The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Oh dear :? and to think this man was given so many millions to spend when with us. I just thought the players would be motivated by the fact he would shoot them with a shotgun if they did not perform ;)

He has spent the last 3 years threatening to stone his players to death but it doesn't seem to have done him any good. :winkold:

Anyway back to Mc.......

Leish

Sorry I fell asleep then just thinking about his name.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What annoys me is that pundits like those on talkSPORT are still preaching about how AMC is a good manager and it is the Blues connection that is causing the fans to be so negative. Do they not see how crap we play, how we don't even try at times, and just how inconsistent we are?

Maybe Mourinho is coming back to England in the summer to manage us when QIA take us over. I guess that's how he knows he's moving back this summer already. :winkold:

possession is our overall problem.....and it has been for years.

Yep we posses some terrible players and a poor manager.

well its funny, because I thought today with Agbonlahor, Ireland, Bent & keane, as offensive players ...does it get much better.

but,we simply don't apply ourselves.... and more importantly, don't know how to win.

the defence and midfield lack the necessary guile, granted.... but we had a forward line to trouble them.We go 2 goals up and all the weaknesses are their to see.

just like wembley against Man U

When is this club going to wake up.

I've noticed some people who think it's the SHA connection. You've gotta ask them if they would want a manager like McLeish in their team and test their response. Then they'll be derailed due to their stupidity.

But what's unacceptable, something I cannot forgive is when Villa fans bring it up.

Graham Turner Mark 2
I think you might want to have another look at this!! :lol:

Thankfully Graham Turner only got one, very brief go.

Graham T*$£~@# on the other hand...don't get me started!! :angry:

Oh yes, Graham Taylor Mark 2, my apologies. It's been a long depressing day.

What annoys me is that pundits like those on talkSPORT are still preaching about how AMC is a good manager and it is the Blues connection that is causing the fans to be so negative. Do they not see how crap we play, how we don't even try at times, and just how inconsistent we are?

Maybe Mourinho is coming back to England in the summer to manage us when QIA take us over. I guess that's how he knows he's moving back this summer already. :winkold:

They know nothing. If they actually listened to the majority of Villa fans when we were linked to him he would know that we didnt want him because he was a shit manager and it was nothing to do with his connection to Blues. If he was a good manager it would have been quite satisfactory taking him off our rivals but the fact is he sent them down twice playing miserable football. I just wish Arsenal had beaten them in the carling cup final so people wouldn't refer to that all the time.

Are you kidding me? Wolves destroyed us. How we won that game I will never know. Pure smash and grab!

Thats exactly what we are Aston ( smash&grab) Villa....no substance.

and thats what we have been for years.

well its funny, because I thought today with Agbonlahor, Ireland, Bent & keane, as offensive players ...does it get much better.

but,we simply don't apply ourselves.... and more importantly, don't know how to win.

the defence and midfield lack the necessary guile, granted.... but we had a forward line to trouble them.We go 2 goals up and all the weaknesses are their to see.

You just have to look at how the same group of players, and also Sunderland's players, reacted under MON. Yes the football wasn't great but the teams gave their all for a manager they respected. It's obvious the players don't rate AMC and aren't playing for him. I would imagine under a different manager the likes of Bannan, Ireland, Gardner, N'Zobia, Bent & Gabby would absolutely thrive.

You swap AMC for Paul Lambert and I would expect our performances, maybe not our results, to improve instantly.

right..i have sat back & gave AM a go, today im fed up with it all to be honest, i would love to see glen hoddle as the next manager

Id take anyone right now. I really would. I know i'll get shot down for this but i'd even take the wally with the brolly. I would have rather had him than Mcleish any day. It would have been the best of a bad pair.

Yes we would probably have all been moaning and hating the owners but at least it wouldn't haven't been him in charge!

I'm going bed :(

You just have to look at how the same group of players, and also Sunderland's players, reacted under MON. Yes the football wasn't great but the teams gave their all for a manager they respected. It's obvious the players don't rate AMC and aren't playing for him. I would imagine under a different manager the likes of Bannan, Ireland, Gardner, N'Zobia, Bent & Gabby would absolutely thrive.

You swap AMC for Paul Lambert and I would expect our performances, maybe not our results, to improve instantly.

Spot on. If your not going to spend money then you need a great motivator and/or tactician to run the squad. Mcleish is neither and we are really suffering for it.

Graham Turner Mark 2
I think you might want to have another look at this!! :lol:

Thankfully Graham Turner only got one, very brief go.

Graham T*$£~@# on the other hand...don't get me started!! :angry:

ARE YOU SERIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely to god this has got to be a wind up - either that or you are less than 21 yrs old.

Jesus christ man, I'll tell you this for nothing, and believe me, it is a 100% fact !

If it wasn't for Graham Taylor, we wouldn't have even been playing Arsenal today - coz we'd have already been knocked out in round 1 by Fleetwood, Accrington or similar !!!!.

Or, maybe even , we would have been playing yesterday under the name "FC Villa of Aston"

Jesus, some people get my goat ! :evil:

You see, the Wolves game was just paper over the cracks. That was exactly the same performance. Only difference was Keane who pulled out 2 hollywood goals out of nowhere, Wolves lost their best player through injury and was a man down. Our defence were still the same shit. We still couldn't keep the ball well enough. We had no aggressive plan to break them even when they were 10 men down. Yet just because we won that fans go blind, yet now we've lost a game they can actually see what a pile of rubbish this team is through management and indiviual errors.

Don't expect us to win against QPR either unless Keane somehow bags more hollywood goals. There's no Plan A to break down a team under McLeish. Just remember when we had to respond against Swansea and how many shots did we have on target? The Swansea defence were extremely comfortable and they're not the first. Alot of teams have managed to walk away with a clean sheet victory at Villa Park, while our useless manager just stands there looking way out of his depth.

The best we can hope is to stay up. Isn't it cool that we've been in the Premier League since it's birth and have the same ambition as Norwich who were in League 1 just two seasons ago? Yet what's more worse they'll probably finish above us due to the sheer gap quality of managers.

**** you McLeish, you piece of shite.

Just came on to post and found this which sums my thoughts up totally.

Do I rate McLeish - No. Do I want him at my club - No. Was he at fault for us losing at Arsenal? No. The useless clearing in the woods of a referee to blame. Usain Bolt couldn't have have got to that ball that resulted in the first penalty! The idiot ref fooked up badly. Had that not been given I am sure we would have been ok.

Â