Photography?

trimandson

Latest mantis pic - still not very big!

4353845374_0628c042e2.jpg

Have you entered the Guardian competition? This month, the theme is macro, and I think it closes on Monday.

Closed last night but just snuck in on time - thanks. Useful to know about that as they have a flickr group which you can post a series of pics to. Am going to have to take a photography course next year, feel I've achieved what I can on my own and need some help now!

Just bought this camera for the trip

It's quite a deal for $242.95. The camera, a case, an 8gb card, a tripod, batteries, battery charger and a multi card reader.

Really? Noone have any thoughts or comments on Fuji cameras?

I was being polite :mrgeen: it's the British way. Saying nothing was possibly all of us trying to tell you something.

I don't like their silly sensors, I don't like their cameras in the semi pro / prosumer range. I find them fiddly and find that their sensors **** about to much with the image colours, they call it increasing the dynamic range, I call them unnatural looking colours.

Fuji are good in the handbag camera range, they should stick to that

Then again thats my opinion based on a good few years ago not now. B23 probably thinks differently as he originally started out with a Fuji SLR body, I think it came with a free pair of stack heels and a handbag or something :mrgreen:

Thinking of getting a proper compact camera for Wembley as opposed to simply using the phone. Are those Panasonics still the best ones from a few pages back?

Though they would be pushing the budget to it's max.

Yes but there are there are cheaper versions of the same (bought a cheaper one in pink for Rebecca for that december gift giving day) it takes just as good pics Zactly the same sensor), just has a few less options in the settings and the like, I'm taking mine to Wembley, love to take an SLR but somehow I think it might get confiscated in corporate hell clampdown

Just bought this camera for the trip

It's quite a deal for $242.95. The camera, a case, an 8gb card, a tripod, batteries, battery charger and a multi card reader.

Really? Noone have any thoughts or comments on Fuji cameras?

I was being polite :mrgeen: it's the British way. Saying nothing was possibly all of us trying to tell you something.

I don't like their silly sensors, I don't like their cameras in the semi pro / prosumer range. I find them fiddly and find that their sensors **** about to much with the image colours, they call it increasing the dynamic range, I call them unnatural looking colours.

Fuji are good in the handbag camera range, they should stick to that

Then again thats my opinion based on a good few years ago not now. B23 probably thinks differently as he originally started out with a Fuji SLR body, I think it came with a free pair of stack heels and a handbag or something :mrgreen:

Haahhaha gee thanks Bick. I just wanted to get some opinions on it. I watched many of the HD videos tested by the camera and put on youtube and was quite impressed, (except there is a sound when zooming in, no big deal to me). Also the pictures I looked at online were quite good. It's something affordable for me to take to Africa and I won't be too butt hurt if it gets stolen or broken.

I think fuji make decent little cameras. The sensors on their cameras were very good for portraits especially. The colours were great. And the dynamic range capabilities are proven to be very useful. Bickster looks like a certain dr who. Who's gonna be righter?

Thinking of getting a proper compact camera for Wembley as opposed to simply using the phone. Are those Panasonics still the best ones from a few pages back?

Though they would be pushing the budget to it's max.

Yes but there are there are cheaper versions of the same (bought a cheaper one in pink for Rebecca for that december gift giving day) it takes just as good pics Zactly the same sensor), just has a few less options in the settings and the like, I'm taking mine to Wembley, love to take an SLR but somehow I think it might get confiscated in corporate hell clampdown

Where are these cheaper ones?

Giselle wants a photo book type thing for the memories so withyours and mine she should get some decent pics. Aston hates having his pic taken tho........

Â