans I have changed my opinion of him.Now I think he is an Arsehole

problem is if we sack now who do we get? please dont tell me you want k-mac as he is not the answer. i think we give him until end of season and pray we stay up then sack him. surely after the poathetic season we have had no-one can disagree with that decision.

Might as well give the job to K-Mac for the remaining games. He'd do no worse than McLeish and we're almost safe now anyway. Why prolong the suffering of Villa fans for another couple of months? Getting rid of McLeish now would give the board more time to search for a proper replacement as well.

Might as well give the job to K-Mac for the remaining games. He'd do no worse than McLeish and we're almost safe now anyway. Why prolong the suffering of Villa fans for another couple of months? Getting rid of McLeish now would give the board more time to search for a proper replacement as well.

I have to agree - give it to KMac. He knows the club inside out, knows the players and gets the reserves playing football.

I think the change in match ambition would reignite the player's desire to compete and also change the fans attitude towards the team and the season.

not for me. k mac was a disaster for us first time round. he would for me be as bad. there is no point getting rid of one bad manager with one that was bad for us previously. for me randy and faulkner should have sacked him xmas and got curbishly in for half a season

I'd take anyone over McExcuses i struggle to think of anyone that would do a worse job

That Newcastle game aside I really don't see how K-Mac could have been described as a 'disaster'. And things would probably have been a lot different if Carew scored that pen in the opening minutes.

As for Curbishley, the guy has been blatantly whoring himself out to the media since he left West Ham (almost 4 years ago) in the hope of getting a job and he still hasn't got one. If it were a straight choice between K-Mac and Curbishley, I don't think anyone in their right mind could plump for Curbishley.

Â