The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

MARK HUGHES.

He's been the elephant in the room all this time.

Do you really think the board chose AMC over Mark Hughes in the first place?

Why would Mark Hughes come here with no money to spend and having to trim the wage bill. He left Fulham for "lack of ambition".... we are no different.

It's purely conjecture but i'd say hughes left fulham because he was expecting an offer from another club

whether that was villa or not we cannot say but i cannot imagine any other reason why he would leave a job without thinking he would or could get offered another

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly we don't have a vacancy at the moment so any talk about Hughes or any other replacement is at this time premature.

We are stuck with McLeish for a good while yet I fear as Randy isn't going to listen and is rarely around to even hear.

For the time being its onwards and downwards with the goal less wonder, I bet Bristol Rovers are rubbing their hands at the prospect of taking us on.

that hughes wasnt even in the running (apparently) is just another nail in Randy's coffin for me though.

Eck should have been the shot gun to the temple but it seems Randy is a bit of an undead fiend so we'll need to get soon hoodoo into the mix to sort this one out!

I bet Bristol Rovers are rubbing their hands at the prospect of taking us on.

I believe they have just sacked their manager, maybe McLeish could take over.

I think there's going to be a major upset in the FA Cup.

Bristol Rovers 1 - 2 Aston Villa. :shock:

The biggest issue is this bullshit interview phase which again smacks of lack of football knowledge. If you want a manager, you do your homework first and you go get him. You interview if you dont have the football knowledge to understand WHY you want the manager.

This is one of my all time favourite quotes...

Whether they choose to approach other clubs formally or not or release it to the press or not no chairman/owner is going to offer a multi million pound contract to a manager without sitting down and talking to the guy first. And to be fair unless it's Barca or utd on the phone the majority of managers would not even consider taking a job without first discussing the ambition/direction/workig practices of a club and board.

It's more than acceptable to draw up a shortlist of candidates and hold discussions or interviews with them, perhaps what we did wrong was play by the rules too much instead of tapping people up. But lets be honest even if Lerner starting acting like he owned one of the big clubs it wouldn't mean it would work like we were one of the big clubs.

Well Kids, he will stay until his position becomes untenable, be that through time (years of bad performance) or Attendances falling to unacceptable levels.

Personally i still say a boycott is the way forward and would have carried on my thread if some children hadnt decided to post immature things in there and cause its closure.

You look at his stats and even a blind man can see this is going to end badly as we have a better squad than the GT days and getting the same results and still have to unload players to make sure the company is running at a good enough margin for Randy to live off us. STATS

To me its either we let them know or we arent really doing our job as fans.

that hughes wasnt even in the running (apparently) is just another nail in Randy's coffin for me though.

Eck should have been the shot gun to the temple but it seems Randy is a bit of an undead fiend so we'll need to get soon hoodoo into the mix to sort this one out!

I reckon Hughes had the Chelsea job lined up with Hiddink over-seeing until it took so long for Hiddink to become available that Roman just thought **** it and went for Villas-Boas instead. By then McLeish had been appointed I think. I'd love to have got AVB in with David Dein as chief exec to rip up the scouting and playing set-up but just dreams unfortunately. I see no hope at the moment.

Well Kids, he will stay until his position becomes untenable, be that through time (years of bad performance) or Attendances falling to unacceptable levels.

Personally i still say a boycott is the way forward and would have carried on my thread if some children hadnt decided to post immature things in there and cause its closure.

I'll boycott with you. I am 37 (my regular attendance goes back to Graham Turner days) and this season has been a total rip off for my money in terms of my season ticket purchase. That free pie I nearly choked on against Liverplop.

Anyhow, I had a 'dizzy spell' on 83 minutes against Swansea such was my anger and rage at what I was watching. No fight, no passion, silly subs, silly starting line up (some say) etc. Going to the Villa has gotten me so wound up, making me miserable and feeling as though I am not getting value for money/entertainment, that it is starting to impact on my health and welfare. That in turn has the potential to impact on my family. One of my friends is concerned about depression...

As such, I am away now for the rest of the season and do not expect to be returning. I know that I need to take a chill pill and not take it so seriously... but football gets you, and grabs hold of you and makes you hold on too tight. I'm at the stage where I can't just sit there and watch that week in week out and seeing zero progress. It takes up too much of my hard earned free time that I should really spend with my lovely family.

This isn't the beautiful game any more - it's all lies, overpaid fancy dans, false dawns, false hope, shit refs etc etc. And then there was MON's debacle... and then Gerard's pointless era... and then Eck... I said last summer that I thought it inhumane to appoint somebody that would not benefit from a honeymoon period (I guess the early fixtures were a tad kind to him) and who would be under so much pressure had they lost to Blackburn as the first home match. And so it is panning out. And I really wanted him to do well and prove me wrong. I don't give a toss about his SHA connections.

When it gets you so bad that you feel yourself wanting to lash out and you feel as though you are turning into a thug, outbursting profanity, the like of which you never considered yourself previously capable and making yourself look a fool, and then getting so wound up you think you're going to collapse - it's time to walk away. Time to leave it alone and put your money elsewhere. That's what I'm doing.

Sorry - I can spend 400+ quid on something that is guarenteed to bring enjoyment and last many years. I see all those players (not just at Villa) getting paid all that money to prance around the pitch like billy-big-balls on the pretence that they are professionals. Do you really believe that you get value for money from them? Do you really think footballers deserve all that doe? No... they really don't. When you've got firemen and little kids rattling buckets and begging me for a donation outside the ground - that's perspective for you.

