Charles N'Zogbia

bickster

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is - Nzogbia is pants. Period.

No, you're just happy an ignorant and unsubstantiated point you made when he signed is looking to be true.

Hence, it is neither ignorant and unsubstantiated.

I admire the blind faith but come on - he's totally inept.

If you're implying that he played exactly like this last season you'd have a point. Problem is, he didn't. He played much better with worse players around him. So while he is looking shit right now, that doesn't mean this is his standard and that you were right.

Its likely his comment was born out of the fact that over Nzogbias career in the premiership he's been a very good player.

I must have missed the bit where Nzogbia has been a very good player in the premiership?

If that was the case he would have played for bigger and better clubs than Newcastle, Wigan and Aston Villa. Infact there was very little intrest from anyone else this summer apart from us.

Nzogbia has always been terribly inconsistent, infact its hard to remember a season where he has played more than 8/10 good games. He goes missing for the other 28/30 games per season and thats his problem, always has been always will be be.

The problem with him is that there is no inbetween, he is either good or totally bollocks and spending £9.5m on him was criminal. There are much more consitent and arguably better wingers out there for similar or less money in the championship and on the continent.

Nzogbia has been nothing more than an average player with occasional glimpses of brilliance which we have yet to see.

Nowhere near as good or anywhere near as consistent as Milner,A Young or Downing.

I really hope he has one of his blinders soon because we desperatly need him to as he is the only wide player we have

I admire the blind faith but come on - he's totally inept.

playing football in Premier LEague for 7 years makes you inept :D

See comment from KHV above who sums it up perfectly.

He was raved about at Wigan because he stood out in a few games in a team whose workrate subsidised their lack of class.

N'zogbia at Newcastle - Well he ended up going to Wigan so that sums him up there.

I am as big a villa supporter as anyone. I just view the world objectively these days and it is as obvious as anything we killed any hope of being in the top half when we sold two quality players and bought an overrated goon like CNZ

Thanks for the informative contribution

It was more informative than your post above, period? Are u american or do u just like to repeat words u hear listening to american TV?

1. My comment was a continuation of previous posts as opposed to a one off comment, so no, I disagree with you too.

2. Neither. I use language which puts my point across accurately.

And your view is?

Talent is there for all to see - I agree he's inconsistent and hasn't done very well since joining, but I've seen enough of him in his career to suggest given time he'll be a very good player for us.

However slagging him off and wanting to get rid after 10 games of his villa career is total rubbish, and just sums up some fans.

As with the majority of Villa fans I've been very unimpressed with N'Zog so far however I do think the lad needs a full pre season behind him instead of getting an extended holiday as he had at the start of this season. Just look at Downing in his second season compared to the first . I'm sure Charlie will come good but I just think he needs game time to get back up to speed. He did show glimpses against Sunderland that he is slowly getting back into form.

I'm happy for anyone to quote me on the following.

Nzogbia will be a brilliant player for Aston Villa if people give him time. Those writing him off are not only mugs, but they'll be apologising and admitting they were wrong when May comes around.

Bearing in mind how ineffective Downing (when he got fit) and Milner were then I am more that prepared to give N'Zogbia time.

Difference being Downing had previously played well at Boro before he came and Milner had played well for Newcastle before he came.

Nzogbia was iffy at Newcastle and more miss than hit at Wigan hence noone else wanted him.

He can be great on his day and Im sure nobody disputes that, its just that he doesnt have those days very often and when he is having an off day he is totally useless. You never get a decent performance from him, its either amazing or 8 times out of 10 its awful

Nobody wanted him... Everton did, Newcastle were interested, as were Sunderland. Played well today, starting to look like a top half winger.

Â