Stephen Warnock

KSV

Plenty of players get booed, remember that knob Hodge?

Warnock, Hutton, Collins and Heskey are simply not good enough to wear a Villa shirt as we all know they will let the team down continually, if only McClueless could see that, sigh

people saying he scored the own goal on purpose are you for real really.

you think it doenst happen in the game? it does and that looked delibrate to me, if it wanst he is utter utter shit and should not be playing at this level

if only McLeish could see that, sigh

he has tried droppring warnock but clark got torn aprt by kightly

herd did a good job in place of hutton but then he was needed in midfield before getting injured

heskey hasnt been needed

now cuellar is playing hopefully collins wont get back but i cant see collins being sold when he has just brought a house in the area after playing for us for 3 & 1/2 years

Plenty of players get booed, remember that knob Hodge?

Warnock, Hutton, Collins and Heskey are simply not good enough to wear a Villa shirt as we all know they will let the team down continually, if only McLeish could see that, sigh

Hodge was booed for things he did off the pitch, not for making a mistake on it. 'Plenty of players' do not get booed for making errors on the pitch, if I am wrong list them for me.

Anyone who's played the game will know he meant that

Anone who's played the game will know that the mistake wasn't the header. The mistake was the communication. He had free sight on the ball untill Dunne jumped up in front of him. The og wasn't solely Warnocks fault. Dunne had his fair share of it too. Had Dunne not done that it would never have been a goal. But people have decided to make Warnock a scapegoat so they won't let anything off him.

Not defending Warnock as a player, just defending him a bit for that og.

I agree with you Pelle, spot on. Though why he was heading it that way i dont know. Never head across face of goal. Most will back header it away...even for a corner.

Absolutely. I don't think he was really aware of where he was heading it. And it's typical Villa this season to score an og when there was no real threat at all.

Some of the shit over the last 4 or 5 pages is **** breathtaking!

He's playing shite, out of form and out of luck, no more no less.

Yes he needs dropping and needs his confidence rebuilding, but to say he is terrible is stupid. People have short memories, he was our best player at the start of the season.

Oh...and the "he scored it on purpose" thing...im just going to pretend that i never read that.

I took my 7yo son there last night. We sat in the Lower Holte and watched the OG go in about 3 rows behind where it was. As soon as it happened there were loads of fans screaming abuse at Warnock, really nasty stuff he could quite obviously hear while lying on his back wanting the ground to swallow him up with a look of disbelief on his face. Then when all the other players (including Dunne) had walked off and left him there, it was only Given who went to him, put his arm on his shoulder and tried to offer some comfort. As he did that, the whole stand booed. It was absolutely sickening and I saw the shocked and upset look on my son's face, he couldn't understand how fans could turn on their player like that. I was 50/50 whether to just get up and walk out at that point, leaving the arseholes to their bile. We stuck it out only to hear Warnock getting booed on every touch, but a fantastic performance in the 2nd half. Obviously McLeish had a word with him at HT as he seemed really determined to put it right and him and Hutton were both great on the flanks in the 2nd half.

I was left thinking last night that perhaps it wouldn't be a bad thing if we got relegated because hopefully the idiots would lose interest and only leave Villa to the real supporters.

Agree you need to get that head back in the sand and adopt the ostrich stance

You honestly believe he did that on purpose?

Why is my head in the sand? Because i dont believe one of our players scored an own goal on purpose?

Do you realise how stupid you sound by claiming that he did it on purpose?

Agree, it's a bit like bowling no balls on purpose

It would NEVER happen

Well I'm sold.

Someone in a different sport, did something totally incomparable to this incident, therefore Warnock MUST have done it on purpose.

He was either trying to cushion it back to Given, or glance it out of play. Dunne jumping in front of him meant he royally **** it up.

It was shit play. But if you genuinely believe it was on purpose (which you don't, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt) then there's no convincing you otherwise. It's total conspiracy theory stuff.

If it was on purpose, why would he carry on playing well (for him) in the second half. I assume he'd have scored it in order to make us lose the game? Surely once we went to 2-2 he'd have tried something else?

Why would he act so gutted when he scored it? So that people wouldn't think it was on purpose? Then why do it in the first place? If no-one knew it was on purpose, what does it achieve?

By the way, Man DID land on the moon, The american government DIDN'T stage the 9/11 bombings and Kennedy WAS shot from the Texas School Book Depository

Agree you need to get that head back in the sand and adopt the ostrich stance

You honestly believe he did that on purpose?

Why is my head in the sand? Because i dont believe one of our players scored an own goal on purpose?

Do you realise how stupid you sound by claiming that he did it on purpose?

The important word here is "claiming"

No way CI actually believes it.

and Kennedy WAS shot from the Texas School Book Depository

I stopped reading there... ;) Which was the only thing in your post that I can't wholeheartedly agree on, but that's another debate. So, top post. Again.

Â