The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Its a big 4 days for McLeish. If he has a go in the next two games and comes out with at least one positive result then the tide might slightly turn in his favour. If we serve up the same negative crap we did against Spurs and Man Utd then he will have 99% of the fans on his back.

I really hope for all our sakes he at least sends the lads out with a positive attitude to have a go. I can take losing but what I can't take is accepting defeat before a ball has even been kicked. Aston Villa are far bigger than that.

He'd probably get a bit more breathing space if we lost both the Liverpool and Arsenal games but had a go than if we draw both 0-0 in the typical dour McLeish fashion.

Fact is though, if we play positively in the next two games then we've got more chance of picking up points than if we play negatively.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a big 4 days for McLeish. If he has a go in the next two games and comes out with at least one positive result then the tide might slightly turn in his favour. If we serve up the same negative crap we did against Spurs and Man Utd then he will have 99% of the fans on his back.

I really hope for all our sakes he at least sends the lads out with a positive attitude to have a go. I can take losing but what I can't take is accepting defeat before a ball has even been kicked. Aston Villa are far bigger than that.

He'd probably get a bit more breathing space if we lost both the Liverpool and Arsenal games but had a go than if we draw both 0-0 in the typical dour McLeish fashion.

Fact is though, if we play positively in the next two games then we've got more chance of picking up points than if we play negatively.

We don't agree too often mate but your bang on the money this time.

Tough one for me. If we get a result in one of these games does this mean McLeish is safe for the rest of the season and we could end up in a relegation scrap. I would rather we lost the two games and he went and was replaced by Hughes for the sake of the rest of the season, although I appreciate we could probably lose the two and Lerner would still stick with him.

We don't agree too often mate but your bang on the money this time.

Yep, I agree too. Liverpool ain't that good and Arsenal, whilst in form, is a rather weak team so play hard and try to get forward and we can get a positive result. We'll probably lose but we must give it a try.

Tough one for me. If we get a result in one of these games does this mean McLeish is safe for the rest of the season and we could end up in a relegation scrap. I would rather we lost the two games and he went and was replaced by Hughes for the sake of the rest of the season, although I appreciate we could probably lose the two and Lerner would still stick with him.

I'm just off to VP and if I have someone with your attitude siting anywhere near me I'll end up doing time :angry: You can't be serious in suggesting you'd rather see us lose if it puts a bit more pressure on the manager and maybe results in seeing him shown the door. I'm no fan of Mcleish far from it but how about hoping we win, gain a bit more confidence and move up the league.

I have never and could never hope to see Aston Villa lose regardless of who the manager is and if I wanted him out. Thakfully I think 99.9% of supporters feel the same.

The idiot ably backed by Lerner and Faulkener are systematically ruining mine and you're club.

I still cannot understand the logic of him being appointed as our manager.

The best thing that can happen is for all three to do one.....but i fear thats going to be quite a while before that happens :(:bang::bang::angry:

AM does not do positive, his mind set is based on clean sheets and the odd goals. Unfortunately, his plan is coming well undone at VP. He needs to go by the New Year, but with giving him a long contract, Lerner again showed a lack of business acumen IMO and will again have to pay put a lot of dosh toshove McLeish out the door, along with his support team. Whoever replaces him will need to be someone who believes in playing football and as we aren't likely to get a big name who's any good, we should be looking for an up and coming manager. Certainly Martinez could have been no worse than AM. Lambert at Norwich has shown there are good prospective Premiership managers about.

Delph was bad but Bannan was hardly much better.Both giving the ball away easily.

End of the day roughly speaking Downing and Carroll cost as much as our entire team and bench ...we expect more but **** knows we have been stripped to the bare bones.

Â