The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Tony Morley said after the game that too many supporters are wishing for McLeish to fail.

Perhaps he is right.

i dont think he is far wrong, a fair few would rather scrape this year and see him sacked than see 3 years of utter garbage and finishing 12th, either way id guess 99.99% of VP dont see him taking us forward and its easy to see why

problem is IMO he isnt getting sacked...

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to the post match interview, the t**t makes my blood boil. He is completely, obliviously in denial about his own inadequacies and the fact that our performance/results are a reflection of his managership. When asked about booing he states that the same would happen at any club who experienced a similar result. WHY can't he acknowledge the boos are us fans venting our disapproval of him? The prat just seems to have his head deeply buried in the sand and the danger is if he does not look up it may be too late for us!! I find his dismissive attitude insulting. He needs to take a look at himself and maybe, just maybe, he may see what the majority down VP are forced to look at!! :evil:

You are insulted by he fact that, while acknowledging that the 'fans' booed, McLeish didn't observe that the boos were exclusively for him, if indeed they were? :shock:

Tony Morley said after the game that too many supporters are wishing for McLeish to fail.

Perhaps he is right.

god knows why but he has been given 6 months so far to not fail, he is failing, not only is he failing with pretty much a full squad and a whole preseason behind him and his own signings, but he is failing in both results and performance and style of play.

im not down with the kidz but one of those humerous epic fail pistures would pretty much sum the ginger clunge up

so while tony morley may have said some fans want GC to fail, we didnt want him but have given him half a season and a full preseason to show us what he can do.

i think he has shown us enough now thanks.

which is why people want him out

if he had won games or got the same results but played attractive flowing football then there would be signs of improvement.

our results are no different to last seasons yet the football style is 100% worse

maybe if we had kept GH and had the ginger clunge as an assistant manager who dealt with the players and imposed GH football ideas to the players in a more friendly way, then that would have worked?

ginger clunge does not work

The board's decision only to target manager's with Premier LEague experience was ridiculous.

If only they had widened the net and looked for someone with real talent. It is very rare that you will find a top manager with Premier League experience who is available, hence our list of targets was so poor.

I'd rather we'd have gone for an up and coming boss from the lower leagues if we have to make do with being in transition for the foreseeable future.

Agreed . Logically thing to do would be to look at upcoming promising managers like the likes of Lambert etc .Managers with potential. This never even came into our boards thinking.

Even Doug did it with Brian Little , John Gregory with some relative success.

In fairness (and I'm no supporter of AM) Villa did seem to start showing improvement as soon as Bent was out of the side. Perhaps letting Bent go and a just a decent striker brought in may solve the issue?

It may sound crazy, but was it such a coincidence that with Bent out there was improvement?

This manager has not had anywhere near the opportunities of the incumbent on that occasion, so he must at least be given some time.

Of course give him time. We have given him half a season and in my opinion thats enough. Don’t let what happened with the previous managers cloud your judgement. It isn’t going to get better IMO. I wanted to Chelsea to be the way forward, but today showed what that is likely to be.

Oh and look who is coming up behind us. The big bad wolf...

I personally made no comment after the Chelsea game as a lot of people were getting carried away, I felt that had we gone 2-0 down we'd have lost about 5-0...we werent playing that great early on and in fairness if it wasnt for 2 errors we wouldnt have scored, that being said I take nothing away from the cold hard fact of a 3-1 victory away at Chelsea..great.

So on to today, I was even stupid enough to have a Villa win on my accumulator bet, I watched the game...and same old shit, dire...no ideas in the attacking third what so ever and 2 misplaced passes leading to goals. At this point I expect our manager to make a positive move, firstly I thought Albrighton for Nzogbia was a no brainer...so obvious as Nzogbia was awful again, running into people and trying to shoot rather than cross n he takes over Ireland, the only guy in the entire squad who posseses any chance of a bit of guile or creativity. So now he's playing 4-4-2 with 2 defensive centre midfielders!.

Swansea beat us by doing what we didnt do when they had the ball...got tight to us, harassed us. we just stood n watched them pass round us, pathetic, passion-less yet again.

Yeah we get on his back (Mcleish), but lord knows he's making it too easy for us

Agreed . Logically thing to do would be to look at upcoming promising managers like the likes of Lambert etc .Managers with potential. This never even came into our boards thinking.