Fickle? Half-arsed supporter? I'll take that on the chin... But I tell you this, my health means more to me and my family than it does to Eck and Lerner.

I'm better off health-wise and financially without the misery of VP 2011-12. Why put myself through it? If you don't enjoy it, and it makes you feel ill - it's time to stop.

I don't mind losing... this isn't about losing football matches. I almost enjoyed the Arsenal game. It's the nature of the defeat, the clueless and powerless performances on the pitch. That rankles - and straight back into the debate about whether you think footballers per se in the Premiership are really worth those wages. If I performed as badly in my job, I'd be down the road. Simple as that.

The club won't miss me, I know that... but I see a brighter future for me and my family than I do for the people that are hell bent on watching that clunge week in and week out for the remainder of the season, or however long the tenure lasts.

(tin hat on... retreat from the firework... fists up...)

I'll boycott with you. I am 37 (my regular attendance goes back to Graham Turner days) and this season has been a total rip off for my money in terms of my season ticket purchase. That free pie I nearly choked on against Liverplop.

Anyhow, I had a 'dizzy spell' on 83 minutes against Swansea such was my anger and rage at what I was watching. No fight, no passion, silly subs, silly starting line up (some say) etc. Going to the Villa has gotten me so wound up, making me miserable and feeling as though I am not getting value for money/entertainment, that it is starting to impact on my health and welfare. That in turn has the potential to impact on my family. One of my friends is concerned about depression...

As such, I am away now for the rest of the season and do not expect to be returning. I know that I need to take a chill pill and not take it so seriously... but football gets you, and grabs hold of you and makes you hold on too tight. I'm at the stage where I can't just sit there and watch that week in week out and seeing zero progress. It takes up too much of my hard earned free time that I should really spend with my lovely family.

This isn't the beautiful game any more - it's all lies, overpaid fancy dans, false dawns, false hope, shit refs etc etc. And then there was MON's debacle... and then Gerard's pointless era... and then Eck... I said last summer that I thought it inhumane to appoint somebody that would not benefit from a honeymoon period (I guess the early fixtures were a tad kind to him) and who would be under so much pressure had they lost to Blackburn as the first home match. And so it is panning out. And I really wanted him to do well and prove me wrong. I don't give a toss about his SHA connections.

When it gets you so bad that you feel yourself wanting to lash out and you feel as though you are turning into a thug, outbursting profanity, the like of which you never considered yourself previously capable and making yourself look a fool, and then getting so wound up you think you're going to collapse - it's time to walk away. Time to leave it alone and put your money elsewhere. That's what I'm doing.

Sorry - I can spend 400+ quid on something that is guarenteed to bring enjoyment and last many years. I see all those players (not just at Villa) getting paid all that money to prance around the pitch like billy-big-balls on the pretence that they are professionals. Do you really believe that you get value for money from them? Do you really think footballers deserve all that doe? No... they really don't. When you've got firemen and little kids rattling buckets and begging me for a donation outside the ground - that's perspective for you.

Fickle? Half-arsed supporter? I'll take that on the chin... But I tell you this, my health means more to me and my family than it does to Eck and Lerner.

I'm better off health-wise and financially without the misery of VP 2011-12. Why put myself through it? If you don't enjoy it, and it makes you feel ill - it's time to stop.

I don't mind losing... this isn't about losing football matches. I almost enjoyed the Arsenal game. It's the nature of the defeat, the clueless and powerless performances on the pitch. That rankles - and straight back into the debate about whether you think footballers per se in the Premiership are really worth those wages. If I performed as badly in my job, I'd be down the road. Simple as that.

The club won't miss me, I know that... but I see a brighter future for me and my family than I do for the people that are hell bent on watching that clunge week in and week out for the remainder of the season, or however long the tenure lasts.

Free season ticket going?

Alex Mcleish is just a living nightmare. I go off my food when I hear/see the bloke. He makes me physically ill. Listening to his dross before/after games is embarrassing.

I know its been 6 months give or take....

But is this whole alex mcleish thing a joke?

Great Post

Great Post

Seconded. My situation is slightly different, but I can understand your frustration. Good post mate.

Alex Mcleish is just a living nightmare. I go off my food when I hear/see the bloke. He makes me physically ill. Listening to his dross before/after games is embarrassing.

Even now I'm in shock as to how this has happened. I remember when the odds dropped dramatically on him becoming the next Villa manager I wasn't in the least bit worried he'd get the job because of how crazy it would be. I just couldn't believe it right up until it was announced.

I get depressed about it after the game but the day after I just switch off until the next time. I haven't let it affect my health and don't intend to (they are just not worth it).

I can understand you though and it should not be like that. Lerner and McLeish have a lot to answer for.

Free season ticket going?

Hi there (Barney?)...

It would be an invisible statement if I let somebody physically sit in my seat. So, other than offering the card to a Manure fan (who would stand... boom boom), I am playing the martyr, and I have offered my card to my mate who sits behind me so that he can rest his feet on my seat... If any jobsworth steward tries to intervene, my mate will have the season card with him to show that he is quite within his rights to have his bodily parts in residence.

Good request though...

Even now I'm in shock as to how this has happened. I remember when the odds dropped dramatically on him becoming the next Villa manager I wasn't in the least bit worried he'd get the job because of how crazy it would be. I just couldn't believe it right up until it was announced.

Didn't quite a few people here lose a good bit of money laying him?

Â