The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

he wont get abuse, dont you know you arent a proper fan if you give him abuse

I quite agree, a real fan would sit back and accept the terrible situation we are in rather than show their discontent!

I think he was joking.

yeah i was!

vs fulham anyone who said anything bad about mcleish was told to shut up and more than once threatened by other fans, if you shouted "**** off mcleish" it usually got the response "you **** off you're not a real fan"

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he wont get abuse, dont you know you arent a proper fan if you give him abuse

I quite agree, a real fan would sit back and accept the terrible situation we are in rather than show their discontent!

I think he was joking.

yeah i was!

vs fulham anyone who said anything bad about mcleish was told to shut up and more than once threatened by other fans, if you shouted "**** off mcleish" it usually got the response "you **** off you're not a real fan"

... I was joking too :lol:

Yet another terrible performance!! It is actually painful to watch us play.

I have tried to stay positive, and I understand that he has not had the funds to work with that MON and GH had, but clearly he cannot motivate the players.

His team selections have been completely baffling at times, and he has fallen out with senior players to the detriment of the team. His persistance to squeeze a clearly well past it Emile Heskey into our side just proves the ineptness of the man.

I like to think that I am not an unrealistic fan - I do not expect us to go to the top sides in the country and win, but I will not stand for us going there and playing like a League 2 side trying to keep the score down. It´s defeatist, and not befitting a club of our reputation and stature.

I understand that the wage situation at the club had to be addressed before we got any further into the s*** financially, so logic would have suggested that RL would at least bring in a more popular choice to keep attendances up, but to bring in the manager of our arch rivals who have just been RELEGATED was absolute madness!! It´s not like he even had a reputation for exciting football to keep the VP fans happy at home games!

The big problem for me is who RL would bring in to replace McLeish? We´re not going to get a ´big´ name, and would a young up and coming manager like Brendan Rogers or Paul Lambert want to put their head on the block to take it? RL has seemed to come across more and more as an incompetant rich boy than a shrewd business man with his running of the club in the last 2 years, I think what he does in the next 18 months is vitally important in maintaining our Premier Leage status!

I can honestly say that I feel more down as a Villa fan now than I have any time in the last 20 years, and I can see us being relegated next season with McLeish leading the way, unless RL makes the correct decision to remove him from his post.

To be fair, McLeish had a full summer and a bigger transfer fund than MON had in his first season and transfer window. (I'm ignoring the first transfer window as RL was not fully in charge.

Maloney and Young cost just under £10m, adding Petrov takes that to £15m.

GH in his first full window (again no pre season) spent £18m on Bent and £5m on Makoun.

Where-as Mr Defender signed N'Zogbia for 9.5m, Given for £3.5m and Hutton for £4m.

So a few ££ less than Houllier and a few ££ more than MON.

Why the **** does he shoehorn Heskey into the team against the likes of City and Arsenal? It's just mindbogglingly stupid and going to be incredibly unpopular. I try to have an open mind with McLeish but he just makes it so hard to give him support. Despite how crap we've been we're in a position where we won't get relegated and we might as well give the players who have a future at the club a go and gain some momentum towards the summer rebuild. But then he takes such a backward step like this. Why? We'd all be a bit more forgiving (well, not all obviously) if we got tonked in a slightly more ballsey way than this. Bollocks to him.

Disgusting performance. Can't believe I just paid £35 to sit through that gutless shit.

Yes felt sorry for the 2000 odd who made the commitment today

From what I saw the players didn't put much effort in

An Arsenal fan's comment (after the Observer's report on-line):

Worst Villa side i've seen since O'Leary took his team to Highbury. That Weimann kid looks a bit promising though, no idea why they would play Ivanhoe instead.

If they can see it, why can't the club's owner?

McLeish - "I felt we were always in the game, but their third killed us off."

ha ha ha ha holy **** you couldnt make this up.

I would normally assume that you are joking, but I can't be sure with this ginger div kid in charge!

:?

Has anyone seen his press conference?

In the last 7 PL games (21 points available) we have managed to win 1, draw 3 and lose 3 obtaining just 6 points and scoring an impressive 5 goals in total.

McLeish, you are such a wonderful manager!

Don't want to comment yet, just want to make sure he actually said that, he didn't right?

Don't want to comment yet, just want to make sure he actually said that, he didn't right?

I'm the same. Surely he can't have really said that....could he? :?

Â