Charles N'Zogbia

bickster

What's the deal with Charlie? Has he just been dropped or has he been naughty again?

Just wondering because surely giving him 15-20 minutes at the end of a game as an impact sub wouldn't hurt. Especially as Albrighton seems to be breathing out of his arse by that stage.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but think part of the problem for Charlie is down to the dynamic of our dressing room, I can't imagine him really getting on with many of our squad, at Wigan he was brought in around the same time of alot of players and was part of the make up of the squad.

I just imagine him to be abit of a loner in our squad.

I can't help but think part of the problem for Charlie is down to the dynamic of our dressing room, I can't imagine him really getting on with many of our squad, at Wigan he was brought in around the same time of alot of players and was part of the make up of the squad.

he has played with jenas, given, heskey and beye before so im sure that wouldnt be an issue. though he does seem like a bit of a moody character

I think the problem we have with Charlie is that he's not an out and out winger, like he seems to be asked to play as. He's better running with the ball, cutting inside and getting strikes in on goal, or playing little through balls than getting wide and whipping in a cross.

I think the problem we have with Charlie is that he's not an out and out winger, like he seems to be asked to play as. He's better running with the ball, cutting inside and getting strikes in on goal, or playing little through balls than getting wide and whipping in a cross.

that's basically what Young was doing in his last season for us.

Yeah , I was thinking watching the game that maybe he could slot into Keanes role after keane moves on because right now he and gabby are competing for the same spot on the wing (which neither really like).

Problem is Charles doesnt have Keanes quick eye for creating a move. Ireland does but that would mean putting Charles out on the other wing again which we have tried before and he struggles.

Class player though, just tough getting him to fit into our squad (similar probem we have with a couple of other players).

he needs to play far more like he did in the second half yesterday, so far he has not been good bar the odd promising cross or shot but last night for around 35 minutes he looked like he remembered he could pass the ball to other players and not just put his head down and run at a group of defenders and fall over while giving the ball away.

im sure though he isnt used to the sheer amount of hoof his has had to put up with, wigan, for their shit defence, still know how to pass a football on the floor.

no coincidence that bent, zog, ireland and keane ( admittedly against probably the worst performance from a team i have seen since we played spurz)looked far better when the ball was on the ground.

bent scores, we put passes together.

credit for that goes to cuellar for calmly playing it out from the back and encouraging the rest of the defence to pass it through the midfield.

well done for last night zog, only another 10 more performcances like that this season and you may come good.

it is simple, Nzog and Albie both wingers swapping their sides when needed, Bent or Gabby (based on form) as a main striker, Ireland or Bannan (based on form) as a free roamer between them and Petrov, Herd or Clark (based on form) in the middle.

I think I described N'Zogbia as a player with great technical ability who blows hot and cold with his form when he signed. He has the ability to frustrate as much as excite. Not a bad swap for downing considering the price.

I thought he was cracking last night, and overall, since he's been here some of his touches vision and control have been second to no player I've ever seen in the claret and blue. If anybody can get this guy to do it week in week out for 90 mins we'll have a fantastic player. Consistency is the key with N'Zogbia.

Â