I was hoping for this approach but it seems our owner is just happy to be in the premier league.

It's a joke that we've ended up with Mcleish.

This is the worry, we could afford a 'winner' which I can accept, the next logical thing for me would be look at upcoming young managers and take a chance on them being the real deal. I still cannot fathom just why AM was selected for the job. I just can think on what criteria he was deemed the man for the job.

Last 6 home games

1-2 WBA

3-2 Norwich

0-1 ManUre

0-2 Lpool

1-2 Arsenal

0-2 Swansea

Take Norwich out we've scored twice in 5 home games FFS

Lost 5 out of 6. They say home form keeps you in the league and away form determines how high you finish

In fairness (and I'm no supporter of AM) Villa did seem to start showing improvement as soon as Bent was out of the side. Perhaps letting Bent go and a just a decent striker brought in may solve the issue?

It may sound crazy, but was it such a coincidence that with Bent out there was improvement?

without Bent we lost at home to liverpool and arsenal and drew away at stoke in one of the dullest games of the season. i reckon you could count on 1 hand the amount of shots we had on target in those games combined. our only goal came from an assist from an arsenal player, against the worst away defence in the league who were missing both starting fullbacks

then against chelsea we were 1-1 and had been battered all 2nd half. bent comes on and we score 2 goals in the 5 minutes we manage to keep the ball and string a few passes together in that whole half.

i dont get this idea of improved performances and turning the corner. yeah its been better compared to the complete ineptitude of the spurs and liverpool games, but its still overall not great football. generally our improved possession is in the middle of the park where we are not pressured. as soon as we get near the opposition box and find defenders blocking our way we lose it. as shown today where our main tactic was to get near their box and kick it off one of their guys for a corner.

it was a great result against chelsea no doubt, but those type of smash and grab victories are not going to happen all the time. its looking exactly the same as his blues team from last year - the odd great battling performance against a top team; but overall dull, negative football where we dont score enough goals.

Just listened to the post match interview, the t**t makes my blood boil. He is completely, obliviously in denial about his own inadequacies and the fact that our performance/results are a reflection of his managership. When asked about booing he states that the same would happen at any club who experienced a similar result. WHY can't he acknowledge the boos are us fans venting our disapproval of him? The prat just seems to have his head deeply buried in the sand and the danger is if he does not look up it may be too late for us!! I find his dismissive attitude insulting. He needs to take a look at himself and maybe, just maybe, he may see what the majority down VP are forced to look at!! :evil:

You are insulted by he fact that, while acknowledging that the 'fans' booed, McLeish didn't observe that the boos were exclusively for him, if indeed they were? :shock:

Tony Moreley said after the game that too many supporters are wishing for McLeish to fail.

Perhaps he is right.

I find his tone in his interviews, when journalists question his team or tactics, either ignorant or arrogant. For all his flaws he strikes me as anything but an arrogant character, so that leads me to believe he is ignorant to his tactical inadequacies and the resulting frustration of those who pay to witness it. So it does annoy me when 'i', and those around me, try to get our opinion heard (believe me the boos and expletives where I sit were directed at one person only) are made out to be not to be reflective of his performance as our manger

I have not heard anyone say anything that makes me believe that they are 'wishing' him to fail, but if we look at things to date he is certainly doing so! As a fan i'd much rather him be a success opposed to a failure but the more i see the less convinced i am he will be!

although i see those eyebrows dont look jonge?

So you'd rather she looked like this?

alex-mcleish-001.jpg

i have been ill over the last few days, kidneys aching, proper flu symptoms mixed in with pissing blood the other day and it feeling like i was weeing razor blades ( nice).

all true

yet that photo and todays performance makes me feel even more ill than i have been

You're right. It's crazy

Best natural finisher we have had at the club in 20 years. Play to his strengths and he'll score goals

Bent is not the problem

Mcleish is

Well he won Birmingham a cup so I reckon the thinking was with better resources he could do the same here and get us high in the league. Problem is though is natural style is negative and that won't be accepted at VP. So he's trying to make us an attacking despite this going against what he knows.

It was never going to work. Loosing 5 out of 6 home games is a disgrace tbf. Houllier only lost 4 all season. Mcleish has got away very lightly from the fans considering what they've had to put up with.

Â