The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Mc Leish has not addressed the defensive problem of conceeding goals from crosses and late ones at that.

What you mean the first thing he said he was going to do when he came to the football club? McLeish telling lies NEVER.....

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mc Leish has not addressed the defensive problem of conceeding goals from crosses and late ones at that.

What you mean the first thing he said he was going to do when he came to the football club? McLeish telling lies NEVER.....

I think the second thing he said was "Downing is going nowehere unless we get 50M" and the third thing was "we want to play high tempo attacking football using wingers"

Nope, I'm not buying that for a minute.

The bottom clubs are as poor as anything. We've been mind numbing all season yet still have a large gap between us and them. Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton, QPR and Wolves all failed to beat us at home. They're not going to overhaul us in a month of sundays. We're shit, there another level of shit.

I said to the people around me yesterday that we needed to kill Blackburn off in that first half whilst we had them off guard. I knew, and probably everybody else watching, that they would come out second half and have a good go at us. If they had started the game that way we would surely have lost.

The trouble with this Villa team is that they have not put two halves of decent football together this season. I think we will get 5 more points via draws against Fulham, Bolton, Stoke, Chelsea & Norwich. I think we will lose the rest. Whether that's enough to keep us up remains to be seen. However, I can't see 3 of the 5 below us beating that total as that would mean taking around 13 points from 33, which is improbable given the fact they have only taken 20-22 from their first 81!

The bottom clubs are as poor as anything. We've been mind numbing all season yet still have a large gap between us and them. Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton, QPR and Wolves all failed to beat us at home. They're not going to overhaul us in a month of sundays. We're shit, there another level of shit.

And QPR's apparent better organisation since Hughes has taken over includes picking up 2 points to our amazing 3 but also conceding 9 to our 6. Well done Sparky.

Thats your perogative, I think that it will be closer than you might think and wouldnt rule out relegation.

Given how dire we have been and how we were outplayed by both Wigan and in the second half, Blackburn in recent games I cannot see us buying another win. I think they will win games.

McLeish relegated blues with barely a whimper, no fight, no desire, no plan B. Of the four below us, three have previous experience of pulling themselves clear.

Buy what you want, but I think the facts suggest it will be close.

I said to the people around me yesterday that we needed to kill Blackburn off in that first half whilst we had them off guard. I knew, and probably everybody else watching, that they would come out second half and have a good go at us. If they had started the game that way we would surely have lost.

The trouble with this Villa team is that they have not put two halves of decent football together this season. I think we will get 5 more points via draws against Fulham, Bolton, Stoke, Chelsea & Norwich. I think we will lose the rest. Whether that's enough to keep us up remains to be seen. However, I can't see 3 of the 5 below us beating that total as that would mean taking around 13 points from 33, which is improbable given the fact they have only taken 20-22 from their first 81!

Pretty much all of this.

Its a weak argument. Wigan outplayed us but couldn't beat us and lost again yesterday making it one win at home all season. Blackburn put in twenty five minutes yesterday and still only sneaked a point. If they're not beating sides like us at home, then where are their points coming from?

Don't pretend you're playing with facts.

The main reasoning behind three wrong bloke don't sack argument is that no one else wanted the job last time and what's left now is worse.

Rijkaard was reportedly interested and Ronald Koeman made his interest know but unfortunatley as they don't have Premiership experience (good or bad) they were deemed not good enough by our laughable board.

I think McLeish is being very harsh on our front players when he says that we have to be more ruthless in front of goal. If you expect you players to take more than 50% of their chances, you're living in a fantasy world.

The more chances you create, the more goals you score. Simple fact is that we don't create enough chances week in, week out.

Yesterday was more encouraging than the previous week, for sure, but surely the half time message should have been to keep going and finish them off, not expect a reaction and try to hit them on the break?

That said, I agree that we should be safe this season, because the teams below us really are shite.

I don't know how people can say that he's the man to take us forward when every single game we have at least one half of completely abject, negative anti-football. More often than not we're like that for most of the game.

I honestly think we'll only one win more game this season (Bolton) and even that's not exactly nailed on.

There's a (very) unconfirmed rumour going around of a press conference at 09:00 Monday morning. Very unlikely, but fingers crossed.

I'd let KMac and Sid guide us through the remainder of the season in a flash

OBE - I seriously hope you're right!!!

There's a (very) unconfirmed rumour going around of a press conference at 09:00 Monday morning. Very unlikely, but fingers crossed.

Too early for a football press conference

Â