The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's just as bad is is we are paying Jenas wages despite him being out for the whole season!

he wasnt out for season when we signed him.

His injury record speaks for itself.. awful move by the club/manager.

A club with any footballing sense at mind would know to stay well clear of Jenas.

would you have signed McGrath? sometimes these things come off

Anybody remember that video from last year when we were in the shit about what it means to fight for the cause for Villa? what was it called, want to show it to my GF to explain what Villa mean to me.

Wasn't sure what post to put this in!

Always been shite on TV
Oh, that makes it all ok then.

Far from it, Just wrong to make out that its some fault of Mcliesh's.

O'Neill improved it slightly, but weve always had that 'England shit ya sen' style when the world is watching.

Always been shite on TV
Oh, that makes it all ok then.

Far from it, Just wrong to make out that its some fault of Mcliesh's.

O'Neill improved it slightly, but weve always had that 'England shit ya sen' style when the world is watching.

Even last season I seem to remember some good performances on TV. Man U at home, Man City at home, Arsenal away.

It's not McLeish's fault that we've always been shit on TV (although that's not true anyway) but it's certainly McLeish's fault that from those 7 games all we could muster was 1 goal and 4 points.

Always been shite on TV

So we are always shite?

Almost all our matches are on TV. Only times they are not is when three of the big teams play on Saturday. Then my three Premier League channels does not show Villa, so I have to watch a stream :(

On the jenas thing I've heard the reason we have to pay his wages is because we agreed to do that so we didn't pay a fee upfront.

i also think if you take a player on loan the loanee club their is a clause that cant send him back. Dont remember Ireland returning last year

It's in the parent club's interest to ensure there isn't a clause that allows the player to be sent back.

Spurs didn't want him this year, so why would they want a clause that could send him back if he gets injured? Then they'd have to pay his wages on the treatment table rather than us.

Got most of the stuff spot on today.. just disappointed he left the sub changes too late as it was a dangerous game we were playing (sitting deep, players tired etc)

But nevertheless well done to the man for today as we went away with 3 points and a great performance.. Just wish we never sat so deep for long periods of the game.

Yep credit where credit is due, well done McLeish today.

Got a bit lucky as he was going to sub Ireland rather than Petrov I think but he set out the team perfectly and we deserved the win today. Also fair play of him to bring on Gardner and most importantly to bench Hutton.

Â