The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

John, if we fail to win today, will it definitely equal our all time run of games without a home win?

Yes, and as I write it's beginning to look as though number 8 has arrived.

Eat those words. Eat them all

Are you ordering me? :shock:

Apart from which I have already expressed my wrongness ... clearly you don't read all the postings.

But one swallow doesn't make a summer, they say ...

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, if we fail to win today, will it definitely equal our all time run of games without a home win?

CI, I find you tiresome.

CI, I find you tiresome.

Seconded.

If Dunne and Bent had been fit they would have been in the starting line up today. Maybe by default a better team has been chosen.

That's exactly what I meant when I earlier said that some better things seem to be happening in spite of McLeish. :)

He was lined up to come to us and McLeish was going to replace him at Everton until Moyes changed his mind.

There is no way that McLeish would have been taken by any club other than us. No way.

He was lined up to come to us and McLeish was going to replace him at Everton until Moyes changed his mind.

There is no way that McLeish would have been taken by any club other than us. No way.

I beg to differ but it's been documented before that Moyes was in the frame to join us.

I beg to differ but it's been documented before that Moyes was in the frame to join us.

Yes, documented by the people who said McLeish wasn't in the frame.

But also backed up by the Evening Mail reporter - Randy Lerner did meet Moyes in Barbados apparently.

And he was lined up to join us apparently but Everton persuaded him to stay because of the crap they were in financially.

Not just by posters on here. Believe what you want but i have no reason to doubt the person who told me.

But also backed up by the Evening Mail reporter - Randy Lerner did meet Moyes in Barbados apparently.

And he was lined up to join us apparently but Everton persuaded him to stay because of the crap they were in financially.

Serious question, where was this documented? If this is true I don't know how Randy made the leap from Moyes to McLeish, you'd think there would have been more options in between.

Thanks for confirming my earlier post JulieB.

Maybe by default a better team has been chosen.

Whilst this is often the way ALL managers stumble across a side

I'm not sure how on earth Gabby in place of Bent will ever be considered a better team

He looks like he wants to be anywhere BUT in the box on the end of things

CI, I find you tiresome.

Seconded.

and just a little bit boring! :D

Serious question, where was this documented? If this is true I don't know how Randy made the leap from Moyes to McLeish, you'd think there would have been more options in between.

Scottish and ginger is all you need to understand mate!!!

If Dunne and Bent had been fit they would have been in the starting line up today. Maybe by default a better team has been chosen.

That's exactly what I meant when I earlier said that some better things seem to be happening in spite of McLeish. :)

To be fair to John; it would have been far worse on here, and at full time, if we hadn't scored that late goal. The fans in the ground were not happy with the first sub and McLeish got lucky that Weimann went on to get that goal.

I was calling for Weimann to come on but for either Albrighton or Petrov, who were both shite imo!

Scottish and ginger is all you need to understand mate!!!

It was a mistake by Lerner to invite a ginger to Barbados.

Credit where its due today the substitutions came off for him.

There is no doubt he will be here for next season at least so I hope he starts getting things right on a more regular basis. I can't see it though.

One thing I have noticed is that he almost seems to revel in fronting up to the fans many of whom he knows are criticising him. The abuse certainly won't drive him out and he won't quit. Quitting is not in his make up. Well not while he is on a couple of mill a year :D

Just my Pennyworth, actually thought team selection ok, got out of jail with late goal. Today it was more than clear Petrov is now at best a 45 minute player, Albrighton ain't gonna make a regular first team player. Herd was outstanding covering Petrov's failures. Hutton actually improved as the game went on. The problem is drive from midfield a quality midfielder playing with Ireland will move this club forward, while at this moment its stagnating.. 30k Villa Fans would have booed today, he got a lucky break, we didn't.... he'll still be here next season.

Â