The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hes the main reason weve got nothing to show other than darren bent from lerners investments.

and the 64mill we got back on Milner, Downing and Ash.

Dunno about Downing. Yes he signed him but Downing played his best football under KMac/Houllier/GMac. Obviously there's no telling how he would've played under MON but I don't think Downing would've been worth £10m in the summer of 2010 let alone £18m (or however much Liverpool paid us).

We made some good profits on a couple of his signings but samclarke is right on this - MON spent a lot of money yet we really don't have that much to show for it.

• 2 weeks later...

this really does sum it up what mark lawrenson has said this week:

'I just get the sense that Villa boss Alex McLeish is going to have to change the mentality in his squad a little bit, because I am not sure he has got enough winners. There are too many players who are happy to coast along and the only way he is going to be able to change that is by getting rid of them and bringing in some new faces.'

To be fair that is just bland meaningless bollocks. Not enough winners? What exactly does that mean? Too many players happy to coast along - who? We've got the players not playing in a choesive unit. Nobodies 'coasting' that's Chelsea. Getting rid and bringing new players in - welcome to roughly 17 out of 20 prem teams Lawrenson your drivel spouting shitehawk.

'I just get the sense that Villa boss Alex McLeish is going to have to change the mentality in his squad a little bit, because I am not sure he has got enough winners. There are too many players who are happy to coast along and the only way he is going to be able to change that is by getting rid of them and bringing in some new faces.'

I think what sums it up is we have possibly the worst manager in Aston Villa history and if he remains at the club he will take us down

I agree for what it's worth..

There are too many players who are happy to coast along

midfield and defence particular - no one takes responsibility imo.

I agree for what it's worth..

There are too many players who are happy to coast along

midfield and defence particular - no one takes responsibility imo.

He is spot on.

I have said for a long time that we lack leaders.

I think what sums it up is we have possibly the worst manager in Aston Villa history and if he remains at the club he will take us down

I still think both Venglos and Billy McNeill are far worse than McLeish.

Although ask me at the end of the season..........

i would say he is slightly worse than venglos and on a par with mcneill

There's no doubt that McLeish is shaping up to be one of the worst Villa managers ever. However, what annoys me is that this was all avoidable. He wasn't some unknown - everyone knew what he was about before he got the job.

What annoys me more is that people think it is because he is ex sha, cannot , in the main, see how crap he actually is and we are not likely to be rid of him either.
I agree. If McLeish was a half decent manager I'd be glad that we poached him from them. Unfortunately he's terrible and it's clear that SHA fans were glad to be rid of him.

i would say he is slightly worse than venglos and on a par with mcneill

Not quite sure on this. I'm too young for McNeill but I can say that McLeish still has some way to go before he stoops to the doctor's level. I mean, Venglos was sodding bananas!

Not as bananas as mcleish. this man is delusion. he doesn't think he is.negative, Heskey reminds him of franz bekenbauer he thinks we play like Holland and he thinks Hutton is a quality full back. Dr Jo was nowhere near as bonkers as mcleish.

Â