The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I don't think anyone better (more than marginally I mean) is out there let alone would want to come here.
John Gregory?

I loved Gregory when he was here but seriously his record since he left us makes McLeish look like Mourinho.

Well Gregory's record while at Villa blows McLeish's out of the water.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone better (more than marginally I mean) is out there let alone would want to come here.
John Gregory?

I loved Gregory when he was here but seriously his record since he left us makes McLeish look like Mourinho.

Hence why I loved him when he was here but since then the guy has totally lost the plot.

Why wouldn't he come to us? We're a big step up from Norwich (he left Colchester midseason to join Norwich in the first place). We have 4/5 big earners leaving in the summer, so I'm fairly sure we will spend.

Lambert is destined for a bigger job,as much as we all love the Villa we are no longer a top/big club, He is happy at Norwich they are in the PL and they are on the up,Villa would be a massive gamble for him but I would like to see us go for him all the same.

Mc Leish will not be sacked unless we get relegated, however the crowds are falling and fellow season ticket holders I speak to are not renewing next season unless things change.

John Gregory?

Hence why I loved him when he was here but since then the guy has totally lost the plot.

I think Mantis is either Gregory's agent or PR manager.......

John Gregory?

Bit like our current manager then. :P

With respect for Norwich, I think Lambert would jump at the chance to manage a club like Villa. I mean Owen Coyle left Burnely for Bolton Wanderers. Both clubs are doing very similarly this season but I think most people would admit that Villa are the bigger club.

Why wouldn't he come to us? We're a big step up from Norwich (he left Colchester midseason to join Norwich in the first place). We have 4/5 big earners leaving in the summer, so I'm fairly sure we will spend.

Lambert is destined for a bigger job,as much as we all love the Villa we are no longer a top/big club, He is happy at Norwich they are in the PL and they are on the up,Villa would be a massive gamble for him but I would like to see us go for him all the same.

Mc Leish will not be sacked unless we get relegated, however the crowds are falling and fellow season ticket holders I speak to are not renewing next season unless things change.

I agree that he would end up at a bigger club than us eventually, but I'd be happy with that because it would mean he'd done a good job here. I'm not daft, I know we would only be a stepping stone for him.

I would prefer Rodgers over Lambert. High posession is always the best. It's great to watch, it'll create more chnaces and frustrate opponents.

To be honest Rodgers owes Martinez a fair bit for the way Swansea play.

Lambert will end up at a top club - am pretty certain about that.

What hes done at Norwich is no flash in the pan - hes worked miracles there.,

He more than likely wouldn't join us due to his connections with MON - hed probably be bit weary of our current board.

I'd like Nigel Adkins, before Southampton go up. And people start talking how good he is, and we can't get him

Another good shout. Got Scunthorpe promoted twice and kept them in the Championship without spending and looks like getting back to back promotions with Southampton. There's a few good managers coming through.

John Gregory?

Bit like our current manager then. :P

While i loved gregory while he was here, as he always seemed a villa fan in his dream job.

but times have moved on and much as i liked him, he became shit.

there are still managers out there would command respect from the off, managers who players wont start silly shit with.

hitzfeld still manages switz, speaks fluent english

van gaal, still not gone back into management?

2 top top managers right there

if we spunk money on G C, why not just employ someone who knows what they are doing and how to do it

both should have been approached in the summer, i doubt they were approached.

sometimes top managers want a challenge rather than top go to the top club with unlimited money, im sure they would get funds to turn things around.

you would also get pretty much full home crowds most week with decent football

you also wouldnt be getting players taking the piss more than once.

With all due respect, which "top clubs" are we talking about?

Chelsea, Man U, Man C and Arsenal will without a doubt hire a foriegn manager when they decide to replace their current ones. That leaves Tottenhan and Liverpool, and i don't see Pool sacking Dalglish. So unless Harry Houdini becomes the new England manager or is sent to jail there's no top clubs left.

Since Brittish managers aren't exactly coveted outside the UK Aston Villa is about as high as Lambert and Rogers can hope for.

Randy needs to realise that he has made two mistakes in terms of his last two appointments and needs to appoint the right person next, unless he doesn't give a shit because he has plans to sell up. The right man is not Nigel Adkins, Simon Grayson, Gus Poyet or anyone else outside the Premier League. Paul Lambert will plan for the future of the club and will get the players playing the right way. He has now proven that he's no novice by getting the oh so mighty Norwich City above Aston Villa. I like Alex McLeish as a person but as a Manager he's out of his depth in the Premier League.

Mcleish is a victim of his own tactics...he is like MON (but worse) a drill master who wants control over everything and to keep players running and tackling and doing everything. We need a manager who has the philosophy to let the players go out and attack and express themselves!!

Players play best when they dont have to think too much but it just comes natural to them...ours seem drilled like soldiers taught too chase the ball around the pitch and not make any mistakes....no wonder they are pissed off

Randy needs to realise that he has made two mistakes in terms of his last two appointments and needs to appoint the right person next, unless he doesn't give a shit because he has plans to sell up. The right man is not Nigel Adkins, Simon Grayson, Gus Poyet or anyone else outside the Premier League. Paul Lambert will plan for the future of the club and will get the players playing the right way. He has now proven that he's no novice by getting the oh so mighty Norwich City above Aston Villa. I like Alex McLeish as a person but as a Manager he's out of his depth in the Premier League.

while i agree to a point, this time last season a certain loud mouthed slap headed fool had got blackpool into a promising position

it didnt end well though and they played attacking football.

we have some top players, top players need to be managed by top managers otherwise the players dont hang around.

i remember boothroyyd? telling ashley young to come to villa as MON would teach him things and make him a far better player, young came.

we need a respected manager who players will WANT to take the step up and can sell themselves and the club to promising players.

we cant buy top of the range ready made, so buying young players who look the part and will come to us thanks to the set up, the atmosphere the style of play and are already willing to learn under the manager, we can move forwards.

van gaal may have fallen out with some big name players, however he also has won an awful lots of things and has managed at the highest level. he would not take shit from any villa players

rivaldo at barca i think was the worlds most expensive player at the time?

the only other high profile falling out was with toni, he **** toni off and promptly won the league the german version of the fa cup and got to the champions league final.

not too shabby really is it?

Â