The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Deserves credit for the team selection and making the necessary changes when required.

Explain? Gabby was ill and couldn't continue so he had to make that change, then when we are trying to see out the game takes of a DM and puts BB on, at that point it was clear they intended to throw the kitchen sink at us

Maybe he saw Kightly having a field day against Clark who had no protection from his winger and decided the experience of Warnock would prove more effective. A substitute born out of necessity because of Gabby's illness but he could have easily brought somebody else on instead.

Which begs the question, why the hell did he put him there in the first place? He is not a full back, is not that pacey and the result was predictable to everybody except McLeish.

I think you are finding reasons to be cheerful.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet the optimistic crowd can't wait to give him kudos but they have to remember it was against Wolves and he's still only managed to pick up a mere 6 wins out of 22. Still poor and has to go.

You also have to remember that we won Chelsea away and in the next game we lost against Swansea at home with ease. Don't get too carried away in the QPR match, especially when we're faced against Hughes.

At least you could enjoy the win though, mate. You certainly seemed to be happy minutes after the final whistle.

Joy all around.

The equaliser and sending off should have seen us up the tempo and hit Wolves whilst they were disorganised, instead we slowed the pace and showed no attacking intent. No substitution to push things on, no team direction from the side lines. Nothing. Where the hell was McLeish.

Another wonder strike later we need to be seeing out the game. So what does McLeish do, takes off Gardener and brings on that defensive ballwark, Bannan. That was asking for trouble and we got it for the last 10 minutes.

Just take off your Mcleish out glasses for 5 seconds.

We hit wolves on the break countless times but the final ball was rubbish - the players fault.

Gardner was riddled with cramp towards the end and needed to be taken off. Is there an abundance of CDM on our bench I dont know about?

Plus your two paragraphs totaly contradict themselves. Why dont we attack wolves!? then moan bannans brought on!?

Another wonder strike later we need to be seeing out the game. So what does McLeish do, takes off Gardener and brings on that defensive ballwark, Bannan. That was asking for trouble and we got it for the last 10 minutes.

Why would you want to keep a player on the pitch who has been lying on the floor with cramp?

That is just stupid!

Why would you want to keep a player on the pitch who has been lying on the floor with cramp?

That is just stupid!

bannan was not the right man to bring on when wolves were gonna be pumping balls in the box though

Well, McLeish will stay for the rest of the season. Would be foolish to think otherwise.

I am pretty sure he starts next season as a manager and will stay throughout that one too. Then he will have one year left of his contract and the wages situation is probably sorted. Maybe Lerner will open the wallet again, so that we can attract a manager with a top 5 quality. It is obvious that none of the big ones wanted to come to work under McLeish's working conditions now.

The equaliser and sending off should have seen us up the tempo and hit Wolves whilst they were disorganised, instead we slowed the pace and showed no attacking intent. No substitution to push things on, no team direction from the side lines. Nothing. Where the hell was McLeish.

We hit wolves on the break countless times but the final ball was rubbish - the players fault.

Gardner was riddled with cramp towards the end and needed to be taken off. Is there an abundance of CDM on our bench I dont know about?

Plus your two paragraphs totaly contradict themselves. Why dont we attack wolves!? then moan bannans brought on!?

I have no reason to, we were very close to being handed our arses on a plate.

We had two defensive minded players, Cueller and Baker, both of whom would have done a better job.

lastly, if you want to comment, do me the decency of bothering to read the posts! Then you will answer your own last question.

Deserves credit for the team selection and making the necessary changes when required.

Explain? Gabby was ill and couldn't continue so he had to make that change, then when we are trying to see out the game takes of a DM and puts BB on, at that point it was clear they intended to throw the kitchen sink at us

Maybe he saw Kightly having a field day against Clark who had no protection from his winger and decided the experience of Warnock would prove more effective. A substitute born out of necessity because of Gabby's illness but he could have easily brought somebody else on instead.

Exactly.

Be fair to the bloke.

Just back fom Moulineux.

Can have no complaints with what McLeish did today. With Ireland out injured and Warnock poor the last few games he picked the right side.

He was also correct in bringing Warnock on at half time. Would he have brought him had Gabby not been injured? we'll never know I guess but he could of course have gone with Bannan to replace Gabby.

Seems to have been bang on the money in signing Keane so credit where it is due.

His record over all still isn't very good but things could be worse. Only last season they were in fact at this stage as after 22 games we had 22 points and he also has a better record than Houllier who in his fist 22 games amassed 23 points.

What now needs to happen is for us to follow this up with a win against QPR. A positive result from Arsenal before then would be a huge bonus.

We had two defensive minded players, Cueller and Baker, both of whom would have done a better job.

lastly, if you want to comment, do me the decency of bothering to read the posts! Then you will answer your own last question.

Your last argument is solely based on your opinion that we NEEDED to see out the game after we went ahead. Well, if I'm not mistaken, we DID see out the game.

Just because we didn't go ultra-defensive, doesn't mean it was the wrong decision.

I can guarantee that if McLeish had parked the bus after Keane's 2nd goal and Wolves snatched an equaliser, people would have moaned 'Why park the bus againt a 10-men Wolves side after we'd just scored?!!! We should have pushed for another, McLeish out!!!!!!'

etc etc.

That is just stupid!

bannan was not the right man to bring on when wolves were gonna be pumping balls in the box though

Yeah he was.

Though I wouldnt have said that before he came on. We did win you know.

Give him some credit, please!

No chance... it's not allowed!

6 unbeaten AWAY from Villa Park..... but then we have an amazing away support who seem to have the odd notion that they should actually spend the entire game supporting their football team!!

Hmmm I think they might be onto something there you know!

So Villa win and no one is allowed to comment on the game eh Tom? Things aren't perfect far from it and people can point that out, if you want to revel in the win and not look at the negatives feel free but no need to critcise those that don't is there?

Your last argument is solely based on your opinion that we NEEDED to see out the game after we went ahead. Well, if I'm not mistaken, we DID see out the game.

Just because we didn't go ultra-defensive, doesn't mean it was the wrong decision.

I can guarantee that if McLeish had parked the bus after Keane's 2nd goal and Wolves snatched an equaliser, people would have moaned 'Why park the bus againt a 10-men Wolves side after we'd just scored?!!! We should have pushed for another, McLeish out!!!!!!'

etc etc.

I'm sorry, what? We brought on Bannan and went backs to the wall. Hence my complaint.

Every game, win or lose I try to give an objective analysis of how I saw the game. I say it again, we were lucky today, bloody lucky. Everything went our way, anything other than that and we would be on the end of a hiding.

If you see it as anything more than that that is your perogotive, but your argument is as likely to change my mind on McLiesh as mine is yours.

When we win, its McLiesh, when we lose its the players (who incidentally are set up and played by McLeish)

So Villa win and no one is allowed to comment on the game eh Tom? Things aren't perfect far from it and people can point that out, if you want to revel in the win and not look at the negatives feel free but no need to critcise those that don't is there?

I think you have read my post in the other thread, but to answer your question..... Of course they are! But its the ridiculous negatives (that are proven inaccurate i.e. Bannan substitution) that are just daft.

Â