The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are a joke in 9th place imagine how it must feel to be an Everton fan they must be a right laughing stock or Sunderland or Fulham
My word, do people not watch us play?

IT'S NOT THE RESULTS. It's the complete lack of effort and motivation. There's also the small matter of McLeish constantly banging on about how he's going to sort out the pathetic defence and the changes NOTHING.

This isn't like last season where we'd constantly switch between spirited battling performances to absolutely dire ones. We're consistently like this now and it really does look as if McLeish has lost the dressing room. All the fans want him out, every other football can see just how crap we are under him. He has to go.

the movement is shocking and the fact some of our players are also gutless to want a pass of the ball is another disgraceful thing. People say what they want about Makoun but he never shied responsibility

but the thing with the movement is its not a mcleish issue, or a houllier issue, or an o'neill issue. all 3 managers had the problem, but the fact that there's been 3 of them unable to fix it surely points at a much, much deeper problem

So when are we gonna step up a gear and chant at AM what we really think of him and his shit football? Why is he still getting a free pass? I mean apart from the boos which aren't loud or even that long when it's HT/FT, there's really nothing else. But Houllier on the other hand got alot more venom, despite being hit and miss.

I've never seen any football forum against a manager so much. Yet it's not really reflecting on the pitch. Surely the time to do it is when we get off to a bad start against Arsenal which will no doubt happen.

The next 2 games will be away and we will most likely lose them as well. If we try and humilate him at the Arsenal game, the media will catch on and the pressure will be massive on the board. Even a greater scale than Houllier because we was against McLeish from the start.

I'd honestly prefer Gary MacAllister as manager.

Please McAllister is like Sir Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho and Arrigo Sacchi rolled in to one compared to McLeish.

I mean McAllister managed back to back wins against Arsenal and Liverpool, something McLeish wouldn't even attempt at doing.

I posted this in the Randy Lerner thread that there is no chance of McLeish getting the push. Lerner put up with this and worse last season under the previous clown we had managing us when after 19 games we were sat on 20 points in 15th place,after 21 games when we were sat on 21 points in 18th place and after 30 games when we were sat on 33 points in 14th place one point above the drop zone. Also this was despite serving up gutless tripe and the crowd having turned on Houllier in December and him getting the worst crowd reaction/abuse I've seen towards any manager at the end of the Wolves game in March.

The only players I can see want to play for him are the back 4, and that is because they are "his type" of players (for want of a better word). The rest of the squad do not seem to like his style of football and thus are not performing. The flair players are not given the license to play freely.

So when are we gonna step up a gear and chant at AM what we really think of him and his shit football? Why is he still getting a free pass? I mean apart from the boos which aren't loud or even that long when it's HT/FT, there's really nothing else. But Houllier on the other hand got alot more venom, despite being hit and miss.

I've never seen any football forum against a manager so much. Yet it's not really reflecting on the pitch. Surely the time to do it is when we get off to a bad start against Arsenal which will no doubt happen.

The next 2 games will be away and we will most likely lose them as well. If we try and humilate him at the Arsenal game, the media will catch on and the pressure will be massive on the board. Even a greater scale than Houllier because we was against McLeish from the start.

We don't need to try to humiliate him, he is doing an excellent job of that himself.

At half time and full time the response from the fans will be whatever it deserves to be but during matchplay we must remain supportive (or at the very least non disruptive).

We don't need to try to humiliate him, he is doing an excellent job of that himself.

At half time and full time the response from the fans will be whatever it deserves to be but during matchplay we must remain supportive (or at the very least non disruptive).

if you really want to make a point, i recommend everyone in the ground stand up, face away from the match and sing their **** hearts out

itd get a lot more coverage than the usual booing, sure at this stage itd be "there's the villa fans booing again"

If we are a joke in 9th place imagine how it must feel to be an Everton fan they must be a right laughing stock or Sunderland or Fulham

yes it doesnt look that bad in terms of just looking at the table, in 10th place at the moment.

but look at the fixtures we have had. we had an extremely easy start to the season and the only teams we have beaten are wigan, blackburn and norwich at home and bolton away. most teams would beat the first 3 at home and bolton are bottom of the league.

the only tough games we have had are man city, man u, spurs and liverpool. and in those games we have been comprehensively outplayed, creating nothing (apart from a consolation against city). the football is terrible and too many times we have looked defeated from the very start of a game.

the only way we are going with mcleish is down

"But in the first half, aside from the corners, I thought we did okay - we had 11 shots on goal but unfortunately we didn't show that cutting edge.

I'm shocked he thinks we did "okay" in the first half.. unbelievable.

He added: "It was very disappointing. We allowed the players free runs and it causes havoc. It's something we have got to address.

"On the training ground and in the last few games they seemed happy and okay but I need to look at that very closely, starting tomorrow."

Same old rubbish, heard it all before.. "starting tomorrow".. that "tomorrow" never seems to come it seems.

"It's the same as any top team. It would be the same with Liverpool if they lost Luis Suarez. It's difficult.

Maybe.. but today Suarez didn't do anything of note - no goal or assist in this match which makes him look a bit of an idiot.

I have no fear that we will be relegated as there are at least 3 worst teams than us in the league but what really worries me is that we will lose any of our talented youngsters because of McLeish's negative brand of football.

Surely they see the first team play like that with no enthusiasm or will to win and think I'd be better off at Swansea, Norwich, Wigan or most other teams we would consider inferior to ourselves, just so they can play some decent football and give it a go against the big teams instead of rolling over and defending a 2-0 deficit.

Mc Leish was the wrong appointment, it was never going to work, the fans will not support him and the team will suffer as Villa Park has become a morgue, the football is the worst since the Mc Neill days and there are no signs it will improve, it would be best all round to admit that it is not working out and call it a day, although Randy probably won't as it will cost him big time - end result look at SHA!

Spot on

Currently we look like one of the worst teams in the division to me. If not the worst.

The Spurs, Man U and Pool games have been simply embarrassing to watch.

I think we are in big trouble, because Eck is going nowhere.

I wouldn't be shocked if we went down with a whimper.

Â