The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

it really does get more and more depressing day by day been a villa fan. Talksport talking about villa all day saying its 'poor' and 'negative' thats just what you need on a monday morning. at least the media are actually making some noise about how crap he is.

then every villa fan knows that mcleish will be here at least till the end of the season unless we get relegated and then it will be to late. so do we give him money to waste and play his negative tactics? i dont know anymore, either way it seems like were going to regret it.

then to top it off my nan yes my nan says the new villa manager isnt doing well. if my nan can see it surely randy can.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're gonna lose in the same fashion against Arsenal I hope they'll thrash us. I'm not even kidding. The scorelines we got against Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool have been extremely generous and doesn't reflect just how much of a bad job AM is doing. It wasn't because of our solid defence. It was because the opposition players weren't clinical enough. We've been extremely lucky not to lose by numerous amounts and it's giving AM alot of credit despite the defeats.

depending on what games they have coming up, if they can win on half throttle they will....the premiership is physically demanding unless we play and teams just conserve their energy and avoid unnecessay knocks.

The thing is when you in charge of a shitty little unambitious club being boring, not scoring and not conceding many is OK, your a plucky little nothing club who no one cares less about so you can go along happily content in your backwater. Get relegated, oh it doesn't matter, that's your level anyway. You won't get critisized, in fact you fluke a cup and you are a messiah.

Then you move to a big club, a club that has fans who can remember winning trophies, a club with a history, one of the top clubs in the country, a club with top internationals, a club that the rest of the country takes notice of. You don't change your tactics, think you can't beat anyone on your day, you don't play your best players in their best positions. What happens is you get found out! The fact that the pathetic tactics employed at the previous shitty insignificant club are no longer praised but are now critisied by the media, fans and players. The fact that you give up even before the game starts is now noticed! The fact that you are completely useless at management is now evident for all to see.

The solution, go back to the shitty little insignificant team or manage in the porridge league. Alex you're in way above your station and you are sinking fast, don't drag my club down to the bottom of the gene pool with your previous pay masters and fook off out of my club!!

naz in regards to banner a good point was raised we lie 10th so raising a banner makes us villa fans look abit foolish evn we all now mcleish is failing miserably.

we are likely to lose the next three games i would advise doing it for the first home game in the new year when we are probably lying around 15th-16th

he cant survive that

Hopefully 2 heavy defeats against Arsenal & Chelsea might just be enough to get him the boot.

Ive never backed against my team but its a sacrifice i think a few of us would be willing to make. Enough is enough, if we need to lose the next 4 or 5 in order to get him out...then so be it! :|

naz in regards to banner a good point was raised we lie 10th so raising a banner makes us villa fans look abit foolish evn we all now mcleish is failing miserably.

we are likely to lose the next three games i would advise doing it for the first home game in the new year when we are probably lying around 15th-16th

he cant survive that

Good point - maybe you are right - timing is crucial!

FWIW i still think we'll pull one result out the bag this xmas that will convince the board to keep him...

good to see the media turning towards him because on sunday night / monday morning it looked like they were ready to stand up for him and blame the players (stan collymore was an utter dick sunday night)

Hopefully 2 heavy defeats against Arsenal & Chelsea might just be enough to get him the boot.

Ive never backed against my team but its a sacrifice i think a few of us would be willing to make. Enough is enough, if we need to lose the next 4 or 5 in order to get him out...then so be it! :|

Still no guarantee that Lerner would do the decent thing.

This. Its such a sad state of affairs when i kind of hope we loose in order for change. I remember having exactly the same emotions during GT mk II and it was as painful and confusing back then! I admire, and am fully behind, peoples efforts (e.g. banners and twitter campaigns) but these will only be effective accompanied by bad results. Wins now only paper over the cracks and if he does not drag us down now he sure will given time!

It is a sad time for us all. My non supporting Villa mates really pity us right now, even those who support Wolves.

I had an idea for a protest last night. I'm not going to comment as to when would be a good time to do it, I just liked the idea.

Having seen us give up before a ball is kicked I think we should all bring white flags to a game to wave in surrender to whoever the game is against. Should be pretty easy to do as you can wave anything from a hanky to a pillow case, it's generally pretty easy to find some white material to flail about. It would obviously be more effective against one of the "giants of the game" as Mcleish said of Liverpool, where abject surrender seems to have been the main thrust of the team talk.

I had an idea for a protest last night. I'm not going to comment as to when would be a good time to do it, I just liked the idea.

Having seen us give up before a ball is kicked I think we should all bring white flags to a game to wave in surrender to whoever the game is against. Should be pretty easy to do as you can wave anything from a hanky to a pillow case, it's generally pretty easy to find some white material to flail about. It would obviously be more effective against one of the "giants of the game" as Mcleish said of Liverpool, where abject surrender seems to have been the main thrust of the team talk.

That's actually a good idea.

One things for certain RVP will be my fantasy captain this week.

I fancy him to have a field day against our joke of a back 4

Expect Vermaelen to fill his boots as well deadly in the air from set pieces something were dog shit at defending

The whole issue here is the fact that we can see the way things are going yet on the face of it he's doing an alright job. Nobody really gave us a chance of beating City, Utd, Liverpool, and everybody is writing us off for the Arsenal and Chelsea games so actully it doesn't really matter to him and his contract if the players dont even bother turning up for those games.

Presently we're 10th in the league, which must be about smack bang in the middle of where he's expected to finish this season under the terms of his contract. We cannot legitimately sack him for something that might (although probably will) happen so unfortunately until things get really bad we can't expect the board to listen.

The white flag idea is brilliant but will probably be more of a kick up the arse for McLeish and the senior players than the board.

I think no matter what he will keep him as Randy is either Loyal, Stupid or just dam stubbon.

Our position at the moment really is a false one,

6 Points above the drop yet sitting in tenth with possibly the hardest fixtures out of any team around us i can see us dropping like a stone Swansea at home will be a massive must win game

Â