The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Lose to blackburn and i fear for the bloke's safety

If we lose to the worst team in the division with supposedly the worst manager in the division how can he still be in a job???

3 points or do one McLeish

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we lose to the worst team in the division with supposedly the worst manager in the division how can he still be in a job???

I thought Wigan, being bottom, were the worst team in the division!

Lose to blackburn and i fear for the bloke's safety

3 points or do one McLeish

Wishful thinking but I don't think Randy has the balls to axe him yet.

KMac didn't do that good a job with us (although I think under the circumstances he didn't do too badly, Newcastle and Vienna aside). However, he's still a better manager than McLeish, purely because he doesn't have this "must not lose at any costs" mentality that McLeish has. To be honest I'm not even sure McLeish even has that, as in multiple games this season he's seemed perfectly content with a defeat.

If we got rid of McLeish and brought in KMac for the rest of the season we'd easily stay up. I expect we'd get a couple of tonkings but we'd probably also get a few wins as well. Keep McLeish and at best we'll draw and stumble our way to safety.

I still feel even we lose against Blackburn the board will keep him at the club til the end of the season. If we do lose against Blackburn I think we'll get relegated too.
Possibly, but I think if we lost to Fulham that would be it.

I do not think Lerner should or would axe McLeish at this point.

Why?

a) We are very unlikely to go down. We are a few good points above much worser teams, who will struggle more than us in picking up points. It is not like we will go out and lose every game from now and until the end of the season

B) Who would we replace him with? It would cost a whole lot to sack him and his backroom staff, and it would cause a turmoil. Insecurity and everything that comes with it. We do not need more instability for the players

c) If new owners come in; they will sack him in 15 minutes - and that is why I think he was hired in the first place

d) If no takeover, sack him in the summer. As mentioned above, we are highly unlikely to go down. But he deserved the can, no doubt about it. He will leave in the summer and if not, we are in serious trouble!

His comments regarding trusting players to do it themselves when it comes to attacking are just ridiculous. No wonder we are so poor. He really does just set his team up from a defensive point of view and then just hopes for the best when we have the ball. How are we ever going to attack if our players are sitting so deep Alex? and considering it seems like we don't work on anything going forward, you can't then just expect us to get the ball deep in our own half with large numbers behind the ball and then expect the players to do anything but panic and give the ball away. You may as well just put a sunday league manager in charge.

His comments regarding trusting players to do it themselves when it comes to attacking are just ridiculous. No wonder we are so poor. He really does just set his team up from a defensive point of view and then just hopes for the best when we have the ball. How are we ever going to attack if our players are sitting so deep Alex? and considering it seems like we don't work on anything going forward, you can't then just expect us to get the ball deep in our own half with large numbers behind the ball and then expect the players to do anything but panic and give the ball away. You may as well just put a sunday league manager in charge.

But... but... he had a reference from Sir Alex!

KMac would do far better with us than McLeish. We would easily stay up if we just attacked teams. Yeah we'd might get tonked under KMac but at least we'd win some and score goals.

no chance do i want k mac in charge he was a disaster for me. i like the bloke but he is not experienced enough. taht 6-0 defeat and the vienna games were a omplete disgrace

not a fan of mcleish but would rather stick with him than kmac based on his experience compared to kac who has little to none in amangement

this predicament we find ourselves in was always going to happen as soon as AM was announced as manager. The sad thing is that it was all avoidable, the manager is a disaster and he always was even before he soiled the Villa with his presence. The person to blame is the owner, he set the conditions for the new manager to work under therefore making the job unpalatable for any decent ones out there leaving him the choice of shit or w ank managers. How he chose AM though is beyond me.

He got sacked for no reason tho

Managerial stats

Huddersfield Town

15 December 2008 -15 February 2012

GAMES 178

WON 87

DRAWN 51

LOST 40

WIN PERCENTAGE 48.88

not bad... better than that idiot!

he had the biggest budget in the league and a 48.88 win percentage isnt that special in League 1

i didnt know the inns and outs of his time there all i knew was that he was percieved to be a good manager :) tbh id take anyone other than Mcleish atm

There were other reasons for his dismissal than just not being in the top two, which IMO prove he is not the man for Villa.

He got sacked for no reason tho

Managerial stats

Huddersfield Town

15 December 2008 -15 February 2012

GAMES 178

WON 87

DRAWN 51

LOST 40

WIN PERCENTAGE 48.88

not bad... better than that idiot!

he had the biggest budget in the league and a 48.88 win percentage isnt that special in League 1

i didnt know the inns and outs of his time there all i knew was that he was percieved to be a good manager :) tbh id take anyone other than Mcleish atm

I'd take abu qatada in front of McLeish - at least discipline wouldn't be a problem, there would be no silly trips to the US and he would have plenty of time to do his homework on up coming games. And he can't be any less tactically naive than McTool.

I thought Wigan, being bottom, were the worst team in the division!

Unlike Wigan, Blackburn haven't kept a clean sheet in the league this season. Anyone fancy us to break that duct?

Horrible quotes today too :

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish today hit back at his critics and insisted there are only a handful of managers who could improve on what he has done this season.

The claret and blues are currently eight points above the Premier League relegation zone in 15th place having amassed 29 points from 26 games.

McLeish has frequently made references to it being a season of transition and the pressure he is under to bring the wage budget down was laid bare when details of Villa’s financial situation were released earlier in the week.

However, it has not stopped a growth in anti-McLeish sentiment which culminated in the abuse the Scot took from the travelling Villa fans at Wigan last weekend.

“I’ve not got a magic wand and I don’t think there are a lot of managers who could do a lot better than the job I am doing just now,” said the Villa boss.

“I know how hard I work and I want a bit of respite. I knew when I came that there was going to be some demanding times ahead and that changing the squad around would take time. But I took the challenge and I’m certainly not going to quit it now.

“I think Randy Lerner realises the massive challenge I have got and that we have opted to go down this road. There has never been any pressure from him.”

Delusional..

http://tinyurl.com/88nxloe

KMac would do far better with us than McLeish. We would easily stay up if we just attacked teams. Yeah we'd might get tonked under KMac but at least we'd win some and score goals.

no chance do i want k mac in charge he was a disaster for me. i like the bloke but he is not experienced enough. taht 6-0 defeat and the vienna games were a omplete disgrace

not a fan of mcleish but would rather stick with him than kmac based on his experience compared to kac who has little to none in amangement

I'm not suggesting KMac as a long term replacement. However, during his short stint with us he showed that he was willing to attack teams. Yeah, the Newcastle and Vienna games were an embarrassment but to be honest I think going into every game content with a draw and getting outplayed regularly by teams way worse than ourselves (as is the case under McLeish) is far more embarrassing.

@dudevillaisnice: Outrageous. Go **** yourself McLeish.

Â