The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Not quite sure what you mean claret75?

Let me clarify lol

Mcleish was arrogant before kick-off and had the stuffing well and truly knocked out of him by the end of the match, you'd think he'd be old and wise enough to know how quickly things can change wouldn't you? No? Fair enough...

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bristol Rovers are 7/2 to win on Sunday. To put it into perspective, we were 10/1 to beat Chelsea.

That's how shit we are.

Betting odds tell you where the punters are putting their money, not anything objective about the quality of our side.

Bristol Rovers are 7/2 to win on Sunday. To put it into perspective, we were 10/1 to beat Chelsea.

That's how shit we are.

Betting odds tell you where the punters are putting their money, not anything objective about the quality of our side.

Not only that but the fact its the cup will be a factor and along with that the almost expected idea that the "bigger team" will rst some players, I fully expect for example Petrov to be rested, Maybe collins or Dunne too, Gabby, with Bannan, Heskey and a few others coming in

McLeish's decision making is some of the worst I have ever seen. His team selections are poor to say the least.

After the Chelsea game I cant believe he reverted to playing Bent up front alone at home against Swansea. Everbody else seems to realise that Bent needs to play in a 4-4-2 with a strike partner. Everybody knows gabby is wasted out wide.

Everybody knew what substitutions needed to made against Swansea yet he takes off Ireland and leaves a tired Petrov and ineffectual Clark on the pitch.

He didnt bring Bannan on till 85 mins???? I honestly have no idea what he is doing at times, sadly neither does he. 4 home deafeats on the bounce is poor, we all know we should play differently at home and be on the front foot. 4-5-1 counter attack is not the way to play at home.

The guy is a complete baffoon

I tend to agree with this the only question and problem is is can Stephen Ireland play in a 442, I'm not so sure.

I know what you mean, Ireland would maybe have to sit out if it was 4-4-2 unless he was one of the front 2 in a more 4-4-1-1 fromation with Gabby on the bench or dare I say it when we go 4-5-1/4-3-3 then Bent should be on the bench as he cant play the lone role particularly well. McLeish does not seem to understand which personel suit which tactic to me. Seems as if he was trying to accomodate Nzogbia,Gabby, Bent and Ireland against Swansea when its clear that they all cant start together as the balance is just not right.

You would think a prem manager halfway through the season would understand this by now. McLeish doesnt which is alarming to say the least.

If I am honest, I'd prefer Villa not to sack McLeish. If I am honest, what I'd really like is for McLeish to turn us around and make us a winning team, taking us to cup finals and into Europe on a career with us lasting decades.

Imagine how good that would be, to tell the Noses their manager made us great.

My dream seems to be getting more and more unlikely. I don't doubt that McLeish wants to make us great, I don't doubt he'd have more chance if he had a bit more backing (although I'm scared to give him money to spend)...I've been behind McLeish as much as I can be...

I just wish all the faith I'd shown in him had not backfired like this...sigh...

If I am honest, I'd prefer Villa not to sack McLeish. If I am honest, what I'd really like is for McLeish to turn us around and make us a winning team, taking us to cup finals and into Europe on a career with us lasting decades.

Of course that'd be amazing. I just don't think anyone sees it happening with this manager.

I'd be happy if he made ten changes to the team against Swansea, as I'm not bothered about the FA Cup this season. Far more interested in not being relegated.

Will someone get this **** clearing in the woods out of our club already. He's horrible.

25% win rate

5 home defeats out of 6

Goal less 8 times out of 20

Over 50% goals conceeded from set pieces

Hardly any shots on target

Poor possession

Ugly hopeless football

Hopeless at the transfer market

I don't even think he would be good enough in the Championship now.

Imagine how good that would be, to tell the Noses their manager made us great.

My dream seems to be getting more and more unlikely. I don't doubt that McLeish wants to make us great, I don't doubt he'd have more chance if he had a bit more backing (although I'm scared to give him money to spend)...I've been behind McLeish as much as I can be...

I just wish all the faith I'd shown in him had not backfired like this...sigh...

Yea, instead we got a team that's going backwards instead of forwards, a host of shit players in the team, a manager who couldn't inspire a Beaver to build a dam, and super crap football for us fans to enjoy every game.

We're 14th now, behind Sunderland. Game over for Mcleish I'm afraid to say. Next...

We're 14th now, behind Sunderland. Game over for Mcleish I'm afraid to say. Next...

Unfortunately it won't work like that will it. He was given the job 6 months ago on a bumber 3 year contract. Lerner and Faulkner for **** knows what reason thought he was the right man then and will think he is the right man now.

What we could do with is a spate of sackings in the Premiership to help plant the seed and make his sacking look more justified. It doesn't help that managers who have been in their jobs sometime, or at least way longer than McLeish, who are struggling in Kean, Coyle, McCarthy haven't and don't appear in iminent danger of being sacked. The media also don't seem to be reporting that McLeish is under pressure.

I would be amazed if McLeish goes before the end of the season and expect him to still be here in 18 months. I would love to be pleasantly surprised though. Of course that then means Dumb and Dumber having to find another manager and as we all know they are **** clueless at that.

I didn't think he was the best man for the job and still don't but some of the problems we have ..struggling to break down teams at home is hardly a new issue.

I think there seems to be this idea from up high to sort out the wages and get the club running correctly the issue is they seems to forget that success brings income.Apparantly we did ok with the Genting sponsorship I can't see us getting a good deal next time.Attendances are also falling.

What's frustrating for me is that the top 4 this season is as open as ever !! but we sold our best players and our star striker is not scoring due to this and some of the awful football we are playing.Just very frustrating and demoralising at the moment.

I would be amazed if McLeish goes before the end of the season and expect him to still be here in 18 months.
That's depressing. Thing is, if we continue like this, then I think they'll have no choice but to sack him at the end of the season.

I'm dying for these takeover rumours to be true because there's no way they'd keep McLeish.

Sunderland ahead of us already.

It makes me sick. Meanwhile McLeish loses to Swansea and host of other shit clubs. Clueless clearing in the woods.

Yeah but they have just got a cheque book manager who will spend loads of money buying shit players on over inflated wages? :confused:

:oops:

The Chuckle Brothers are just to stubborn to get rid of AM. For the rest of the season we will get ignored by the Chairman, fed bullshit by the PR machine and given a platitude of excuses by the management!

AM's so called strengths seem to be a myth (we can't defend and struggle to get motivated) this is not unusual in football me thinks?

Â