Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Question for SGC, have you actually seen Gardner play or are you judging him on a poor warm up you saw?

saw him last night in the nextgen, thought he was awful bar the goals

Is this the first/only time you have seen him play? Or have you seen him a number of times?

yes first time, wasn't impressed

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. My face does something my brain doesn't understand when reading this tripe

Aw yes that's understandable. So besides scoring a hat trick in the U19 equivalent of the Champions League he was awful?

I'd take an awful performance and a hat trick everyday. How was he awful - what did he do (or didn't do) that made him so awful?

his passing and movement were awful, he just looked like a pub player, nowhere near good enough for the first team, daniel johnson on the other hand looked like the next coming of xavi, he was a joy to watch

FFS.

Aw yes that's understandable. So besides scoring a hat trick in the U19 equivalent of the Champions League he was awful?

I'd take an awful performance and a hat trick everyday. How was he awful - what did he do (or didn't do) that made him so awful?

his passing and movement were awful, he just looked like a pub player, nowhere near good enough for the first team, daniel johnson on the other hand looked like the next coming of xavi, he was a joy to watch

FFS.

what now?

FFS.

what now?

You must really enjoying making a tit out of yourself!

honestly, he's a very good footballer, much better than gardner, very excited about him

What is it you look for when watching youth players?

Their hair obviously. Daniel Johnson, Nathan Delfouneso. Long braided/dreadlock hair styles.

FFS.

what now?

You must really enjoying making a tit out of yourself!

A player who is commonly acknowledged to be our best youth prospect (and scores a hat-trick!) is a 'pub player'. I'm not even bothering with that Xavi comment, he's clearly on a wind up.

I keep hearing that the next few games ahead of us are bloody tough and we'll be in the relegation zone by New Year. You want to destroy the kid by throwing him into that? Or send him out for a month's experience lower down without pressure then bring him into the side when the fixtures ease up a bit.

A month at Coventry could be what he needs to make him ready

im not a mcleish fan but i have to agree with this. its good management we cant throw him now base don the games coming up

A player who is commonly acknowledged to be our best youth prospect (and scores a hat-trick!) is a 'pub player'. I'm not even bothering with that Xavi comment, he's clearly on a wind up.

I genuinely wasn't sure before that he was a wind up merchant, I just thought he was a bit dense. This, among other things, completely confirms that he is on a wind up.

Question for SGC, have you actually seen Gardner play or are you judging him on a poor warm up you saw?

Is this the first/only time you have seen him play? Or have you seen him a number of times?

yes first time, wasn't impressed

It seems strange to dismiss someone as not good enough based on one performance. Especially as he scored 3 goals in that performance.

Hopefully, we'll see whether he has the ability during his loan spell at Coventry. Fingers crossed it will be beneficial move for the player and he takes the chance to shine, like Walker did last season with us. And, hopefully he'll come back a better player for the experience.

Â