The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

My apologies if this has already been copied but I saw this on another forum and it lightens the mood a little:

Alex Mcleish meets Sir Ron of Saunders and asks him how the current Villa squad would do against the 82 European Cup winning team.

Ron replies:

'It would be close so I reckon it would be a draw.'

McLeish looks rather smug about the reply and he starts to walk away when Ron shouts after him:

'mind you, they haven't trained for 30 years!'

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the latest quotes, blaming the players and putting blame on the fans and absolving himself from any kind of blame just shows what he is all about, he is ultra defensive in his football and in his interviews

i always though we would end up with someone real shit like stuart gray, an uninspiring, untalented coach who has a collection of fifa badges, well, this red topped rough skinned scotsman makes stuart gray look like alex ferguson .

no win at blackburn = a further 3 more games with very small chance of winning another 3 points

we are running out of games, the orange folicalled fool is in very real danger of getting us relegated

at least most of the fans who were far more patient with the rusty haired fool have now started to lose their patience

so if it gets to a time when there are protests again, at least there should be far more people there backing up the protesters

if your not trying to be negative then you just havent got a clue mr mcleish.

clark will be a quality cb, however in midfield he is too slow to distribute and gets forced to pass backwards

ireland is an attcking midfielder who players just off the striker(s) that is his only position, the only position where he can show his full potential.

nzogbia stated at the start of the season he wanted to play on the right. ok its not his right to pick and choose, but thats where he played for wigan and look at how good he was there. he needs to be given a free role up top to roam. when he picks the ball up on the left he dosent seem to know what to do with it, however down the right he feints the cut ins , shows skill and looks 100% more confident.

bent isnt very good if he gets isolated and has no creativity around him.

so no you might not be trying to be negative but these players need to be used right, and your just not doing it, if you cant see this then you are most certainly not a premier league standard of manager.

so....

Given

Lihaj--Cuellar/Dunne----Clark----Warnock

----------Petrov------Gardener------------

-----------------Ireland-------------------

Nzogbia(Free Roam)--------------------

-----Bent----------Gabi--------------

Obviosuly Bent is now injured but why has this team not been played......

Let Gabi drift wide if thats what he wants, let ireland link up with gabi and nzogbia in the final third to create chances for bent.

Incorrect use of players.

And emily heskey if he has to be used is a centre forward, most certainly not a left winger and even more so a left midfielder.

Thoughts????

and would die to hear their explanation of said decision making.

Paul Faulkner, chief executive of Aston Villa, said: "We believe we have appointed the right man for the job.

"Unquestionably, Alex meets the criteria we set out at the beginning of our search which was based on proven Premier League experience, leadership, a hard-working ethic and, most importantly, a shared vision for Aston Villa.

"Alex is someone with whom we will work close and work well together.

"With our strong squad combining the necessary virtues of experience and the exciting potential of our young players, our objective is to compete as strongly as we possibly can.

"Alex's vast experience and proven abilities demonstrate clearly that he is a strong leader and an ambitious man and we are looking forward very much to the exciting new season about to start."

Right, but I'm actually wanting them to have to address my particular assessment beyond giving what amounts to a press release. It'll never happen, but one can dream.

The thing I keep coming back to is this: How out of touch with reality could those who appointed him be? Surely they must have thought, the ONLY way for this AM experiment to work is for him to get results in short order. They HAD to know that he would not be well-received, that he would be on a desperately short leash, and that, unless he got results quickly, the whole of the Villa fanbase would turn on him.

Knowing that, they would have to ask: is this man capable (with the resources, or lack of resources given him) of doing that? His past record suggests not.

Knowing that, they went ahead and paid off SHA, and gave him a THREE YEAR contract.

I don't care what you think of AM, that is some SHOCKING decision making there.

I am desperate to hear what the board are thinking now, and would die to hear their explanation of said decision making.

You have the same thoughts as me but they're too much like commonsense for the board to understand, mate.

Your duty, it seems, is to go and get behind the team no matter what decisions they make and the playing tactics that are used.

Reminds me of "Into the Valley of Death rode the 600..."

Reminds me of "Into the Valley of Death rode the 600..."

I prefer a slight twist of the famous words of Winston Churchill to now read:

'Never has so much been owed by so few to so many'.

As I believe the Villa management and players owe us fans big time!

Lets see if he's still doing a reasonable job when we lose to Blackburn tomorrow

I'm not in the slightest bit confident a team full of bottlers and a manager who does not have a clue what he is doing

Watch Yakubu bully us around it wont be like Wigan this time they actually have players that can score ive had a tenner on him being the first goal scorer in the first 10 minutes

Hell it may be a good thing if they score early as under the McLeish tactics we don't start playing football until were a goal down

doing a reasonable job in the circumstances IMO. Can't afford to lose tomorrow though. A 'mustn't lose' game if ever I saw one.

Wtf? How is he doing a reasonable job? What would constitute him doing a bad job?

Being fifteenth in the table and just having drawn 0-0 to a terrible Wigan side can't be considered a reasonable job under the circumstances.

Jon would you still hold this opinion if we draw or lose to Blackburn tomorrow?

Â